Bitcoin Forum
August 06, 2024, 01:16:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoind startup process changed?  (Read 744 times)
Envrin (OP)

Activity: 318
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 06:57:55 PM

Looked through the changelogs and couldn't really see anything, except one mention that RPC calls would be separated from bitcoind sometime in the future.  Anyway, has there been a chance recently (ie. v0.9.2+) in the startup process?  Previously, I would just run "bitcoind -daemon", and all would hum along just fine.

Now though, that doesn't seem to work, because if I kill that SSH connection, things like "blocknotify" seem to stop working.  I've resolved this with using "nohup bitcoind -daemon &", and that seems to keep it going just fine even after the SSH session.  Just curious, has anything changed in that regards, and is there anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks!

bitsta

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

r00t-dev

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 11:27:16 AM

Looked through the changelogs and couldn't really see anything, except one mention that RPC calls would be separated from bitcoind sometime in the future.  Anyway, has there been a chance recently (ie. v0.9.2+) in the startup process?  Previously, I would just run "bitcoind -daemon", and all would hum along just fine.

Now though, that doesn't seem to work, because if I kill that SSH connection, things like "blocknotify" seem to stop working.  I've resolved this with using "nohup bitcoind -daemon &", and that seems to keep it going just fine even after the SSH session.  Just curious, has anything changed in that regards, and is there anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks!

not that i know.

have you launched the daemon inside a new screen-session?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: