Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 05:19:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Thing about price dropping of BTC that people dont get  (Read 3326 times)
kingscrown (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 04:52:56 AM

funny that whe ni say something good about BTC i get donations
yet when i give u REAL sell indicator nobody sends me even 1 satoshi Wink

inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:45:59 AM

over all there will be more hoarders of bitcoin than spenders so relax about the daily movements of bitcoin price. over the long term the price will rise. just at a more stable rate..

So you are making the same bear paradox argument.   BTCs get hoarded, this hinders it from being useful medium of exchange.

In an economy containing only bitcoin deflation _could_ be bad. But hoarding of gold or bitcoin simply leads to selling and spending as the price rises. Saying hoarders do not spend is a fallacy, they do, once price has risen. This is how coin distribution works!
davidgdg

Activity: 551
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 08:20:37 AM

For start - BTC is a currency not investment, but most people dont get it. Why its important?

The more BIG companies adobt BTC - they do it trought Bitpay Coinbase etc - that means - they SELL same moment they get coins.
Big companies taking BTC are not makign price raise, actually the bigger the company - the worse price will be.

This is why soon price of BTC will drop - more and more big companies are taking it now so soon indeed it will be a currency - but it will be nowhere near your expectations of 1k$ a coin or even curreny 600$.

Dont hate on me, shoot your opinions Wink

No. Increased adoption means (by definition) a higher BTC transaction volume and thus increased demand for BTC. This is true even if all merchants immediately convert their BTC to fiat. There will still be an increase in the price because a greater volume of consumers will have a demand to hold BTC at any one time.

"There is only one thing that is seriously morally wrong with the world, and that is politics. By 'politics' I mean all that, and only what, involves the State." Jan Lester "Escape from Leviathan"
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 10:07:31 AM

Wow we're back with this argument again.  Every time the price drops 5% we get these threads.  I guess for Bitcoin's price to rise we need to have nobody use it for merchant transactions and hence nobody will be dumping it for fiat - then it will shoot to the moon!  That's the ticket!  Roll Eyes
alexeft
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 10:09:58 AM

Wow we're back with this argument again.  Every time the price drops 5% we get these threads.  I guess for Bitcoin's price to rise we need to have nobody use it for merchant transactions and hence nobody will be dumping it for fiat - then it will shoot to the moon!  That's the ticket!  Roll Eyes

Cheesy Cheesy Totally agree!!!
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 10:23:18 AM

Dont hate on me, shoot your opinions Wink

We don't hate you because you don't have a clue.
Hint: Bitcoin isn't a currency...
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: