Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:21:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where would you prefer to born if you were born at another era?  (Read 2801 times)
BCEmporium (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:57:08 PM

My options would be:

2nd Millennium BC
Egypt

1st Millennium BC
China

III to I BC
Greece

I AD to IX AD
China or India

IX to XIII AD
Arabia or Iran

XV to XVIII AD
Japan

XIX AD onwards
Europe or USA

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:12:38 AM

Meaningless to answer such question! We can't choose the place we born.
BCEmporium (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:19:33 AM

Meaningless to answer such question! We can't choose the place we born.

Surely, just a what if you could and you were born somewhere in the past.

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
CripLib

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

Crypto Liberty

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:58:57 AM

in the 60's/70's. I would love to have gone to the Woodstock festival.

Peace & Love!

INSTANT GAMBLING  .!..PRIMEDICE.... 0.91% HOUSE EDGE
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄               HIGH BTC FAUCET EACH MINUTE!                    SELL YOUR SIGNATURE SPACE FOR BITCOINS!
THE WORLD'S MOST POPULAR BITCOIN GAMBLING WEBSITE
zeeshan98210

Activity: 124

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:11:43 AM

There is probably no reason to born on those stinky eras, there is a big chance infants born on that era will never reach adulthood. If you say travel I will like to travel on that eras but born no way.
jjc326

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:49:03 AM

In terms of chance of living to an older age I believe we are in the best era ever. And all the modern comforts too. Heck we might blow each other to smithereens but for now we at all lucky to be born now.
negafen

Activity: 218
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 05:20:19 AM

In terms of chance of living to an older age I believe we are in the best era ever. And all the modern comforts too. Heck we might blow each other to smithereens but for now we at all lucky to be born now.

Yes.

Always better to be born as "late" as one can and enjoy the fruits of our ancestors.
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 05:49:11 AM

100 or 500 years from now...I've seen today's world. I've read about yesterday's world. The only thing I don't know about yet is the world of tomorrow.

BCEmporium (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:10:28 AM

Maybe I hadn't explain myself well.
No doubt we live in the best era so far, life expectancy is high, life value is also high, quality of life is higher than it even been, even at some troublesome place.
But this isn't like one day we, humanity, were holding a spear barely dressed and in the next day came an alien and we got cars, internet, planes, meds, docs and all of this. Evolution is a ladder, made step by step by the civilizations that came before us. My question is then around of those civilizations, if it happens that you were born in the past and could choose (yes, I know, we can't choose either), which of those civilizations or places you rather be part of, which of those evolution steps are more worthy of your admiration.

|

|
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 11:30:27 AM

No doubt we live in the best era so far...

For a very narrow definition of "we". Wink

I think most people would go with your initial answer - we'd choose to be born in the civilisation that is at the peak of its power at any given time, that is thriving on the fruits of oppression and subjugation of other civilisations which we wouldn't want to be born into.

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
balanghai

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:33:39 AM

No doubt we live in the best era so far...

For a very narrow definition of "we". Wink

I think most people would go with your initial answer - we'd choose to be born in the civilisation that is at the peak of its power at any given time, that is thriving on the fruits of oppression and subjugation of other civilisations which we wouldn't want to be born into.

How narrow is "we".  Grin
Nemo1024
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 11:39:05 AM

As narrow as North-America and Northern Europe. (And Australia, that everyone forgets about, it being somewhere on the underside of the world.)

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
Katekyo

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:49:19 AM

I would like that I was being born today, and that my father was a bitcoin millionaire.
BCEmporium (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:52:14 AM

As narrow as North-America and Northern Europe. (And Australia, that everyone forgets about, it being somewhere on the underside of the world.)

Is it? The funniest thing is that even other places improved a lot. People tend to compare to those who are better to feel miserable, but if you born 100 years ago at Russia you would be in deep shit compared to Russia today, the same for Palestine, Syria and most of the places if not all.
Just if you born in a tribe nobody heard about you can say it's about the same.

|

|
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:11:36 PM

Where would you prefer to born if you were born at another era?
LOL very interesting question.
I'm fun of history so I guess it will be great to be direct witness of some of greatest events in human history like discovery of America, Miidle age in Europe, Israel in the time of Jesus, China 3 0000 years ago etc.
But, we shouldn't forget that people before didn't have much security as we today, not health care, good income, they didn't live loig as today and most people was slaves.
So, maybe just 1 or 2 % of whole population had some kind of good standard and security so if i was born at that time, I would prefere to be born at least in some royal family Smiley

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Nemo1024
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 12:20:12 PM

Is it? The funniest thing is that even other places improved a lot. People tend to compare to those who are better to feel miserable, but if you born 100 years ago at Russia you would be in deep shit compared to Russia today...

That may be so, when you compare Russia today, with Russia, torn by Civil War in the aftermath of WWI and coup d'etat/revolution. However, Russia of 1900, with blooming industrialisation, was better than Russia/Soviet Union of 1914-1950, so development can tack steps backward. For example development took a huge step backwards for Iran/Persia or for Iraq.
I think I'd like to visit the mid-1700's Russia, the time of Lomonosov.

BCEmporium (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:24:39 PM

Is it? The funniest thing is that even other places improved a lot. People tend to compare to those who are better to feel miserable, but if you born 100 years ago at Russia you would be in deep shit compared to Russia today...

That may be so, when you compare Russia today, with Russia, torn by Civil War in the aftermath of WWI and coup d'etat/revolution. However, Russia of 1900, with blooming industrialisation, was better than Russia/Soviet Union of 1914-1950, so development can tack steps backward. For example development took a huge step backwards for Iran/Persia or for Iraq.
I think I'd like to visit the mid-1700's Russia, the time of Lomonosov.

But you need to put things to perspective. They told you at school that Russia was industrializing and you tend to think about modern factories as you see them today... well... they weren't anything near it. They were good at their time context, for today standards they were nothing, even a low industrialized small country of today is able to produce more than the whole Russia by XIX Century.

|

|
noviapriani

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:24:55 PM

The beginning of time maybe. Caveman Era. I've always wanted to know how humanity began and progressed through time. It'd be awesome to see it with my own eyes.

onlyu

Activity: 165

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:38:10 PM

Wish I am born later. After we discover the art of immortality.
BCEmporium (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:39:13 PM

Wish I am born later. After we discover the art of immortality.

How can you know we won't find it before you die?  Smiley

|

|
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: