Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:56:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bidding Pond Concern  (Read 1243 times)
demonofelru (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 02:30:22 AM

Hello not sure if it's just me who has noticed but there seems to be a lot of expensive electronics up for bid at bidding pond from people who registered accounts that day I contacted a couple of them none seem to want to accept clear coin.  It seems most realize this is a bad idea since an iPod classic only sold for 10 BTC, just a reminder to be careful.  I have absolutely no proof of any wrong doing but just wanted to get this out there.

Names do not matter; however, if you insist...id...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pjwaffle

Activity: 539

BIB Exchange

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 02:33:40 AM

Hello not sure if it's just me who has noticed but there seems to be a lot of expensive electronics up for bid at bidding pond from people who registered accounts that day I contacted a couple of them none seem to want to accept clear coin.  It seems most realize this is a bad idea since an iPod classic only sold for 10 BTC, just a reminder to be careful.  I have absolutely no proof of any wrong doing but just wanted to get this out there.

Probably stolen, but whoever stole them probably knows how to ship them anonymously, or they would be caught before even learning what a bitcoin is.

███     WHITEPAPER  |    TELEGRAM    ███      BiB Exchange      ███     TWITTER     |   INSTAGRAM     ███
S e t   O f f   t h e   W e b 3   G e n e r a t i o n   N o w
Distribution

Activity: 711
Merit: 500

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 02:35:12 AM

You certainly have to watch Bidding Pond. I have bought and sold there, but in those few transactions I have come across non-payers and the like. On the other hand, if you see anything posted on there by a user named Distribution, you might want to pick his stuff up. High quality stuff and an awesome guy.
demonofelru (OP)

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 02:38:10 AM

Probably stolen, but whoever stole them probably knows how to ship them anonymously, or they would be caught before even learning what a bitcoin is.

I wasn't thinking stolen I was thinking you would pay and they would never ship and never use account again remember bitcoin isn't reversible.  That's why they won't accept clearcoin if it was stolen goods I don't see why they wouldn't allow clearcoin since you would recieve the iPod or whatever.

Names do not matter; however, if you insist...id...
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2011, 02:40:13 AM

Damn, I bought one. Paid a lot more than 10BTC (just saw ipod not ipad). Hope I get it.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2011, 02:40:42 AM

I am 2/3 on biddingpond.com

I had bought two items smoothly and had a great experience.  Then I bought from GIFTOMATIC and got screwed.  He took the BTC and ran.  No email responses to my inquiries about tracking/shipping.  

Garrett Burgwardt

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 02:41:30 AM

I would never buy without clearcoin, unless it was someone with a legitimate storefront that I trusted. But on an auction site? Never.
Distribution

Activity: 711
Merit: 500

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 02:43:26 AM

My non payer wouldn't cough up 2.29 because he thought it was "too low." And didn't realize that the 2 btc would come in as shipping (even though the auction clearly stated so).
semyazza

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 02:48:44 AM

Unfortunately with any auction site it is caveat emptor.  We suggest looking at a member's feedback before purchasing any items.  We will be offering an escrow service in the future and allow blocking of buyers with little/negative feedback to avoid non-payment situations.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: