Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:36:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2014 Malla Autumn Retreat, Estonia (Sept 23-28)  (Read 8465 times)
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 07:54:21 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2014, 04:22:27 PM by rpietila

Important: the event is shortened to 6 days (from previous 10).

BOOKINGS ARE NOW ACCEPTED VIA PM TO ME.

I have a great privilege to invite you all to Malla Autumn Retreat, the premier opportunity to experience The Bitcoin Castle and the beautiful Estonian ruska-zeit.

The event length is 6 days to make it easier for you to arrange flights and stuff. You only pay per night, so feel free to join us for any time you wish, to taste the "perpetual conference" atmosphere that is breaking forth in the place! This is the unique opportunity to combine leisure with intrigue, business with indulgence, and spice it up with travels to St. Petersburg, Helsinki, Tallinn, and rural Estonia.

The Bitcoin Castle is developing. We have recently constructed 4 new hotel rooms in the outbuildings and set up a kitchen and breakfast/dinner hall in the Manor + the new Cigar cabinet.

Until this September event, we will have claimed 400 square meters from the main building, with a renovated entrance and front double staircase, furnished lobby, restaurant with a kitchen, cloakroom and cigar room, curtains, panelling, heating and a toilet. It may sound humble but they are very needed improvements, what everybody who's actually been there can readily confirm.

Our regular capacity is 20 guests at a time. In addition many of the staff are participating the conference and overflow rooms can be arranged.

Feelings from the midsummer summit in Twitter 1.
Feelings from the midsummer summit in Twitter 2
Feelings from the midsummer summit in Twitter 3

We have two room classes, Premium and Standard. Premium rooms (Romantic Double and Business Twin) are in a separate stone-built house and totally rebuilt in June 2014. Romantic Doubles have a king-size bed, tiled floors throughout, massive wood furniture, in-room jacuzzi, and separate bathroom. Business Twins have 2*90cm bed, parquet flooring and a nice tiled bath. Premium Rooms also have privileged service in our concierge etc.

Standard Double/Twin rooms are in the upstairs of the wooden house. They are not large, but will undergo a renovation that completes just before this event. Shared bath is in the same floor.

"Bed only" room class is in our Dormitory, which is mostly suitable for short-term stay. Shared bath, jacuzzi and sauna right next to the room.

Pricing is dynamic according to the demand. Currently we offer very low prices to get the reservations going, and later on the capacity will be allocated to the highest bidder. Note that reservations are to be paid instantly, and are non-refundable. All prices are shown below in BTC.

Room TypeTue 23Wed 24Thu 25Fri 26Sat 27Sun 28
Premium Romantic Double 25sqm0.420.420.420.70.70.56
Premium Business Twin 20sqm0.30.30.30.50.50.4
Standard Double/Twin 15sqm0.20.20.20.350.350.26
Bed in Dorm0.110.110.110.180.180.14

Our acclaimed Breakfast includes sparkling wine, and is priced at 0.04. Dinner (3 courses) is 0.06, except if a Grand Dinner is organized, then it is 0.1. They are added automatically to your prepayable amount for your stay. During the Summer Retreat we enjoyed a 14-course Grand Dinner with wines, to celebrate the engagement of Roni Blomberg and Rong Wang. The event lasted for 6 hours.

Lunch is voluntary from the café or local eateries (0.006-0.03). All drinks are billed. The wine cellar has about 40 different wines for all tastes and budgets, ranging from 0.04 to BTC1 and over. The cigar list has 20 cigars ranging from 0.006 to 0.16.

As has been the custom in the previous Malla events, the event itself is free-of-charge, so there is no area fee or conference fee. This is meant to encourage local attendance.

For booking, PM/contact me and supply your:
- name
- number of people
- room type
- for which nights you are reserving
- time of arrival and departure from Malla, or time for pick-up in Tallinn (where?) and return, if known. Taxi one-way to Tallinn is 0.1 through our shared booking (up to 0.3 from the street and they don't accept bitcoins)
- contact phone number (for taxi driver)
- preferred contact info for contact prior to the event (PM, email, ..)
- special dietary needs
- other wishes.

Be ready to pay your reservation in BTC immediately after confirmation.

We have a webpage also but that is not yet ready and may need to be revamped even before launch... Wink

The following guests have given permission to disclose their attendance:
rpietila
Frank J. with family (3)

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 08:08:29 AM

We have another event even before this one: The Summer Retreat in Aug 8-18.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 10:16:10 AM

If that Gia girl is going I am straight there  Grin

In all seriousness, I think this probably more valuable to go to than conferences that have extortionate ticket prices.  Hopefully I can go to Autumn one.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:19:35 AM

I have updated the room offering, so that there are less confusing choices. Now the rooms are in a simple descending order of comfort.

bitcodo

Activity: 509
Merit: 500

Can't upload avatar

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 12:18:54 PM

I don't want to sound rude, but this looks like shithole. Is it safe to stay at The Bitcoin Castle?

Any new pictures?

And if it is no secret, what will renovation cost be? More than property itself I guess. And how high are the running costs?

bitcodo

Can't upload avatar

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 06:50:56 PM

If it did not appear to your mind, we clear the previous owners' shit from the areas we employ, first  Cheesy Internet is good , there you can find pictures that are even 10 or 100 years old, not indicative of the present condition.

And render from your first post does show present condition?

This is why I ask if there are any new pictures.

And it doesn't see to be safe in the castle (main building). If I understand rooms are in other buildings. Just ''dining room'' (first and third picture - from this summer) is in the castle. How did you get operating permit for building in that condition? I hope kitchen is in better condition.

Yes, renovation is an order of magnitude more expensive than buying the place. Bitcoin grows about an order of magnitude per year, so the renovation will commence about 1 year from original buy, about March, 2015.

Thank you for giving me an opportunity to tell everybody how much I spend per month. As for the Bitcoin Castle, it's about $25,000 per month, not including projects.

Everybody who decides to join our Autumn retreat, can therefore feel the warm feeling that his stay is not actually worth the $300 per day he pays, but much more  Grin

Thank you for your answer. So 10 20 millions for renovation. Does $25,000 per month for operation cost include heating?
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 08:52:53 PM

Sorry I was sarcastic in my answer. I know the place is so marvellous. I want only the real deal coming there, the people who actually want it. But it does not mean I have the right to be nasty to you just because you want to publish old pictures from the rooms that are not in use, and question me about things I don't feel are important. So sorry.

Btw. as for the tickets, they are now as cheap as they get!  Grin

bitcodo

Can't upload avatar

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 08:57:21 PM

I don't know why, but you seem a bit upset.

I'm not searching for pictures. Concrete dining room without finished walls and floors with beautiful view of old ruins are from your first post - feelings from...twitter. Others from a link (posted by someone else) from your older topic. From you I can just see render.

I'm just amazed you can serve people in a dining room that looks like this. And that you got operating permit in the first place.

Again, this is why I was asking if there are any newer pictures. Just say there are no new pictures. Not a problem for me.

Even though I would love to hear detail about operating cost, I don't want to upset you even more, so I will just leave this topic alone.

EDIT: You changed your last post, but because I already wrote my reply, I did publish it.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 09:09:38 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2014, 07:51:07 AM by rpietila

I've spent too long in Poloniex trollbox. There chat is easy because people want to be funny. I just did not feel any connection to you, tried to be funny, but appeared upset instead. Life goes on.

I did not even remember that we actually have a collection of photos from the recent Summer Retreat.

mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 12:28:47 PM

for known reasons I wouldn't visit this place ever, but I am interested about knowing if you do have a permit for what you are doing ? or where can I check that information online ? otherwise both you and your visitors are in deep shit if someone reports you.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:02:05 PM

This is the only non-selfmoderated thread I have (accidentally) started, for this reason the troll above can post into it and not any of the other threads.

He is banned from my castle. Why he is threatening me and my guests is beyond me. Perhaps he needs a permit for living in his place and is trying to be helpful  Huh

mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:17:36 PM

This is the only non-selfmoderated thread I have (accidentally) started, for this reason the troll above can post into it and not any of the other threads.

He is banned from my castle. Why he is threatening me and my guests is beyond me. Perhaps he needs a permit for living in his place and is trying to be helpful  Huh

your self moderated threads are usually meant to hide the voice of reason or anything goes against your will/plan, so this is my heaven, you didn't answer my question, do you have a permit ? can you post a link where can we check that information if it exist ? otherwise I might report you my self.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 03:51:17 PM

Go away, pathetic attentionwhore troll. I'm not wasting a single more word on you.

mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 03:55:37 PM

Go away, pathetic attentionwhore troll. I'm not wasting a single more word on you.

well, look at that quality, I will make sure to search this matter and have you reported if I find anything about any malicious activity, like it is not enough to pump worthless alts and to make fake and delusional promises...
Vanderi

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:09:45 PM

well, look at that quality, I will make sure to search this matter and have you reported if I find anything about any malicious activity, like it is not enough to pump worthless alts and to make fake and delusional promises...

Funny how there has been several of the happenings already and no exclamations about "delusions". From what I've read, people have been happy and thankful for the Supernode events.

Listen buddy, I will only write this one post, but you are somehow sick. Stalking and hating systematically isn't normal procedure for people. You might not feel like it, but it would be most beneficiary for you to search for professional help. It might change things alot for you. A simple pill a day might be enough. Srsly.

Now let Risto please do his thang and you can do yours.
mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:25:56 PM

Funny how there has been several of the happenings already and no exclamations about "delusions". From what I've read, people have been happy and thankful for the Supernode events.

Listen buddy, I will only write this one post, but you are somehow sick. Stalking and hating systematically isn't normal procedure for people. You might not feel like it, but it would be most beneficiary for you to search for professional help. It might change things alot for you. A simple pill a day might be enough. Srsly.

Now let Risto please do his thang and you can do yours.

buddy, thank you for the advice, I really appreciate it Wink BTW, and I am not giving this thread any free bumps.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 01:25:38 PM

Autumn retreat starts in a bit more than one week now. Anticipating it! Among other things, we'll speak about the Monero Economy Workgroup.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
Sword Smith

Activity: 406
Merit: 286

Neptune, Scalable Privacy

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 01:04:57 PM

I look forward to participate at this event which will be my 2nd supernode event with Risto at his place in Malla. The 1st event was magnificent Smiley

prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 02:52:04 AM

I cannot attend this one as I need to spend time thinking over new project but perhaps there will be a winter gathering? If so do you have any idea on the week?
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 09:34:28 AM

David is moving over and will take care of the house, so we may be moving to the perpetual gathering model now.

Previously it was announced that this will be renovated to be a 5-star hotel. Well due to the following factors:

- My capital is more expensive cause Bitcoin is seriously down and I promised not to sell below $3,000;
- The primary target group (people owning so many Bitcoin that they are self-sufficient due to that alone) has shrunk so small due to rate decline;
- More Monero people, who are generally middle-class, getting interested in this but not of the fancy rooms,

the hotel plans have been downgraded to a more approachable level.

For now  Grin

(I really need that cigar-smoking emoticon, where can it be found...?)

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: