Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:32:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: USA CONTROLS 40% OF BITCOIN NETWORK  (Read 2819 times)
banque (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 07:21:11 PM

Ineresting numbers in this article on the distribution of btc nodes.

40%+ in USA, then Europe then well almost no one.

http://bitcoinalgorithm.com/news/usa-control-of-bitcoin-nodes/

So maybe the US regulations pushes btc out into a broader network, a good thing for wealth distribution world wide.

So much for Satoshi being from Japan, they are not even 2% of the node network.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 07:47:43 PM

Ineresting numbers in this article on the distribution of btc nodes.

40%+ in USA, then Europe then well almost no one.

http://bitcoinalgorithm.com/news/usa-control-of-bitcoin-nodes/

So maybe the US regulations pushes btc out into a broader network, a good thing for wealth distribution world wide.

So much for Satoshi being from Japan, they are not even 2% of the node network.

sorry to say this but those numbers are just sooo wrong

il leave the OP to research why..

.. seems im reading alot of FUD and speculation today... must be a quiet day that people are getting bored and just making things up

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 07:53:06 PM

and then, US dollar collapse ?  Grin a true dream ...
adoni

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 07:57:58 PM

yo franky why don't you post to a source saying different

I'm not about to go research it, I trust the site OP linked to

I know the author that the site is based on, his algorithm work on the financial fundamentals of btc

so prove him wrong

I got some btc if you can

or if you want to wager, I'm sure I can get a source that verifies that article and shows you are CLUELESS

So franky with 700 bs posts

show he's wrong

I DARE YOU

you got a site franky about btc

700 posts you must have a site about btc

it's obvious you don't have a job with 700 posts

lol

Inotanewbie

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

www.CloudThink.IO

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 08:02:56 PM

The US doesn't actually control this much of the bitcoin network, but rather 40% of the network is located in the US. This is a very big and important difference.

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
banque (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 08:06:52 PM

haha, ok, so my site is only pr3 about btc, it's not the source linked to, they have 3M alexa, the site pushes a book about a new fundamentals value algorithm to bitcoin.

Now knowing that author as everyone that is somehow through 2 steps removed connected to that author and his companies, it's easy enough to get their source.

Let's see a PR3 site like mine in the btc world, not bad, ok alexa 700K

So Franky that likes to say something is WRONG with no backup other than he posted BS 700 times here and won't even put a sig or a link on his profile, so what is yuur source saying bitcoin algorithm is wrong

GO AHEAD PROVE THE SITE WRONG

And I second the wager, so you have two adoni guys with lots of btc that will TAKE YOUR WALLET if you want to wager the basic numbers are wrong.

The source tracks almost 8K nodes in the world in the btc network

THAT'S THE SOURCE BIG MOUTH THAT KNOWS NOTHING
banque (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 08:10:10 PM

The US doesn't actually control this much of the bitcoin network, but rather 40% of the network is located in the US. This is a very big and important difference.

that's what it says and when 40% of nodes are in usa where there's more network power than any other part of the net you want to say they don't mine 40%, say it.

Then back it up with numbers showing where the most mining is done.

The article states 100% correctly over 40% of btc NODES are located in the USA and nodes do the transactions and mining.

100% FACTUAL

Transactions and mining are done more inside the USA than anywhere if they're 40% of the 8K nodes in the network, now if you got other stats show them.

40% of 8K nodes in the btc grid is USA LOCATIONS

ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 08:27:46 PM

that's what it says and when 40% of nodes are in usa where there's more network power than any other part of the net you want to say they don't mine 40%, say it.

Then back it up with numbers showing where the most mining is done.

The article states 100% correctly over 40% of btc NODES are located in the USA and nodes do the transactions and mining.

100% FACTUAL

Transactions and mining are done more inside the USA than anywhere if they're 40% of the 8K nodes in the network, now if you got other stats show them.

40% of 8K nodes in the btc grid is USA LOCATIONS

So it seams that most mining is happening in china, and most of nodes and bussinesses are usa based.
Both one and the other is important, but weather its distributed here or there, its irrelevant.
adoni

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 08:36:07 PM

Is that a pun or a typo it SEAMS (seam mining term sounds like seems, either you're pretty intelligent or just a shitty typist)

haha

the data I'm looking at shows less than 4% of nodes in china, so you telling me less than 4% of the nodes do most of the mining?

back it up with data buddy

shockinglyugly

Activity: 52

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 08:39:37 PM

Is that a pun or a typo it SEAMS (seam mining term sounds like seems, either you're pretty intelligent or just a shitty typist)

haha

the data I'm looking at shows less than 4% of nodes in china, so you telling me less than 4% of the nodes do most of the mining?

It is very difficult to determine where the mining is actually done because pools will not report individual connections to he pools.

There is a very big pool (f2pool) that is based in China and I would suspect that a large percentage of its hash power is from china.
adoni

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 08:42:50 PM

haha

It is very difficult to determine where the mining is actually done because pools will not report individual connections to he pools.

There is a very big pool (f2pool) that is based in China and I would suspect that a large percentage of its hash power is from china.

come on man, less than 4% of the nodes are in CHINA so how can that pool compete with big pools in the usa? 40% nodes in usa and 4% in china

advantage 10 to 1 USA

these are nodes not businesses, the cores that do the transactions and mining

8K nodes

over 40% in USA

mining mostly in usa unless anyone has data to prove other wise

I know an ISP in sfl mining, so a modern NOC with racks of servers and a huge connection to the net MINING

We buy coin from him every month now
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 09:19:31 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2014, 09:30:10 PM by franky1

yo franky why don't you post to a source saying different

I'm not about to go research it, I trust the site OP linked to

I know the author that the site is based on, his algorithm work on the financial fundamentals of btc

so prove him wrong

I got some btc if you can

or if you want to wager, I'm sure I can get a source that verifies that article and shows you are CLUELESS

So franky with 700 bs posts

show he's wrong

I DARE YOU

you got a site franky about btc

700 posts you must have a site about btc

it's obvious you don't have a job with 700 posts

lol

i dont want the btc, so donate it to seans outpost or keep it..

but you think there are less than 3k nodes in usa... really?
but you think there are less than 440 nodes in UK... really?

yet.. there are 3million unique IP addresses of nodes
https://blockchain.info/ip-log

the numbers in that article are not world wide coverage of all nodes, but the nodes connected to the node that the article is from.. which is only part of it. thus the numbers are incomplete and not in context.

you do realise that there are more miners in places like canada and the ntherlands then there are in america.

but it seems you prefer to be spoon fed information and beleive it on face value.. but i think you should not believe what is wrote down, but to do some research..

so goodluck and stop simply believing what is wrote like a sheeple, learn something knew each day that has not been spoon fed to you. it keeps the brain cells active.

oh and by the way, im in the UK and my node is not listed in the source from the OP's article.. so i know the numbers are just wrong

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
adoni

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 09:50:03 PM

Franky CLUELESS you are showing how IGNORANT you are on the network dude.

Ever hear of a Class C you know how many we control that's 255 IPs brother for each class C. IP's  mean nothing.

IT IS NODES the machines

Now your source is a joke 400 NODES on Blockchain which is considered a JOKE by most.

PROOF

https://blockchain.info/connected-nodes

So the real network has 8K nodes, only 5% use blockchain because they're a joke, like Franky is. Now blockchain is tracking IP's? Why? Like I said USELESS INFO but could be used by FEDS to track every transaction. Since the location of every IP is known.

Now blockchain says they have around 2M my wallets too, haha, so are the IP's from users? Your data is worthless like your 700 posts, you are CLUELESS.

Now you want PROOF that there are about 8K nodes in the world and that is THE POWER OF THE BTC NETWORK, that's the machines doing the transactions and mining and 40% of them are in the USA, you wanna bet?

I'll take your btc, what ever you have and maybe you'll learn to get some KNOWLEDGE before you attack a post.

FRANK YOU KNOW NOTHING you think a damn IP address is a server, haha,

Injust
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 10:30:34 PM

Ever hear of a Class C you know how many we control that's 255 IPs brother for each class C. IP's  mean nothing.

IT IS NODES the machines

Now your source is a joke 400 NODES on Blockchain which is considered a JOKE by most.

PROOF

So the real network has 8K nodes, only 5% use blockchain because they're a joke, like Franky is. Now blockchain is tracking IP's? Why? Like I said USELESS INFO but could be used by FEDS to track every transaction. Since the location of every IP is known.

Now blockchain says they have around 2M my wallets too, haha, so are the IP's from users? Your data is worthless like your 700 posts, you are CLUELESS.

Now you want PROOF that there are about 8K nodes in the world and that is THE POWER OF THE BTC NETWORK, that's the machines doing the transactions and mining and 40% of them are in the USA, you wanna bet?

I'll take your btc, what ever you have and maybe you'll learn to get some KNOWLEDGE before you attack a post.

Oh my. All the insults.
Meanwhile...this newbie can't tell the difference between activity and posts Shocked
Maybe you should learn to read before you come on here acting like an arrogant asshole.
adoni

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 11:28:19 PM

700+ post ok

Fact he said the story was wrong and offered not one thing to prove it

He's a moron and typical of lots of people here blabbing about btc with zero clue what is driving it such as NODES so are you like franky you think an ip address is a node?

LOL

No one has posted one site disproving the % of NODES on the BTC is not 40%+ in USA

I can post a link to the source in 2 seconds but until someone with a brain asks nicely I'll just sit on the info and KNOW you are all clueless.

haha

Anyone else have the source for the info on that link?

I was given it and it's a major source and THE FACT IS FRANKY IS A TWIT and can't comprehend the diff between an IP and a real node doing work.

That's how clueless he is and yeah HE HAS OVER 700 posts here showing just how stupid he is, and the fact the guy shate all over this thread out of the gate gets him blasted over and over, that's what happens you act like you know something about the network and you think a damn IP address is the nodes.

MORONS

redhawk979

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:56:48 AM

IT IS NODES the machines

PROOF

Oh my. All the insults.
Meanwhile...this newbie can't tell the difference between activity and posts Shocked
Maybe you should learn to read before you come on here acting like an arrogant asshole.

He is kind of right though. Franky just keeps going "Omg u believe that at Face value? Your wrong instead I claim Canada has more nodes just trust me k bai". If people are going to dispute something you need to do more than just handwave it off and provide some sources
banque (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 12:13:07 PM

The most nodes online info I've seen is 8K nodes

Which is a lot when you realize that btc only recently reached 700K users so 1% or so are involved in transactions and mining

7M users of btc if the 1% ratio holds 70K nodes MAYBE

But the ratio of nodes should be decreasing since in the beginning of btc it was geeks that could put the core on a server

One of the nocs we use had a huge issue not long ago with the btc malware thing, tons of servers running btc

Every password on the network changed those unsecure servers banned from the network

So in the earliest days of btc and we're still in the early days, you had mostly guys with core in the community most were mining, then guys with no servers joined and now you have 1% of the community with core and most with 2nd tier wallets

Face it wallets on blockchain, coinbase and bitpay are not nodes and are just entry level wallets for consumers to collect a coin or fraction

Most of the world is broke and can't invest thousands into btc or anything

So early miners have lots of btc, you have had 4 tenfold growth bubbles to get to the users today, 3 more bubbles of growth you have 10% of the gwp using btc

As the sheeple with no core use btc the ratio of nodes will keep dropping and dropping

geeks are a tiny fraction of the world

cryto geeks even smaller

that's where the btc wealth is now

So you will not see millions of nodes IMO

millions of users but only a fraction will have a core on a server and doing 1st tier work for the network

btc is moving into the 2nd tier growth, consumer growth and most consumers do not have any savings and they're all tapped out

so you will see consumers doing minor micro wallets to save a few bucks at retailers with btc signs up and discounting btc transactions

then 3rd tier growth will be a new type of iTunes will emerge probably 100% illegal with 10 cent downloads all through btc

bullet proof hosting of the site and a black market app and people buy btc like cheap bags of dope back in the day to get that dime fix of music instead of the buck apple wants

so music is gonna be what takes btc mainstream

you get a big music act to launch a song and say only at my site only with btc and it's 10 cents not a buck

about what he makes anyway through itunes

that is what btc was designed for under a buck transactions

read the white paper

so how soon a major music star is hooked up with a new btc music site they have a piece of you will see twitter and his/her fans take btc to the next level

maybe a rap star does it, since some of them understand drugs

haha

drugs made some aware of btc

music takes it mainstream

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 01:44:57 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2014, 02:10:55 PM by franky1

adoni

your a noob, now go learn something

go on.. add a few more super nodes to the mix as it seems your only getting a small corner of the planets worth of nodes.

oh by the way, i used a few services and added some nodes to the mix and the numbers went up.... hmmm how is that possible if SUPPOSEDLY all nodes are already listed??? hmmm

hmm i guess that explains their exclaimer about it only showing REACHABLE nodes, (because not all nodes are directly linked so it wont show ALL nodes).

the node crawlers are flawed... as its not finding all nodes. just the ones directly linked to the list that they have... so add more nodes to the lists  you know of and watch the numbers rise to your node checking service.. then add random nodes you can find by google searching.. and guess what the numbers of active nodes will increase on your checking service.. BECAUSE.......  not all nodes are found atomatically. nodes are NOT all connected to every node on the planet.

again ill tell you now, your nodes list is only a small corner of the planet. if it included the whole world, i would not be able to make the numbers rise, as they would have already been linked!!.. think about that

and lastly i didnt say i used blockchain as my 'node lister' the link i provided showed there were over 3million unique IP's known about that are/were/have been active..

so add some more nodes and supernodes IP addresses and let it show more 'reachable' node appear

oh and one last thing.. play around with your max connections if you are running your own supernode. it may help

Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 02:01:31 PM

by the way ... when i lauch my bitcoin core and "read the debuglog" ... getaddr client is always here after 2-3 min to ask ...

Code:
receive version message: /getaddr.bitnodes.io:0.1/: version 70001, blocks=312131
cozk

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 05:22:03 PM

END OF THE WORLD NEWS:

MINERS CONTROL 100% OF THE BITCOIN NETWORK
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: