Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:50:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ten Truths About the American Police State  (Read 735 times)
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 06:12:52 PM

“The most dangerous man, to any government, is the man who is able to think things out for himself…Almost inevitably, he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, and intolerable.”
-H.L. Mencken, American journalist

It’s vogue, trendy and appropriate to look to dystopian literature as a harbinger of what we’re experiencing at the hands of the government. Certainly, George Orwell’s 1984 and Animal Farm have much to say about government tyranny, corruption, and control, as does Aldous Huxley’s Brave New World and Philip K. Dick’s Minority Report. Yet there are also older, simpler, more timeless stories—folk tales and fairy tales—that speak just as powerfully to the follies and foibles in our nature as citizens and rulers alike that give rise to tyrants and dictatorships.

One such tale, Hans Christian Andersen’s fable of the Emperor’s New Clothes, is a perfect paradigm of life today in the fiefdom that is the American police state, only instead of an imperial president spending money wantonly on lavish vacations, entertainment, and questionable government programs aimed at amassing greater power, Andersen presents us with a vain and thoughtless emperor, concerned only with satisfying his own needs at the expense of his people, even when it means taxing them unmercifully, bankrupting his kingdom, and harshly punishing his people for daring to challenge his edicts.

For those unfamiliar with the tale, the Emperor, a vain peacock of a man, is conned into buying a prohibitively expensive suit of clothes that is supposedly visible only to those who are smart, competent and well-suited to their positions. Surrounded by yes men, professional flatterers and career politicians who fawn, simper and genuflect, the Emperor—arrogant, pompous and oblivious to his nudity—prances through the town in his new suit of clothes until a child dares to voice what everyone else has been thinking but too afraid to say lest they be thought stupid or incompetent: “He isn’t wearing anything at all!”

Much like the people of the Emperor’s kingdom, we, too, have been conned into believing that if we say what we fear, if we dare to suggest that something is indeed “rotten in the state of Denmark,” we will be branded idiots and fools by the bureaucrats, corporate heads, governmental elites and media hotshots who have a vested interest in maintaining the status quo—or who at least are determined to maintain the façade that is the status quo. Yet the truth is staring us in the face just as surely as the fact that the Emperor was wearing no clothes.

Truth #1: The U.S. is on the brink of bankruptcy, as many economists have been warning for some time now, with more than $16 trillion in debts owned by foreign nationals and corporations. As one financial news site reports: “Internationally, the world is fed up with The Fed and the U.S. government’s unabashed debt growth. China, Russia, Iran, India and a host of other countries are establishing trade relationships that are bypassing the U.S. dollar altogether, a move that will soon see the world’s reserve currency lose purchasing power and status. In anticipation of this imminent collapse gold is being hoarded by private and public entities from Berlin to Beijing in an effort to preserve wealth before the Tsunami hits.”

Truth #2: We no longer have a government that is “of the people, for the people and by the people.” What we have now is a feudal monarchy, run by wealthy overlords and financed with the blood, sweat and labor of the underclasses who are kept in check by the increasingly militarized police. This sorry state of affairs is reinforced by a study which found that average citizens have “little or no independent influence” on the policy-making process. A similar study published by the Political Research Quarterly revealed that members of the U.S. Senate represent their wealthiest constituents while ignoring those on the bottom rung of the economic ladder.

Good read...http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/2014/07/20/ten-truths-american-police-state/
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 06:17:14 PM

Don't worry, your guns will save you.

hologram

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 06:21:26 PM

Prefer to be in a country near of bankrupt where only criminal on welfare have gun ?

pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 06:32:07 PM

Prefer to be in a country near of bankrupt where only criminal on welfare have gun ?

I do live in such place. Smiley

hologram

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 06:34:12 PM

And what protect you ? I'm pretty happy to live in a rural place and not in my capital cause i live in this type of country (Even if own legally a gun is far more simpler than people think it is, but we are not allowed to carry it).

pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 06:39:54 PM

And what protect you ? I'm pretty happy to live in a rural place and not in my capital cause i live in this type of country (Even if own legally a gun is far more simpler than people think it is, but we are not allowed to carry it).

I've never been in a situation where a gun would improve that situation.

hologram

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 06:42:38 PM

I have be a lot, where do you live ?

pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 06:44:19 PM

Portugal.

hologram

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 06:45:38 PM

France, seem in Spain they don't have real criminal too.

BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 06:50:41 PM

I'm also Portuguese and like my fellow country man here I'd never been to a situation a gun was either needed or that would improve any situation.

But I may notice that I'd never needed it not only here but everywhere I went, which includes France but some harsh places, like Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Algeria... too.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
hologram

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 06:54:14 PM

You don't have this type of guy ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Yov0usRHNs

BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 07:01:56 PM

You don't have this type of guy ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Yov0usRHNs

Some at Lisbon maybe, but a bit more softcore. Still that video is a ripoff from Predator, CSI and other movies. Never saw anything of such in Paris too, just too many Muslims at the east/south-east corners of the city or selling crap nearby Eiffel Tower.
That kind of high profile "gangsta" violent dickheads seams more a thing out of US or Mexico, not Europe.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 07:34:33 PM

“The most dangerous man, to any government, is the man who is able to think things out for himself…Almost inevitably, he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, and intolerable.”
-H.L. Mencken, American journalist

It’s vogue, trendy and appropriate to look to dystopian literature as a harbinger of what we’re experiencing at the hands of the government. Certainly, George Orwell’s 1984 and Animal Farm have much to say about government tyranny, corruption, and control, as does Aldous Huxley’s Brave New World and Philip K. Dick’s Minority Report. Yet there are also older, simpler, more timeless stories—folk tales and fairy tales—that speak just as powerfully to the follies and foibles in our nature as citizens and rulers alike that give rise to tyrants and dictatorships.

One such tale, Hans Christian Andersen’s fable of the Emperor’s New Clothes, is a perfect paradigm of life today in the fiefdom that is the American police state, only instead of an imperial president spending money wantonly on lavish vacations, entertainment, and questionable government programs aimed at amassing greater power, Andersen presents us with a vain and thoughtless emperor, concerned only with satisfying his own needs at the expense of his people, even when it means taxing them unmercifully, bankrupting his kingdom, and harshly punishing his people for daring to challenge his edicts.

For those unfamiliar with the tale, the Emperor, a vain peacock of a man, is conned into buying a prohibitively expensive suit of clothes that is supposedly visible only to those who are smart, competent and well-suited to their positions. Surrounded by yes men, professional flatterers and career politicians who fawn, simper and genuflect, the Emperor—arrogant, pompous and oblivious to his nudity—prances through the town in his new suit of clothes until a child dares to voice what everyone else has been thinking but too afraid to say lest they be thought stupid or incompetent: “He isn’t wearing anything at all!”

Much like the people of the Emperor’s kingdom, we, too, have been conned into believing that if we say what we fear, if we dare to suggest that something is indeed “rotten in the state of Denmark,” we will be branded idiots and fools by the bureaucrats, corporate heads, governmental elites and media hotshots who have a vested interest in maintaining the status quo—or who at least are determined to maintain the façade that is the status quo. Yet the truth is staring us in the face just as surely as the fact that the Emperor was wearing no clothes.

Truth #1: The U.S. is on the brink of bankruptcy, as many economists have been warning for some time now, with more than $16 trillion in debts owned by foreign nationals and corporations. As one financial news site reports: “Internationally, the world is fed up with The Fed and the U.S. government’s unabashed debt growth. China, Russia, Iran, India and a host of other countries are establishing trade relationships that are bypassing the U.S. dollar altogether, a move that will soon see the world’s reserve currency lose purchasing power and status. In anticipation of this imminent collapse gold is being hoarded by private and public entities from Berlin to Beijing in an effort to preserve wealth before the Tsunami hits.”

Truth #2: We no longer have a government that is “of the people, for the people and by the people.” What we have now is a feudal monarchy, run by wealthy overlords and financed with the blood, sweat and labor of the underclasses who are kept in check by the increasingly militarized police. This sorry state of affairs is reinforced by a study which found that average citizens have “little or no independent influence” on the policy-making process. A similar study published by the Political Research Quarterly revealed that members of the U.S. Senate represent their wealthiest constituents while ignoring those on the bottom rung of the economic ladder.

Good read...http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/2014/07/20/ten-truths-american-police-state/

I lived several years in the USa and didn't have feeling that I live in police state.
In fact, I lived 20 years in very strict communist regime and was very happy to finally experience freedom and democracy.
I think that you should be happy that you live in the country where you can vote every 4 years and choose your political representatives and even critics them publicly.
In many countries you can't do this freely and if you express different political opinion you risk to go to the prison or worst.
So, USA are maybe not ideal country yet, but please believe they are still much better than many other countries.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
hologram

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 07:42:17 PM

Some at Lisbon maybe, but a bit more softcore. Still that video is a ripoff from Predator, CSI and other movies. Never saw anything of such in Paris too, just too many Muslims at the east/south-east corners of the city or selling crap nearby Eiffel Tower.
That kind of high profile "gangsta" violent dickheads seams more a thing out of US or Mexico, not Europe.

There is few hardcore gangsta but a lot of very violent Muslim between 15 and 20 who take example of them...

pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 08:19:30 PM

Well, there's bad people everywhere and I can't say that the idea of having a one or two guns in the house doesn't appeal to me and I can have those, legally, if I really wanted, but I don't think that a society where everyone and their mothers can own and/or carry a gun is going to be a good place to live, the consequences of such society might be a police state, where the police has too much power and shoots first, asks questions later because, you know, everyone can have a gun and that's dangerous.

hologram

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 08:28:14 PM

I would prefer to have the choice to live in a city with gun (or without for you), so everyone is happy to have the gun politic he want. And do not forget rural place where lot of people have gun and it's very great place to live with convivial and polite people.

pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 08:40:37 PM

I would prefer to have the choice to live in a city with gun (or without for you), so everyone is happy to have the gun politic he want. And do not forget rural place where lot of people have gun and it's very great place to live with convivial and polite people.

I believe that's where most gun related murders happen in my country, usually people have guns because they are hunters, and when things get heated because some fence, small watercourse, peace of land, relationships, people start shotting.

hologram

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 08:44:09 PM

I don't see the same thing here, people aggressive with gun are criminal in city and people who use gun for self defense are hunter or small business owner.

Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 08:48:59 PM

I lived several years in the USa and didn't have feeling that I live in police state.
In fact, I lived 20 years in very strict communist regime and was very happy to finally experience freedom and democracy.
I think that you should be happy that you live in the country where you can vote every 4 years and choose your political representatives and even critics them publicly.
In many countries you can't do this freely and if you express different political opinion you risk to go to the prison or worst.
So, USA are maybe not ideal country yet, but please believe they are still much better than many other countries.

I haven't experienced any of this police state activity either but I think the article's point is what the feds are preparing for in the almost expected situation of a currency crash and the resulting mayhem on the flip side. When the destitute don't get their monthly checks and realize the game is up, survival mode sets in. However, there's a lot of bad policing stories going on these days at a far faster clip than ever before. Homeland security has been really beefing up the hardware that local peace officers have at their disposal. Just last year or so, there was all this reporting about DHS getting several million if not billion rounds of hollow point bullets. Those are way more expensive than practice rounds and do far more damage on intended targets.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: