Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 03:56:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Great news from Dell and Alienware  (Read 2760 times)
Sheldor333 (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 08:58:54 AM

I think it is a great news https://twitter.com/coinbase/status/492347634682576896
Dell offering 10% discount when purchasing Alienware with Bitcoin. Hope they spread this to other Dell products.

So Alienware now accepts Bitcoin! https://twitter.com/Alienware/status/492351443899138048
I know this would make sense as Alienware is Dell.

Neg

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:09:45 PM

I've always liked Dell. A 10% discount is pretty good and a great incentive to use the coins. How long does this offer last? I could do with a new PC or laptop.
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:13:35 PM

This is bad in the short term for Bitcoin. Because Dell uses Coinbase(instead of accepting and keeping Bitcoin directly), coinbase will need to eventually sell the BTC to cover the USD they gave to Dell. This is why the price is dropping. Then people start to panic and sell as well.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:18:48 PM

This is bad in the short term for Bitcoin. Because Dell uses Coinbase(instead of accepting and keeping Bitcoin directly), coinbase will need to eventually sell the BTC to cover the USD they gave to Dell. This is why the price is dropping. Then people start to panic and sell as well.

I'm holding long term so this is a nice news, it's true that in the short term the selling pressure will rise a little but the adoption will increase at the same time.
Katekyo

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:19:24 PM

But in order to spend BTC people need to buy if first, so basically there's no real "bad impact" to BTC's price here...
Rub3n

Activity: 563
Merit: 501

S> Cheap SocialMedia Hype's

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 12:19:50 PM

Still 40% +- to low on what they actually cost without the hideous cases  Kiss

Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:22:47 PM

But in order to spend BTC people need to buy if first, so basically there's no real "bad impact" to BTC's price here...
I believe only people that had BTC prior or from early days will be willing to spend them there, people who do not own any BTC aren't going to jump through heaps and hoops and various banking fees to deposit money so they can buy BTC and then buy the Dell products. The 10% difference would likely even out(perhaps even go into the negative due to said fees) and it would be no different than buying it directly with fiat.

madken7777

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:29:19 PM

Does this offer valid for buyer outside US?
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:30:01 PM

Still 40% +- to low on what they actually cost without the hideous cases  Kiss

I would never buy one of their computers because of their cases, but I know they are built for gamers, not for me.
Their particular design is perfect for teens, and the higher price is justified in my opinion.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4500

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:32:00 PM

I believe only people that had BTC prior or from early days will be willing to spend them there, people who do not own any BTC aren't going to jump through heaps and hoops and various banking fees to deposit money so they can buy BTC and then buy the Dell products. The 10% difference would likely even out and it would be no different than buying it directly with fiat.

seems you are still on the fiat band wagon. you care more about daily FIAT price then you care about bitcoins usefulness as its own currency.

i think its time you cashed out and moved on with your fiat life or you will forever be hating on every new merchant that loves bitcoin

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:34:05 PM

I believe only people that had BTC prior or from early days will be willing to spend them there, people who do not own any BTC aren't going to jump through heaps and hoops and various banking fees to deposit money so they can buy BTC and then buy the Dell products. The 10% difference would likely even out and it would be no different than buying it directly with fiat.

seems you are still on the fiat band wagon. you care more about daily FIAT price then you care about bitcoins usefulness as its own currency.

i think its time you cashed out and moved on with your fiat life or you will forever be hating on every new merchant that loves bitcoin
I remember telling you to start your sentences with a CAPITAL letter. This isn't IRC.

I find your posts difficult to read, it's like some 12 year old kid is writing them.

Dr. Pepper

Activity: 172

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:44:21 PM

Does this offer valid for buyer outside US?

That's what I'd like to know. The price mentioned on twitter gives it out as a max $150 dollar saving.

People can care both about bitcoin and also the price. Some people have invested heavily in it so it's ok to be concerned with the fiat price.

dquancey

Activity: 587
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:46:54 PM

Alienware have had their day.

I've owned Alienware in the past, although now I own two custom built laptops from a Clevo reseller. I'd sooner buy a Clevo laptop with Bitcoin, if possible  :-)

I just thought that because Dell accepted bitcoin, then AW would too? Suppose that wasn't the case.

Is this just for US customers too?
leex1528

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:48:03 PM

Well this is great news....

I don't ever purchase dell or Alienware but the more and more companies keep accepting bitcoin it is going to be good in the long run!
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4500

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:53:03 PM

People can care both about bitcoin and also the price. Some people have invested heavily in it so it's ok to be concerned with the fiat price.
i got a few thousand coins laying about, and the price movements do not concern me one bit. but i do laugh at the ones that are like screaming when the price moves just $10-$50 a day

I find your posts difficult to read, it's like some 12 year old kid is writing them.
i r3m3mb3r n0t c4r1ng ab0ut gr4mm4r n4z15 th4t c4nt r34d unl355 1t5 p3rf3ct 3ngl1sh.

if you cant understand the line above then maybe its your problem not mine.

the beauty of the english language is that most people can talk in social circles without having to be grammatically perfect. the english language was created as a ever evolving language made from multiple sources and its the human brain that is smart enough to interpret the meaning.

in short.. you would be screwed talking to someone who speaks cockney..

i find it truly weird that the lack of a capital letter makes such a difference. when in reality capitalization is not there to help interpretation, but simply to show off education or professionalism.

but this forum is about getting across idea's not peoples ego's so the grammar Nazism is not required

now have a nice day in fiat land

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Sheldor333 (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:55:55 PM

In my opinion it's important for BTC to change hands, so in the long term this is good. Anyway I don't think a lot of companies if any big ones are keeping their profits in BTC, mainly because it could be worth less tomorrow that it is today. They still trust fiat more.

Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:57:22 PM

I think it is a great news https://twitter.com/coinbase/status/492347634682576896
Dell offering 10% discount when purchasing Alienware with Bitcoin. Hope they spread this to other Dell products.

So Alienware now accepts Bitcoin! https://twitter.com/Alienware/status/492351443899138048
I know this would make sense as Alienware is Dell.

This is great news!
As time pass, I'm sure that more and more top world companies will accept Bitcoin as payment option and this will help us to become mainstream soon Smiley
Can you check if this offer is just for USA customers or also available to the customers outside of USA?
I hope this offer is for everybody.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
leex1528

Activity: 784

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:58:35 PM

Hmmm...Why do people keep saying the price is dropping?  For me it has been going up...Yesterday morning: 580, end of day: 605 ,this morning went to $602, so it went down a tiny bit at night...but I wouldn't mind it doing that every dang day
jjc326

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:22:12 PM

I wonder how they can offer 10% off.  I mean their margins can't be that big.  Maybe they are just trying to use the discount for advertisement and to drum up some business.  I do think it's a good thing though.  I really could see some saver-minded folks trying to figure out bitcoin so they can use it to get the 10% off.
arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:27:51 PM

I wonder how they can offer 10% off.  I mean their margins can't be that big.  Maybe they are just trying to use the discount for advertisement and to drum up some business.  I do think it's a good thing though.  I really could see some saver-minded folks trying to figure out bitcoin so they can use it to get the 10% off.

Alienware profit margin probably is higher than 10%.

The same spec from Alienware can be purchased elsewhere much cheaper.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: