Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 05:39:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Elite coin another bittrex scam?  (Read 10541 times)
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 02:51:08 PM

sorry good devs Im not mining anymore to newbies devs.......    everybody must be same thing

my new rule will be: launched coin by newbie equal to scam..... not mining

This rule help me today to avoid scam...... pls see this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=708717.0, is very easy detect scam now you only
see altcoincalendar........

it is happens again and again, I tell you newbies accounts are being used for same devs..... alert 
bit1
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 03:00:58 PM

this situation makes me cry.
i'm an ELC holder. I've bought some at 0.011
and what i see now? price @28k...and a lot of miners and holders who dump their ELC at 2k.
because of big mistake? How possible to mix two different coins?
and how much time we need to stabilize the exchange rate?

well, dont cry anymore, many peoples buy like  0.025, only hold your coins maybe it can be relaunched or something like that, I think that is better
wait to finish POW, to try of fix it in a new post with a new dev......
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 03:02:37 PM

Anyone got more information about the "hidden" features in the code ?

Looks quite interesting.. The Genesis Block alone had 20.000 Coins paid out to one address.. But this was NOT reflected in moneysupply..

Seems like someone had at least a little bit idea of what he's doing there.. a pity he scammed with it and did nothing FOR the community..

For me it looks almost like there was Double Spend check removed, so the dev could spent this coins several times, stacking them up..

More info would be cool as I'm currently only on my small laptop and cannot look in a decent way

What I can say for sure is:
Stop mining it, there are surely more flaws/features in the code.

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
cassius69

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 03:04:38 PM

Anyone got more information about the "hidden" features in the code ?

Looks quite interesting.. The Genesis Block alone had 20.000 Coins paid out to one address.. But this was NOT reflected in moneysupply..

Seems like someone had at least a little bit idea of what he's doing there.. a pity he scammed with it and did nothing FOR the community..

For me it looks almost like there was Double Spend check removed, so the dev could spent this coins several times, stacking them up..

More info would be cool as I'm currently only on my small laptop and cannot look in a decent way

What I can say for sure is:
Stop mining it, there are surely more flaws/features in the code.

yes, and please dont anyone but this with hard earned btc until the extent of the scam is determined.

bit1
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 03:05:10 PM

Look that everybody is losting money in exchanges,  coins lost his value quickly, in some cases values drop to 1 sat....  sell to his price is not good idea,  only keep your coins, it coins can be re-launched for good devs to long time   is the unique solution.........
unlock.mk

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 03:16:09 PM

aha yes

to mee looks like well organised crime:

bit1
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 03:19:16 PM

sorry good devs Im not mining anymore to newbies devs.......    everybody must be same thing

This rule help me today to avoid scam...... pls see this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=708717.0, is very easy detect scam now you only

it is happens again and again, I tell you newbies accounts are being used for same devs..... alert  

warning: Today Saturday in total will be launched 3 coins all are scam keep out, they are Fuse,Prisma and USB coin alert to everybody,,,,  they
will be launched by newbies account
,  dont buy it coins,  
cassius69

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 03:21:15 PM

warning: Today Saturday in total will be launched 3 coins all are scam keep out, they are Fuse,Prisma and USB coin alert to everybody,,,,  they
,  dont buy it coins,  

thanks for the warning friend. i will not buy!

mikelitoris

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 03:22:09 PM

add darkcash to the list of scam coins, not yet on everyones most hated exchange though. .

6561742061206469636b
Dimitry

Activity: 896
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 03:36:16 PM

Just make sure these threads bumping up

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=687852.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=711279.new#new
bit1
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 03:49:12 PM

,  dont buy it coins,  

thanks for the warning friend. i will not buy!

watch exchanges that will add its
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 04:17:07 PM

Important Thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=711535.0

EDIT: (dont know why the mods moved my thread and leave this one untouched... )

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
AbiusGMIU

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:23:35 PM

Don't know if bittrex is "in" on it exactly but they sure aren't doing due diligence for their CUSTOMERS. If they keep this up, they will be the next mintpal. That is if they don't go MtGox on us  Roll Eyes

Poloniex is the only exchange that checks source code it seems.
Rage19420

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:24:11 PM

What should happen is new coins should submit to a third party audit prior to launch. Perhaps by trusted members of the community, pool owners, etc. Then once they are given a seal of approval then people will decide if they want to mine/buy it. Wallet updates go thru the same review process.

If people stop mining coins that dont subject themselves to third party approval then scams should be reduced dramatically.

At least until scammers find a new way to scam.
cassius69

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:37:39 PM

What should happen is new coins should submit to a third party audit prior to launch. Perhaps by trusted members of the community, pool owners, etc. Then once they are given a seal of approval then people will decide if they want to mine/buy it. Wallet updates go thru the same review process.

If people stop mining coins that dont subject themselves to third party approval then scams should be reduced dramatically.

wait. now you have become reasonable and want a solution to scams.

quite a fast turnaround.

the pool owners arent going to shit anymore than the exchange is. they are fast buck artists too.

people will quit buying new coins and the problem is solved.

boycott new scamcoins!

Rage19420

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 06:16:39 PM

quite a fast turnaround.

the pool owners arent going to shit anymore than the exchange is. they are fast buck artists too.

boycott new scamcoins!

Yeah dude, its called taking ownership of your situation, not lay blame at the feet of someone else for your bad decisions.

Ultimately if the community refuses to contend with sketchy coins then they will go away.

Not rely on someone else to hold their hand and tell them that its going to be ok.
Rage19420

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 06:22:26 PM

Just remember that if we want a sole exchange to bear the burden of coin QA, then don't forget what POLO did to SUPER.

Dumb fucks inadvertently labeled it a scam after not understanding the code. Coin never recovered from that and POLO's reputation is in the shitter.

Again if we want to clean it up then the community needs to rally a few trusted third party(s) to review and give it a seal of approval.

But you can guarantee that someone will find a way around it.
jayguar

Activity: 616
Merit: 526

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 06:24:11 PM

I see there are quite a few threads opened for elitecoin scam. I would suggest to keep it to a single large thread instead of creating several threads and getting buried in the forum.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄█████████████▄
░░░█████████████████
░░████▄░░░█████▄████
███▀██░░░███████████
██████░░░████████████
███▄██░░░██████▀█████
████░░░░░███████████
█████▄░░░░██████▀░░███
██████░░░░░▀▀▀░░░▄███
░░██████░░██▄▄▄▄████
░░░██████▄▀█▀▄████
░░░░▀█████████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
UNNAMED.EXCHANGE░░░░▄██░░
░░░░██░░░
░░░▀██▀░░
░░░░██░░░

░░▄▄░░░▄▄░░
░░███████░░
▐██▄█▄██▌
██▄  ▀  ▄██
░░░▄▄░░▄██▄░░
░░▀███▄███▌░░
░░░░██████░░░
░░░░▄███▀░░░░
░░░░░▄██░░░
░░░▄████░░░
░░██▀▄██▌░░
░░░░▀██░░
Dimitry

Activity: 896
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 09:11:12 PM

quite a fast turnaround.

boycott new scamcoins!

Yeah dude, its called taking ownership of your situation, not lay blame at the feet of someone else for your bad decisions.

Ultimately if the community refuses to contend with sketchy coins then they will go away.

Not rely on someone else to hold their hand and tell them that its going to be ok.

Really? you know these smart words, take them to bittrex! In the long run this will cost bittrex alot!
Richie is absolute not happy with this situation! A hidden premine hits his exchange! Alot of new investors will skip bittrex, especially the new coins that make so much trade volume!

Bittrex is on its way back. They dont care about there costumers!

cassius69

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 09:17:46 PM

we cant trust bittrex to protect us from new coin scams.

dont buy this shit. take care of yourself. they are.

these scammers can make coins every day and never get caught.

its the easiest job career scammers have ever had.

bittrex is making it too easy for them to scam.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: