Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:31:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can someone help  (Read 1023 times)
SolarNick (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 09:30:35 PM

I had received a loan on BTCjam and I transferred 1.6 to an address that I cant find anywhere.. A few weeks have passed and im worried that im screwed out of getting it back.. can anyone help me find my wallet? I know this is a really dumb thing to post but 1.6 is slot of money for me. I will give 0.5 to snyone that can help me recover it.. all i need to know is what service or website this wallet

“1zkcTymzUwDtUpKxKKdK9wwzL5vhGwXFU” I believe this is the transaction ID for the 1.6 https://blockchain.info/tx/8fbca26f2f496b3ca548cb52a1113d3de5b2cc1aa1fcb3f99bdd23d325f5c80b
gelar24

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:45:05 PM

Why could happen? does it really address your wallet?
why you can not open it? very strange to hear Smiley

btc after I see you've moved on to other people's wallets.
SolarNick (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 09:49:45 PM

please dont start calling me shady.. listen it was a stupid mistake i was testing out wallets, gambling sites, even transferring to people.. the last address i had transferred to was stored and i didnt double check it.. all of this can be verified via my btc jam account if you really must see a screen shot but i really just want help finding it can you help me
RockHound

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:02:34 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2014, 10:45:26 PM by RockHound

You remind me of one of my old mates - These things do happen : )

First:

Are you using the same PC/MAC as a couple weeks ago?

You might have already done this, but try going through your browser history, you might stumble upon the website you were trying out.

Also try going through your email inbox mate, typically most website/services require your to register an account, a confirmation email might jog your memory

Don't worry about the reward brother : )
hlynur

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:03:45 PM

so what's your problem exactly...
you transferred 1.6 btc to a wallet and you don't remember its location?

Do you have a list of your wallets?

My only suggestion is to check your online wallets and all the offline wallets on your drives.

You must have copy-pasted that address from somewhere or did you just type it in?

rarkenin

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:05:35 PM

If it was online, some browsers keep some parts of page fulltext, try typing it into your history search or address bar.
omgbossis21

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:12:38 PM

If it was a wallet on your pc try browing c(or your drive letter):/users/(your username)/appdata/roaming/xxx(your btc apps).  Perhaps you will come across a multibit or something you forgot about.  Also your wallet file is stored in in case you didn't know.
akali

Activity: 55

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:22:28 PM

check all the wallets you have? it should be displayed by click sending
SolarNick (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 11:46:46 PM

thanks everyone.. i have been having a tough time and i gave a person i believed to be my friend my mac and long story short he sold my computer.. i think i storred it the web browser app called coin pocket but o cant seem to get it to work.. trying desperately to get my mac back. if snyone can think of snything my email is nicklyn@gmail.com

thank you
williamj2543

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 11:53:42 PM

If you sent the BTC to a wrong address there is no chance of getting it back, unless the owner of the address finds this post, and is nice enough to send it back, which is extremely unlikely. Sorry for your loss!

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Benjig

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:04:49 AM

Try looking for all the sites you have used like gambling sites or related online wallets. But if that address was to make a payment or something it will be more difficult.
hlynur

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:24:48 AM

sorry for your loss.

someone selling your borrowed computer incl. all your data is pretty f***ed up.
perhaps you can contact the new owner of your mac and lay claim to your coins,
or you give that "friend" some grilling to pay you back.

If one of my friends would pull that shit i'd beat him up and/or sue his ass to get my money back.
I'd say 1.6 btc at least justifies some greater efforts, you'll never know how much it's worth in the far future.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: