Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 02:03:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Elite coin another bittrex scam?  (Read 10543 times)
doch

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 03:55:15 AM

Guys it is unfair to blame Bittrex or any other exchange that adds a coin. The answer is sometimes right in front of you by applying good common sense and looking at the risk indicators. By looking at a few things you can make a call on the residual risk of a coin based on risk factors and then see how that fits into your risk appetite. You can then either stay away or risk it all and the alt-coin exchanges currently just provide a vehicle to cater for the whole of the spectrum of risk appetite.

In the absence of regulation in alt coins (self or otherwise) you can do certain basic things to protect yourself: Elite was high risk based on such an assessment, refer here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=702757.msg7974656#msg7974656

why it's unfair to blame Bittrex and the other shit exchanges? do you think it's fair to the investors? i don't think these exchanges will lead crypto currency to success, they just add coins for money and provide a large space for the damn scam dev.

Because Bittrex didn't hold a gun to your head and say "buy elite or else". The exchange isn't to blame for the bad decisions of its users.
joe.sixer

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 03:55:19 AM

I wonder why they chose to dump the premine now though. They really didnt make that much btc maybe a couple at the most?

Yeah, seems like they could have milked it good with some patience. Oh well, recovered some losses from Bittrex re-open. D-bags!
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:06:19 AM

In this cases bittrex could make public details of account of this bad traders I mean,  elite adress,btc,emails,  maybe community can found to scammers...
bit1
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:09:54 AM

sorry good devs Im not mining anymore to newbies devs.......    everybody must be same thing

my new rule will be: launched coin by newbie equal to scam..... not mining
MacHead2006

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:19:35 AM

^^ this will not help alot.
Look at Maia coin. Dev is not noob but coin was only dumped ... to 30 sat.
Prev his coin was Boost coin. Not a big success but some made money some loose.

Iceberg was made not by noob also. Those who bought IPO not happy now for sure.
bit1
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:27:58 AM
Last edit: July 26, 2014, 04:39:27 AM by bit1

^^  right but it avoid me a lot of scam coins,  and will have + rules to me, I dont will use exchanges I only will hold such as old times BTC until they offers security, perhaps I will have succesfull with a coins in a couple of years ......,

*No IPO,ICO, and all kind of things beginning with I and finishing with O.
bit1
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:32:00 AM

In meantime Elite have any chance of survive,  it need a new dev, bittrex: Coin seems to have a premine. All previous orders have been cancelled. Please trade at your own risk - we will let the market decide the fate of the coin., it do not have value now., community have source code.Maybe cut supply now.
Strugg
Legendary

Activity: 882

NAV Coin [NAV]

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:43:07 AM

It's pretty simple to me.
We are currently looking for the perfect altcoins exchange. Mintpal seemed to be the one, before it f&$#ed up with security.
Bittrex looks like the best option atm, but only becouse all the others are pretty shitty. If Bittrex wants to become the solid  (not just a seasonal) number 1 alt exchange - it have to be THE BEST. In every point.
And don't give me a shit like: "Bittrex didn't hold a gun to Yr head and said buy this shit, but that" - so it's not their fault. It doesn't matter if it's their fault or Yours.
Exchanges are services - they want to get a maximum volume due to maximum clients/users. THEY SERVE YOU. So they have to do everything to make their users happy. It also includes checking the coins, before adding them.
Simple.

NAV Coin [NAV] Community & PR Manager
Visit the Thread!
bit1
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:43:45 AM

some dev save to ELITE of scratch:  cut supply......
Strugg
Legendary

Activity: 882

NAV Coin [NAV]

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:45:35 AM

It's not the case. If it had hidden premine, then it's done. Game over.

NAV Coin [NAV] Community & PR Manager
Visit the Thread!
bit1
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:48:21 AM

It's not the case. If it had hidden premine, then it's done. Game over.

what about a new coin?  we could change our old coins to a new instead off mining it again for example Elite Evolved or Elite 2
HunterS

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:51:30 AM

It's pretty simple to me.
We are currently looking for the perfect altcoins exchange. Mintpal seemed to be the one, before it f&$#ed up with security.
Bittrex looks like the best option atm, but only becouse all the others are pretty shitty. If Bittrex wants to become the solid  (not just a seasonal) number 1 alt exchange - it have to be THE BEST. In every point.
And don't give me a shit like: "Bittrex didn't hold a gun to Yr head and said buy this shit, but that" - so it's not their fault. It doesn't matter if it's their fault or Yours.
Exchanges are services - they want to get a maximum volume due to maximum clients/users. THEY SERVE YOU. So they have to do everything to make their users happy. It also includes checking the coins, before adding them.
Simple.
+1
they are offering a customer service
losing money cause of a bad trade i can live with
losing money because of coins that are clear scams is not a traders fault
its bittrex responsibilty to ensure their customers are protected from this.
if takes extra time to go over codes before listing a coin that's what they need to do.
they are clearly driven by greed and have no care at all for their customers that make them income.
if this happened in the share market these guys would be in jail.

MacHead2006

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 05:04:41 AM

Its clear that with last big scam-wave Trex must start to think how to protect their users.

Analyse the code for hidden premine.
Big suspicois deposits must go to hold.
Not allow do withdraw big amount of BTC for new users.
Block scammer account. (Like BTC-E do sometimes).  and if its possible make some rollback.

Nowadays it`s more profitable to launch scam coins than to be honest. And no one want to change this. But if not do this - we lose more in long run. 
hash77away

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 05:07:38 AM

In this cases bittrex could make public details of account of this bad traders I mean,  elite adress,btc,emails,  maybe community can found to scammers...

To be fair, I don't think bittrex can release the email address

Get Daily Free SIGNs before too late. T6iaE1S1iYBynTmadBPMTwPyQLxZ76o3P7
bit1
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 05:18:28 AM

well anyway in OP is one........
bit1
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 05:22:57 AM

some calculations about how many to get dev?

4300*700000 sat   30  btc
Redtschorn

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 05:44:38 AM

Bittrex has always been susceptible to scams. Bittrex frequently adds new coins. What's different now is that the volume of trades that go through Bittrex has increased 10x in the last 4 months. Elitecoins would have never fostered enough interest to walk away with more than 1 or 2 BTC tops.
unlock.mk

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 06:46:57 AM

Bittrex knew about this from the beggining.
He is involved. And seems that it suits to him very well.
That's the way how this whole scam world works.

Do you want to buy Lunar crater ? i am selling it 1 btc each. Bigger ones cost 2 btc each.
There are only 5000 left.

Mainbrain

Activity: 194

BaiQi

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 06:54:16 AM

I have the source code if anyone wants it. I can upload it to sourceforge tomorrow because it's 4 a.m. and alcohol and 10 dexies are saying "bedtime"

Obviously the little devs  wiped their github

But will post tit if nobody else has.

can u upload it to github and post link here ,want to check the code seriously.thx.

Show me your Bitcoin address.
drippx

Activity: 539

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 07:02:22 AM

good news for poloniex.com? they test out codes before adding but scammers got upset at polo and fuded them, try polo
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: