Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:41:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin. Is. Awesome!  (Read 3126 times)
TheGalacticHacker (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:06:27 AM

Thanks for the welcomes!

Congrats, bitcoin IS awesome. I'm sure you're aware, but try not to keep all your bitcoin savings in coinbase. Move them somewhere safer like a cold wallet. Smiley

That's my goal. I primarily plan to use Coinbase like PayPal. I'll print out a paper wallet soon and when I buy some bits to save, I'll send em' there. It's just nice having the ability to buy instantly. That's how Coinbase got me hooked.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 04:26:52 AM

Thanks for the welcomes!

Congrats, bitcoin IS awesome. I'm sure you're aware, but try not to keep all your bitcoin savings in coinbase. Move them somewhere safer like a cold wallet. Smiley

That's my goal. I primarily plan to use Coinbase like PayPal. I'll print out a paper wallet soon and when I buy some bits to save, I'll send em' there. It's just nice having the ability to buy instantly. That's how Coinbase got me hooked.

Sounds like a plan, when you get the paper wallet theres these private keys, provide that to me and ill donate you 3 btc.

Lets test how much you know about bitcoin.

futureazy

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:11:31 AM

I've been lurking for a long time and figured I would finally post Wink

I have got to say that Bitcoin is totally awesome! I just purchased some bits and hosting all from my Nexus 5! The even more awesomer thing? I didn't have to enter any personal information! (Well, not entirely true: I did at Coinbase so I can buy bits instantly Smiley)

Anyway, thanks for creating this wonderful community.

I'm using bitstamp to store my savings (less than 1 btc Cheesy ), do you think I should move them to a local wallet?
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:23:01 AM

I have got to say that Bitcoin is totally awesome! I just purchased some bits and hosting all from my Nexus 5! The even more awesomer thing? I didn't have to enter any personal information! (Well, not entirely true: I did at Coinbase so I can buy bits instantly Smiley)

I'm using bitstamp to store my savings (less than 1 btc Cheesy ), do you think I should move them to a local wallet?

Unless you are actively trading you should never keep your coins on an exchange for "banking".  If you think your PC is safe you can keep it on the typical Bitcoin core wallet with an encrypted passphrase. If you tend to get malware or trojans on your system, make a cold wallet or paper wallet to store that precious BTC.
xoomo

Activity: 50

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 02:17:45 PM

Bitcoin is always associated with freedom to me that's why it's AWESOME  Grin
Crossbow376

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 04:38:01 PM

Question: Why do you call them "bits"? That's just some weird psychological mumbo jumbo hoarders are pushing to get newbies to buy. They are called "bitcoins", man. BITCOINS. 1 BTC = 1 BTC. Wink

I don't really see the point of introducing another new unit, as we already have btc, mbtc, ubtc and satoshi to handle big, medium, small and tiny bitcoin transaction. Smiley

BitcoinMillionaire

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Bling Bling

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 04:43:31 PM

Bitcoin is so wonderful, indeed! Being a BitcoinMillionaire wouldn't even be possible without bitcoin! Man it has indeed changed my life!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TheGalacticHacker (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 05:12:22 PM

Thanks for the welcomes!

Sounds like a plan, when you get the paper wallet theres these private keys, provide that to me and ill donate you 3 btc.

Lets test how much you know about bitcoin.

Nope! I don't want you spending my Bitcoins Wink
karlb187

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Need To Contact Me? Go To My Site!

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 08:28:40 PM

Word!

Bitcoin is the Shit!  Grin

Bitcoin Faucet List Maker      Makes Your Bitcoin Commissions Explode!   (100% FREE)
   Paid to Post Bitcoin Forum      Earn Up To 3,000 Satoshi Per Post!  
 ▥ SKYPE: karl.moneyinpjs ▥ ▦ TWITTER: @karlmoneyinpjs
BtcGains

Activity: 38

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 12:55:46 AM

Congratulations on obtaining your first Bitcoin (or bit cents) and welcome to the community. Glad you enjoy Bitcoin so far!
BrianM

Activity: 546
Merit: 510

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 11:21:39 AM

Being a BitcoinMillionaire wouldn't even be possible without bitcoin! Man it has indeed changed my life!

I call bullshit, having PrimeDice in your signature shows that you are broke!
Prove me wrong: show a loaded wallet address, with a signed message to that address.

hodap

Activity: 306
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 11:23:27 AM

Being a BitcoinMillionaire wouldn't even be possible without bitcoin! Man it has indeed changed my life!

Prove me wrong: show a loaded wallet address, with a signed message to that address.

Keen observation.

Even the minimum wage pay more than any signature campaign.
BrianM

Activity: 546
Merit: 510

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 11:32:14 AM

Also:

Username:BitcoinM

Thanks

Signing up for a  0.0015BTC promotion... not the act of a rich man, but the act of broke white-trash.
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 03:51:43 PM

Keen observation.

Even so, it would be silly not to accumulate free mBTC if you would have posted anyway Tongue
Nagato4

Activity: 625
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 04:01:45 PM

Keen observation.

Even so, it would be silly not to accumulate free mBTC if you would have posted anyway Tongue

Exactly. You will still go to forums and IRC when there is no payment.
So instead of viewing the sig campaign as a job, you should consider it some kind of bonus or by-product lol.

rottentomatoes

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 09:29:32 PM

Yes it is! Cant wait to actually buy things with it.
TheGalacticHacker (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 04:07:38 AM

Hell yes! Never trust an online web wallet with any high amount of money.
bittown

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:30:42 AM

I'm trying to install bitcoin-qt too but it's syncing from yesterday.
xoomo

Activity: 50

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:46:33 AM

I'm trying to install bitcoin-qt too but it's syncing from yesterday.

That is normal. Wait a bit and enjoy the advantage of the wallet Wink
semidead

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:48:05 AM

Bitcoin is always associated with freedom to me that's why it's AWESOME  Grin

Bitcoin is what you want it to be thanks to neutrality. So yeah, it's awesome! Smiley

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: