Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:43:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook's BUY button! Bitcoin's big moment is here  (Read 3263 times)
okbit

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 03:58:53 PM

Zuckerberg wouldn't want BTC to go up in value. The Winkelwoss twins hold a chunk of it!

what makes you think zuckerberg does not have a wallet full of million bitcoins!

yes he could be satoshi

Interesting thought... Shocked
BitcoinMillionaire

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Bling Bling

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 03:59:48 PM

Just imagine you sell or buy with just a click on facebook using bitcoins, This is an opportunity bitcoin should grab, and facebook should not miss!

Facebook is testing a way for advertisers to make the direct sales pitch to people, and it could be a game-changer for advertisers and retailers. Through the Buy button, users can complete a transaction while staying in Facebook.

http://www.insidefacebook.com/2014/07/23/the-buy-button-facebooks-next-big-thing/

Can't wait to send my facebook-friends some of my Bitcoin millions!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
polynesia
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 01:44:18 AM

People who haven't heard of bitcoin (yes, there still might be some) could think it was a game like candycrush.  Tongue
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 02:31:55 AM

agreed it will be crazy if will be accept Cheesy but i think just for developers game or proomotonand advertiser Cheesy
ANTIcentralized

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 05:23:50 AM

People who haven't heard of bitcoin (yes, there still might be some) could think it was a game like candycrush.  Tongue
Even if they had heard of bitcoin they would likely think it is some kind of facebook app game spam as there is just so much of it (there isn't any rule against people making a game called "bitcoin")
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:54:14 AM

Why would they incorporate bitcoin? I believe they'd rather develop some other proprietary payment system or cooperate with regular payment providers.

I see this being a far more likely outcome, unless they can set it up to be taking a transaction fee on each purchase.
Eotnak

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:20:17 PM

Just imagine you sell or buy with just a click on facebook using bitcoins, This is an opportunity bitcoin should grab, and facebook should not miss!

Facebook is testing a way for advertisers to make the direct sales pitch to people, and it could be a game-changer for advertisers and retailers. Through the Buy button, users can complete a transaction while staying in Facebook.

http://www.insidefacebook.com/2014/07/23/the-buy-button-facebooks-next-big-thing/

a premium service that costs more than the basic ad service.  More FB revenue.

Another money grab?

Yeesh, they don't need more sales. Just go buy the product.

Or Facebook is now getting clingy and wants to keep their users inside Facebook as much as possible...

Of course they do.  Every Website in existence is trying to get you to not click out

Why would they incorporate bitcoin? I believe they'd rather develop some other proprietary payment system or cooperate with regular payment providers.

Because Bitcoin network requires only code development and implementation.  No 3rd parties.  A proprietary payment system requires hardware, human resources, dealing with YOUR bank, and more.

Facebook and Twitter both have major problems due to most new growth is in poor 3rd world nations.

So btc is perfect for both, since most of the world is blocked from western banking such as legit visa/mc/amex accounts and western bank accounts.

Twitter may adopt btc before FB adopts it, you will have resistance to btc by FB due to the Twins alleged control of 1% of btc coins.

Exactly.  I believe that Bitcoin is a perfect fit for Bitcoin, and FB is the missing piece to the Bitcoin moon rocket:  Mass END USER adoption the world over.

Facebook policy has always been make the world facebook!

how many sites have you been that allow you to login with your FB account?  How many have you bought from that allow you to use Paypal?  FB and Bitcoin will allow you to do both.  And FB will get a cut without having to deal with your bank.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 05:13:00 PM

I see this being a far more likely outcome, unless they can set it up to be taking a transaction fee on each purchase.

There is no profit for them to use bitcoin, since most facebook users allready use paypal, it would make much more sence to integrate paypal payments.

Bitcoin is still not trustworthy enough, and its not that popular either, so people would have to go and buy bitcoin first, and then pay with it, which means they would have to loose twice as much time to purchase something.
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:01:21 AM

i agree this is nonsense. maybe using bitcoin can save them some money here and there, but the % of people who hold bitcoins is not enough to make a dent. they will team up with paypal, visa or some other processor.
novacn

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:50:45 AM

Bitcoin and FB? Wake up dude, NOT going to happen in the near future.

hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 05:03:04 AM

I think FB is planning to establish e commence if they integrate BTC. They need to consider all aspects before taking any action. It is to save resource and time. Transaction fee is another factor to consider. I think BTC or other cryptocurrencies are best choice.
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 05:56:19 AM

Facebook has become incredible horrible for businesses. Businesses are leaving in droves.

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 05:59:59 AM

Bitcoin has a smaller capitalization than dropbox.  Governments might like Bitcoin; as do some libetarians, but mainstreet is either hostile to Bitcoin or it'll take them years to get on board.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
polynesia
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 01:49:36 AM

Bitcoin has a smaller capitalization than dropbox.  Governments might like Bitcoin; as do some libetarians, but mainstreet is either hostile to Bitcoin or it'll take them years to get on board.

Governments and like bitcoin?  Shocked
Cryptohawk

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 05:54:50 AM

It would be an amazing feat for Bitcoin and brilliant publicity, but it won't happen anytime soon. There's more important things that we need to address rather than waste time attempting to contact Facebook who will, without doubt, dismiss the idea. If this ever happens (which I doubt will be anytime soon), it will probably be inspired by Amazon's adoption of Bitcoin as a payment method, if and when they do.
tinof

Activity: 343

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:12:40 AM

When is the expected release date for this feature?

polynesia
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 03:28:31 PM

When is the expected release date for this feature?

This is just speculation / wishful thinking.  Smiley
ensurance982

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Trust me!

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 03:47:49 PM

Wow, Facebook... Yeah that would be a big thing. But why would they go for Bitcoin when regular centralized payment processors are more widespread and accepted? Maybe just use credit cards or something similar.

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 03:51:14 PM

I never used facebook nor seen the need of it - but I think it's not going to happen for the simple reason that in their business model you are the product, not the customer.
But with or without their acceptance, the bitcoin network is growing. There used to be a time where 1 btc was worth 0.07$

gjgjg

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 04:52:15 PM

just to add to a FB BTC themed thread for anyone who didnt know:

https://www.facebook.com/qcoin

allows users to send BTC to their FB friends lists. Big appeal in the mass adoption trail imho! esp if they manage to get a FB 'buy button' integrated to buy BTC somehow...

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: