Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:45:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Satoshi Nakamoto be world's first trillionaire ?  (Read 17110 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 02:15:27 PM

What is your opinion ?

First? LOL... There are already loads of trillionaires in Zimbabwe...

Grin

The common concept of a trillionaire is to have trillion USD. Neither trillion zimbabwean dollar nor trillion euro.

justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 02:39:56 PM

The common concept of a trillionaire is to have trillion USD. Neither trillion zimbabwean dollar nor trillion euro.
Not quite.

The common concept of a trillionaire is to have the equivalent purchasing power of 1 trillion contemporary US Dollars. (or Euros, or any other currency within the same order of magnitude).

It's important to always reference purchasing power, since the USD could go full Weimar at any time.
leex1528

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 02:46:18 PM

We don't know if he is a single person, a group of people, or whom he is, how will we ever know how much money he has???
BitcoinMillionaire

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Bling Bling

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 04:09:30 PM

It has been discussed in the article Bitcoin Trillionaire.

What is your opinion ?

It's my mission to become the first BitcoinBillionaire! Who cares for FIAT Trillionaires, if you can have a trillion Bitcoin!!!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Beliathon

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 05:13:33 PM

AFAIK There are already trillionaire's but doesn't want to show off because IRS will be chasing them.

LoLz... there is a world outside USA where IRS cant do anything.
Not for brainwashed moron Amercans... god we're dumb here. It's seriously frightening how stupid my countrymen are.  Roll Eyes

I dare you may have missed the point...

Spoiler: The US dollar will not always be as valuable as it is today.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
bitjoint

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

Commander of the Hodl Legions

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 05:21:34 PM

It's important to always reference purchasing power, since the USD could will go full Weimar at any time eventually.

FTFY  Wink

Bitcoin to the rescue!
BitCoinDream
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 06:06:06 PM

It's important to always reference purchasing power, since the USD could will go full Weimar at any time eventually.

FTFY  Wink

Bitcoin to the rescue!

There is no problem in going by the purchasing power. But, then go for 1T USD's purchasing power. Not 1T zimbabwean dollar's. Wink

wdmw

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 06:30:15 PM

i do love it when pople dont think before they make topics like this.. its soo easy to rebuttle the solution and move on with our lives

Are you unable to move on with your life if there is an open topic on a forum?
BitCoinDream
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:00:46 PM

What is your opinion ?

It's my mission to become the first BitcoinBillionaire! Who cares for FIAT Trillionaires, if you can have a trillion Bitcoin!!!

BitcoinBillionaire is a vague concept. Forget about trillion Bitcoin. Bitcoin is restricted to 21 million by 2140.

Trance

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:47:54 PM

Sure, but only 'virtually' be worth that much.

Some people are so poor ALL they have is money
Trance

Activity: 551

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:48:49 PM

What is your opinion ?

First? LOL... There are already loads of trillionaires in Zimbabwe...

Grin

haha this is awesome where did you find that picture of the bill? lol

Some people are so poor ALL they have is money
hamiltino

Activity: 644

P2P The Planet!

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 11:51:37 PM

firstly satoshi does not own 1mill coins. sorry but just no..

between 2009-2011 5 mill coins were produced. and trust me there were more then 5 people mining.. do the maths

secondly lets say satoshi had 500k coins instead (again exaggerated but lets roll with it) would require each coin to be worth $2m each.. or if we use the FUD amount of a 1million coin hoard, it would be $1mill a coin for him to be a trillionaire..

so i dont think so..

i do love it when pople dont think before they make topics like this.. its soo easy to rebuttle the solution and move on with our lives

yes "move on"

stacking coin
gtraah

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 08:44:39 AM

firstly satoshi does not own 1mill coins. sorry but just no..

between 2009-2011 5 mill coins were produced. and trust me there were more then 5 people mining.. do the maths

secondly lets say satoshi had 500k coins instead (again exaggerated but lets roll with it) would require each coin to be worth $2m each.. or if we use the FUD amount of a 1million coin hoard, it would be $1mill a coin for him to be a trillionaire..

so i dont think so..

yes "move on"

Please lets, he doesn't have 1 mill, If anything it would be in the range of 250k and that's if he constantly mined. Because lets not forget there were MORE people mining
ljudotina
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1029

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 08:51:30 AM

I'm pretty much sure that Rothschild's are already trillionairs when you put in acount everything they directly and indirectly own. So, Satoshi, if he still has private keys can become second trillionari or something along those lines.

leex1528

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 12:42:16 PM

How could he be that rich, first, we don't know what he/she/they are.  2nd-they don't have that many coins, right now it would take about

1,666,666,666 = 1 Trillion(roughly)

3rd-My guess is they are not even involved in Bitcoin anymore

So simple answer, no
cryptomr

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 12:47:31 PM

Nope he'll end up as a bum
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 02:57:28 PM

You wanne be a trillionaire?
How about I give you one trillion grains of sand and you give me one bitcoin.
Does that sound like a good deal to you?

Yes, this actually does sound like a good deal. Get me the sand first and I'll give you one bitcoin.

[I'm not sure you actually took the trouble to calculate this out.]
ensurance982

Activity: 518

Trust me!

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 04:53:26 PM

Even if Satoshi became the world's first trillionaire, he could't sell all his stash for that much money. The market would have to grow many orders of magnitude to be even remotely able to absorb such a big amount of coins!

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 05:42:01 PM

What is your opinion ?

Mission failed.

There can only be ~21 million bitcoins in existence.

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
leex1528

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 07:50:08 PM

Even if Satoshi became the world's first trillionaire, he could't sell all his stash for that much money. The market would have to grow many orders of magnitude to be even remotely able to absorb such a big amount of coins!

He cannot become a trillionaire unless the Bitcoin price skyrockets from what it is now.

Assuming he had all 21million coins that aren't even out yet, I think the price would need to be about 5000 per coin(I am just mathing here folks).....
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: