Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:09:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pandapool Info  (Read 1336 times)
jox (OP)

Activity: 681
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 05:43:11 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2014, 05:41:09 AM by jox

I just finished another tool for me, but I want to share. With this tool you can check your live data for workers on multi.pandapool.info  Reload time for live data is 60sec.  download link is here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aor5fysx67nc60r/PPWIL.zip

any feedback is appreciated.

source: https://github.com/m2gh/PandaPoolWorkerInfoLive
edit:
requirements: .NET Framework 4

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ozzke

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 06:31:55 AM

Hmm, thanks for that but why does it give a positive when I scanned it?

https://www.virustotal.com/nl/file/4cc0b23f457e79a25101b51d105620a0dbf449101a0eaabee79d3722e0a6c79c/analysis/1406356033/

jox (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 07:02:44 AM

probably one false alarm from 53 total virus application? If is there real virus or trojan, must be showed on more virus engines.
phzi

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 10:18:55 AM

probably one false alarm from 53 total virus application? If is there real virus or trojan, must be showed on more virus engines.
What a bullshit excuse.  Not that the anti-virus above is worth anything in the first place.

Source please.  Otherwise, this probably is malware.
rghmodz

Activity: 625

A Decentralised Hedge Fund

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 12:18:38 PM

1 out of 53 does look like a false positive.... But why obfuscate it? You shouldn't have to hide anything? Also why does it create a file? What is the file for?

jox (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 05:00:16 PM

1 out of 53 does look like a false positive.... But why obfuscate it? You shouldn't have to hide anything? Also why does it create a file? What is the file for?

Can you complete this issue? Which file, can you give me some report? File name, path. Maybe it's some .NET assembly. I cant react, because i have  lack of information.
rghmodz

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 12:38:10 PM

Can you complete this issue? Which file, can you give me some report? File name, path. Maybe it's some .NET assembly. I cant react, because i have  lack of information.
I don't know. It is obfuscated. Shouldn't you know which files it creates since you made it? Lack of information about YOUR tool? Since YOU made it YOU should know what files it creates. Also why didn't you answer my question about it being obfuscated? Hmm not suspicious at all.

jox (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:37:13 PM

Can you complete this issue? Which file, can you give me some report? File name, path. Maybe it's some .NET assembly. I cant react, because i have  lack of information.
I don't know. It is obfuscated. Shouldn't you know which files it creates since you made it? Lack of information about YOUR tool? Since YOU made it YOU should know what files it creates. Also why didn't you answer my question about it being obfuscated? Hmm not suspicious at all.

You do not know, becouse you never run this program? So you doing FUD there or what?

I have a lack of information from you, because you're saying that the program has created some files. I made ​​this program, and I know there is no code to make or read file, its depends on .NET framework, if you know what I mean with that.

I dont understand what you mean with that 'obfuscatet', in what context do you mean this?

I created this application in the context of learning how to deserialize JSON data. Not forcing anybody uses this application and frankly I do not care if someone uses it or not. There is no malicious code, but I know how everyone thinks the opposite.

rghmodz

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 05:21:24 PM

Can you complete this issue? Which file, can you give me some report? File name, path. Maybe it's some .NET assembly. I cant react, because i have  lack of information.

You do not know, becouse you never run this program? So you doing FUD there or what?

I have a lack of information from you, because you're saying that the program has created some files. I made ​​this program, and I know there is no code to make or read file, its depends on .NET framework, if you know what I mean with that.

I dont understand what you mean with that 'obfuscatet', in what context do you mean this?

I created this application in the context of learning how to deserialize JSON data. Not forcing anybody uses this application and frankly I do not care if someone uses it or not. There is no malicious code, but I know how everyone thinks the opposite.

Well let me just point out a few small things that are wrong.
1. "its depends on .NET framework, if you know what I mean with that. " I have been using C# for over 3 years. I know what the .NET Framework is.

2. "I dont understand what you mean with that 'obfuscatet', in what context do you mean this?"
obfuscated* If you do not know what obfuscated is then how is the .exe obfuscated?
"Obfuscate - render obscure, unclear, or unintelligible."
Also you only obfuscate something if you need to hide something. And since you used the Newtonsoft.Json library then everything in this program you are trying to hide and protect is already online. Anyone can just google search "newtonsoft.json deserialize example" and get the exact same code.

3. Why would you use the xmlhelper class if it doesn't need to use xml files?

4. "and frankly I do not care if someone uses it or not" Well you obviously do if you posted it to be used.

5. "There is no malicious code, but I know how everyone thinks the opposite." Well because there is positive results in virus scan and it is obfuscated.

phzi

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 05:42:19 PM

I would just like to know, why not release the source code?  You never answered that - what's your reasoning?

If you posted this to share... then share the source?
jox (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 08:38:57 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2014, 08:55:09 PM by jox

1. "its depends on .NET framework, if you know what I mean with that. " I have been using C# for over 3 years. I know what the .NET Framework is.

2. "I dont understand what you mean with that 'obfuscatet', in what context do you mean this?"
obfuscated* If you do not know what obfuscated is then how is the .exe obfuscated?
Also you only obfuscate something if you need to hide something. And since you used the Newtonsoft.Json library then everything in this program you are trying to hide and protect is already online. Anyone can just google search "newtonsoft.json deserialize example" and get the exact same code.

4. "and frankly I do not care if someone uses it or not" Well you obviously do if you posted it to be used.

5. "There is no malicious code, but I know how everyone thinks the opposite." Well because there is positive results in virus scan and it is obfuscated.

1. So, then make some application for pandacomunity, like this utility do. Your turn, just use google search with "newtonsoft.json deserialize example" with you experience you must make copy of my tool in c# within 24hours. Then just post it and my tool will be obsolete.

2. I know what 'obfuscate' mean. But still missing context. With your logic all programs with closed source is obfuscated.

3. I dont' know, maybe is used by newtonsoft.json when calling deserialize.  But where you see this?

4. And again your logic, for exaplme, Google, Yahoo, Bing and more companies give you opurtunity to use ther search engines, they not force you to use their services .

5. Cheesy really, so all wallets is full of wiruses, trojans ond so on. And many other application too... Please be carefull and use all programs at your own risk!!!

I would just like to know, why not release the source code?  You never answered that - what's your reasoning?

If you posted this to share... then share the source?

Thanks god one normal reply Cheesy not like that FBI, KGB, CIA post above Cheesy
yeah, why is there no source? It is simple, someone making open source and someone not. But this is so simple app there is no reason make it closed. I never publish source before, but I publish some small utility long time ago. I'am not good programmer, I just making small utility. I'll try publish this code on GIT. But i have no experiences with GIT so give me some time. Maybe someone help me make this application better Wink

rghmodz

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 09:02:55 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2014, 09:47:45 PM by rghmodz

1. So, then make some application for pandacomunity, like this utility do. Your turn, just use google search with "newtonsoft.json deserialize example" with you experience you must make copy of my tool in c# within 24hours. Then just post it and my tool will be obsolete.

2. I know what 'obfuscate' mean. But still missing context. With your logic all programs with closed source is obfuscated.

3. I dont' know, maybe is used by newtonsoft.json when calling deserialize.  But where you see this?

4. And again your logic, for exaplme, Google, Yahoo, Bing and more companies give you opurtunity to use ther search engines, they not force you to use their services .

5. Cheesy really, so all wallets is full of wiruses, trojans ond so on. And many other application too... Please be carefull and use all programs at your own risk!!!

You think you are good at lying? Well your not. Most people who programmed in any .NET framework language know what obfuscation is.
1. I already did  Cheesy  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=568529.msg8055362#msg8055362 and it took me less than 30 minutes to do.
2. Don't play dumb.
3. Never mind. The xml code is used by vb and not used directly from your code.
4. I never said anyone forced anyone to use it.
5.  "really, so all wallets is full of wiruses, trojans ond so on. And many other application too" Yes. I have seen several coins that have malware in wallet to steal your btc, ltc, and other crypto currency wallets.
6. "Please be carefull and use all programs at your own risk!!!" actually yes. If people just downloaded anything they saw then they would have so many viruses. Only download something that is by a reputable person/source

phzi

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 10:37:16 PM

Source code release instructions:
1. Copy project folder to zip file.
2. Upload zip file

Also, .NET projects require some extra steps to obfuscate the EXE, last time I checked.
jox (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 11:11:38 PM

You think you are good at lying? Well your not. Most people who programmed in any .NET framework language know what obfuscation is.
1. I already did  Cheesy  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=568529.msg8055362#msg8055362 and it took me less than 30 minutes to do.
2. Don't play dumb.
5.  "really, so all wallets is full of wiruses, trojans ond so on. And many other application too" Yes. I have seen several coins that have malware in wallet to steal your btc, ltc, and other crypto currency wallets.
6. "Please be carefull and use all programs at your own risk!!!" actually yes. If people just downloaded anything they saw then they would have so many viruses. Only download something that is by a reputable person/source

You are right. I'am not good in lying, becouse I don't lying. I  don't know what obfuscation is, just I googled it on wiki. Cheesy
For me .NET platform is new. Last time when I programming in bigger scale was about 15 years ago in Visual Basic 4-6.
This is my 4th tool which I made with .NET platform.

1. Nice, good for comunity.
2. I don't play
3. xml parser is not used in my code.
5 yes, but all wallets are marked as viruse and trojan.
6. I agree

Source is on OP

jox (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 11:12:45 PM

Source code release instructions:
1. Copy project folder to zip file.
2. Upload zip file

Also, .NET projects require some extra steps to obfuscate the EXE, last time I checked.

Source on OP. Still I don't know what is that obfuscate is.
rghmodz

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 11:37:48 PM

2. Don't play dumb.

You are right. I'am not good in lying, becouse I don't lying. I  don't know what obfuscation is, just I googled it on wiki. Cheesy
For me .NET platform is new. Last time when I programming in bigger scale was about 15 years ago in Visual Basic 4-6.
This is my 4th tool which I made with .NET platform.

1. Nice, good for comunity.
2. I don't play
3. xml parser is not used in my code.
5 yes, but all wallets are marked as viruse and trojan.
6. I agree

Source is on OP

Good you released source. The exact xml thing was xmlhelper class but it is not directly used by you. I had to look it up to see that. Sorry for before. You can never be too safe with downloading stuff.
But did you install a plugin for visual studio for obfuscation? It has anti decompilation to stop people from decompiling it to get source code. Anti decompilation is used with obfuscation to hide stuff in it.

jox (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 11:50:46 PM

Good you released source. The exact xml thing was xmlhelper class but it is not directly used by you. I had to look it up to see that. Sorry for before. You can never be too safe with downloading stuff.
But did you install a plugin for visual studio for obfuscation? It has anti decompilation to stop people from decompiling it to get source code. Anti decompilation is used with obfuscation to hide stuff in it.

No plugin for obfuscation, only VS with service pack. I'am glad, that I can do wrote  something simple in this .NET monster. Everything is changed, I feel like I'am from stone age with my 15 years old skills used last in old visual basic 4-6.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: