Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:21:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Portal 1 for 3 BTC  (Read 1412 times)
jarly (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 12:19:45 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2011, 01:36:15 AM by jarly

I'm new, but please don't confuse that for scammy. I have a spare copy of Portal 1 on Steam. The retail value is $9.99, or 3.121875 BTC. I figured I would round it down. Smiley
Always open to buyers!

edit: trade went smoothly! thanks FatherMcGruder

edit: it looks like I've got another copy spare!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ian Maxwell

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2011, 12:39:37 AM

I have a copy of the same, at the same price. Tried to sell it before with no luck.

If you haven't played Portal yet, it's well worth the money! Best first-person "shooter" I've played yet.

Ian Maxwell
PGP key | WoT rating
FatherMcGruder

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2011, 01:36:53 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2011, 01:46:56 PM by FatherMcGruder

I am down for this deal. I only signed up for Steam yesterday and I don't know how to transfer games yet. Can you briefly explain the process?

If you like, we can rate each other on the transaction in bitcoin-OTC. It can help you build your reputation.

Use my Trade Hill referral code: TH-R11519

Check out bitcoinity.org and Ripple.

Shameless display of my bitcoin address:
1Hio4bqPUZnhr2SWi4WgsnVU1ph3EkusvH
jarly (OP)

Activity: 29

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 01:55:46 PM

Basically, I'm gifting you a spare copy of Portal that I got when I pre-ordered Portal 2 (I bought the Orange Box which already had Portal). So far, I don't think there is a way to swap games that you have in your Library. Also, I've never used bitcoin-OTC, how does that work?
PabloW

Activity: 228
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 01:56:45 PM

Very nice game, too bad its so short! but I think its worth it. I got it for free though Cheesy
FatherMcGruder

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2011, 02:23:33 PM

Basically, I'm gifting you a spare copy of Portal that I got when I pre-ordered Portal 2 (I bought the Orange Box which already had Portal). So far, I don't think there is a way to swap games that you have in your Library. Also, I've never used bitcoin-OTC, how does that work?
Sorry if I'm a little slow here. After I send the bitcoins to you, how will you get the game to me? Through Steam? By mail?

Bitcoin-OTC is a neat little service that, among other things, allows people to rate each other. For example, if the transaction goes smoothly, we would each give each other good ratings. You mentioned that you were new, so I thought suggesting bitcoin-OTC might help you in the course of overcoming newbie prejudice.

Ian Maxwell

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2011, 02:41:05 PM

If you give jarly your email address he can "send" the game there---meaning you'll get an email with a code you can use to accept the game on Steam. Since you can send even to non-Steam users, the email will have redemption instructions included. Until you actually accept the gift there is a chance he could "double spend," so to speak, so you'd want to do so as soon as possible. (This is a "feature not a bug" in that if you give a gift to someone who doesn't want it, at least you can take it back and give it to someone else.)

Or, if you become jarly's friend on Steam, he can send you the game directly and it will appear in the list of games you own.

Note that reselling Steam games may be against the ToS. So it's probably a good idea to keep your discussion to PM and email instead of, say, Steam chat.

Ian Maxwell
PGP key | WoT rating
FatherMcGruder

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2011, 02:50:34 PM

If you give jarly your email address he can "send" the game there---meaning you'll get an email with a code you can use to accept the game on Steam. Since you can send even to non-Steam users, the email will have redemption instructions included. Until you actually accept the gift there is a chance he could "double spend," so to speak, so you'd want to do so as soon as possible. (This is a "feature not a bug" in that if you give a gift to someone who doesn't want it, at least you can take it back and give it to someone else.)

Or, if you become jarly's friend on Steam, he can send you the game directly and it will appear in the list of games you own.

Note that reselling Steam games may be against the ToS. So it's probably a good idea to keep your discussion to PM and email instead of, say, Steam chat.
Thanks for the explanation, SunAvatar.

FatherMcGruder

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2011, 09:26:27 PM

Jarly, I sent you a PM.

unxetas

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 04, 2011, 12:54:32 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2011, 03:06:14 AM by unxetas

Perfect excuse to sign up to the forum after lurking around a while.. SunAvatar, PM me if you've still got your copy of Portal 1.. I'm sure we'll work something out once I get home from work Smiley

edit: just bought it from ctoon6 from the other thread, thanks.
ctoon6

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 04, 2011, 01:38:48 AM

I have 2 copies of portal if anyone else is still looking. see my thread http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=7097.0

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: