Bitcoin Forum
July 18, 2024, 11:33:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sent 0.02 BTC to Ripple  (Read 947 times)
ipoomyself (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:04:50 PM

I MADE A MISTAKE...

i sent BTC to ripple address wot happens now did I lose it or will it get sent back?HuhHuh?

PS: I will never use ripple ever again if u havent already try it its a good timewaster
turvarya

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:12:45 PM

I MADE A MISTAKE...

i sent BTC to ripple address wot happens now did I lose it or will it get sent back?HuhHuh?

PS: I will never use ripple ever again if u havent already try it its a good timewaster
I think, that doesn't work, since the Ripple-Adresses look different from BTC-Adresses.
So, it should get cancelled after a while.
But I am not sure about it.

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:36:51 PM

It is impossible to send BTC to a ripple address.
What client are you using? Supposed txid?
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:39:18 PM

yep, it's impossible.
wait 48h to bitcoin network invalide the transaction ...  Cool but, normally, you can't even send the transaction !
(i have mistapped many wrong bitcoin adress and never i can send transaction to this wrong adress, the bitcoin core refuse).
Casheer

Activity: 16

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 04:39:54 PM

I MADE A MISTAKE...

That shouldn't be possible from a Bitcoin client.  If you sent to the BTC address within your Ripple wallet, then the BTC is there and can be sent anywhere you choose.  (i.e. back to your Bitcoin wallet.)
ipoomyself (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 05:09:13 PM

no i sent the BTC to a ripple address within my bitstamp account it hath not registered any funds yet.  i wanted to get my btc out of ripple becouaaa use its a nightmare to use

I sendeth the BTC out of ripple wallet to my bitstamp ripple address by mistake it shouldve been BTC address so wot now my coins are stuck in the spectral realm?Huh
bubble83

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 05:14:45 PM

Your bitcoin should have arrived at the address you sent it to after a possible delay. If it still hasn't arrived try contacting both ripple and bitstamp support.
profitofthegods

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 05:18:32 PM

no i sent the BTC to a ripple address within my bitstamp account it hath not registered any funds yet.  i wanted to get my btc out of ripple becouaaa use its a nightmare to use

I sendeth the BTC out of ripple wallet to my bitstamp ripple address by mistake it shouldve been BTC address so wot now my coins are stuck in the spectral realm?Huh

If you sent Bitstamp.BTC (Bitcoin held in your Ripple wallet) to the address Bitstamp gives you for deposits then you have done nothing wrong (you can also send from your ripple wallet to a Bitcoin address so either way would have worked). I've had trouble with Bitstamp deposits from Ripple taking a long time myself: if you contact their support they will sort it out for you. To make this even quicker you may like to click the transaction in your Ripple wallet and then click 'show in graph' and copy and paste that url in your Bitstamp support ticket.

This is not an issue with Ripple itself, it is Bitstamp's issue, and as I said they alway do credit your account in the end.

ipoomyself (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 03:09:07 PM

ok well i will never use ripple just bitcoin from now on its easier for me am not a geek programor
profitofthegods

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 03:17:34 PM

ok well i will never use ripple just bitcoin from now on its easier for me am not a geek programor
This is not an issue with Ripple itself, it is Bitstamp's issue

I'm not a programmer either.

You just panicked because Bitstamp (a business which is completely independent of Ripple itself) was being very slow to process your deposit. Ripple is not perfect by a long shot, but you are blaming it unfairly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: