Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:17:50 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin. Is. Awesome!  (Read 3129 times)
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:59:35 PM

I've been lurking for a long time and figured I would finally post Wink

I have got to say that Bitcoin is totally awesome! I just purchased some bits and hosting all from my Nexus 5! The even more awesomer thing? I didn't have to enter any personal information! (Well, not entirely true: I did at Coinbase so I can buy bits instantly Smiley)

Anyway, thanks for creating this wonderful community.

Congrats, bitcoin IS awesome. I'm sure you're aware, but try not to keep all your bitcoin savings in coinbase. Move them somewhere safer like a cold wallet. Smiley

I'm using bitstamp to store my savings (less than 1 btc Cheesy ), do you think I should move them to a local wallet?

Hell yes! Never trust an online web wallet with any high amount of money.

I'm trying to install bitcoin-qt too but it's syncing from yesterday.

That is normal. Wait a bit and enjoy the advantage of the wallet Wink

Light wallets are fine too, like Multibit which doesn't have to download the whole blockchain.
TheGalacticHacker (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 04:57:21 PM

I have got to say that Bitcoin is totally awesome! I just purchased some bits and hosting all from my Nexus 5! The even more awesomer thing? I didn't have to enter any personal information! (Well, not entirely true: I did at Coinbase so I can buy bits instantly Smiley)

Congrats, bitcoin IS awesome. I'm sure you're aware, but try not to keep all your bitcoin savings in coinbase. Move them somewhere safer like a cold wallet. Smiley

I'm using bitstamp to store my savings (less than 1 btc Cheesy ), do you think I should move them to a local wallet?

Light wallets are fine too, like Multibit which doesn't have to download the whole blockchain.

I love lite wallets too. They're "plug n' play". Just download and install it to a USB stick and you got an offline wallet.
ensurance982

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Trust me!

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 05:07:16 PM

Ha, yes, it IS awesome! Great thing you joined this great community! With bitcoin you really do have control over your money. You don't have to rely on someone else to do the transaction for you. You can send it to whomever you like.

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
moon21

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 06:41:09 PM

yes, the anonimity of bitcoin is just very awesome thing <3
Tammy Chan

Activity: 820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:15:49 PM

Well, you should have use the bootstrap torrent to download the blockchain at a faster rate.
But since it has been syncing for a day already, I guess it is almost done now...

zhinkk

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 01:38:09 PM

...except bitcoin isn't very anonymous at all. There are altcoins that are anonymous, though. The blockchain is a public ledger and there is information about each transaction.
DjPxH

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:10:08 PM

Welcome, Welcome! Yeah, Bitcoins are a great and awesome thing! It's amazing that it basically is real electronic cash. And no one transmits it for you, it is you who decides what to do with it.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Buziss

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 08:26:11 AM

...except bitcoin isn't very anonymous at all. There are altcoins that are anonymous, though. The blockchain is a public ledger and there is information about each transaction.

Well, all bitcoin transactions are public in the blockchain, but people won't be able to connect your bitcoin addresses with you. Smiley
And you can further improve it with mixers. Smiley

oceans

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 11:51:21 AM

Congratulations on your purchase Smiley have to agree with you as many have done bitcoin is awesome. I would definitely recommend moving your bitcoins to a cold wallet though for safer storage! Smiley
joshraban76

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 10:41:00 AM

Congrats on your first coin. Be prepared because this becomes addictive. You can also check out electrum especially if you have an offline computer. I have mine setup so that my online PC is a watch only wallet. If I want to send btc then i must generate the tx on my offline pc and place the signed tx on a usb and then execute it on my watch only client.

This process keeps my coin very secure and lowers your chances of coin being stolen to near zero.

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
/   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 11:49:15 AM

Bitcoin is really awesome.
BunsenBurner

Activity: 653

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 03:24:35 PM

I love lite wallets too. They're "plug n' play". Just download and install it to a USB stick and you got an offline wallet.

Yup, they are easy to use as you don't need to download the 20+ GB full blockchain data.
BTW, I prefer Electrum over Multibit as it is deterministic.

BrianM

Activity: 546
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 11:19:24 AM

Yup, they are easy to use as you don't need to download the 20+ GB full blockchain data.
BTW, I prefer Electrum over Multibit as it is deterministic.

+1

Building that pyramid, like the ancient Egyptians!
SwingBTC

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:19:02 PM

Im learning about BTC too and is nice but i have 0.0  Cry Cry
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:26:16 PM

Is there no Bitcoin ATM where you live in?
schutzhund

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 02:29:02 PM

yes indeed this is awesome i'm learning too but my friend gifted me some to get started
zarton

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 02:40:22 PM

Im learning about BTC too and is nice but i have 0.0  Cry Cry

For start, if you have zero bitcoins, you can visit some faucets and cumulating altcoins, when you are ready, visit an exchange and sell & buy & sell some coins, finally send the microbitcoins to your synchronized wallet. It's a nice start  Wink

truehold3r

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 03:19:47 PM

For start, if you have zero bitcoins, you can visit some faucets and cumulating altcoins, when you are ready, visit an exchange and sell & buy & sell some coins, finally send the microbitcoins to your synchronized wallet. It's a nice start  Wink

I've tried with faucets but couldnt earn anything, only few satoshis worth nothing.

♬-♬-♬-♬ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ Earn up to 0.05 btc/week by posting in the LTB forum!!! ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ♬-♬-♬-♬ --------->
<--------- LTB coin now traded on Poloniex!!!
gondel
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 03:45:32 PM

I've tried with faucets but couldnt earn anything, only few satoshis worth nothing.
Hi,
dont waste your time on Bitcoin faucets, but try some signature campaign or some alt coin which is only giving you money for signing, not for mining Smiley
I managed to earn some nice cash with LAT ...Stellar is also looking very profitable Smiley
BR
Gondel
Peter882

Activity: 543

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 03:52:14 PM

You can earn bitcoin by selling goods and services, or earn from signature campaign (you can do it already at newbie rank).

Or, you can buy a small amount of bitcoin via localbitcoins or bitcoin ATM.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: