Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 04:42:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Americans Getting Poorer  (Read 9006 times)
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 11:44:24 AM

Poorer is just to specific. Maybe life is much harder today for Americans. But poorer? Naah..

So when people don't have jobs and have kids that go to school dirty and hungry you call that lower middle class?  What will you call it when things get even worse?  You will only accept it is poverty when people don't have access to water?  Don't you see how illogical it is to say your not poor because you live in a rich country?  If my neighbor has a million dollars in the bank and I live in a cardboard box am I well off because I don't live in a poor third world country or am I just a few steps ahead of the worst on people on the planet?

The industrial revolution got most people out of poverty then people wanted a feeling of security and sociopaths wanted to control people so the wealther state grew and the rate of people going out of poverty declined then went to zero and now it is increasing again
DodoB

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 10:06:13 PM

How can you be poor when youre richer than most of the world? just be happy you live in a westren country with a minimum wage.
centauribit

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 04:53:51 AM

technically true, but the deficit is falling fast, is projected to fall much farther and GDP is growing pretty well relative to the rest of the rich world. mainstream economists agree that there is no short term debt problem and we likely wont have one until the end of the 2020

itsAj

Activity: 588

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 05:21:14 AM

Poorer is just to specific. Maybe life is much harder today for Americans. But poorer? Naah..

So when people don't have jobs and have kids that go to school dirty and hungry you call that lower middle class?  What will you call it when things get even worse?  You will only accept it is poverty when people don't have access to water?  Don't you see how illogical it is to say your not poor because you live in a rich country?  If my neighbor has a million dollars in the bank and I live in a cardboard box am I well off because I don't live in a poor third world country or am I just a few steps ahead of the worst on people on the planet?
Whose fault is it that they don't have jobs? Whose fault is it that they have kids (if the do have kids then they are likely enrolled in many social programs)?

The standard of living for people in poverty in the US is much higher for even the wealthy in many other countries. A house that is considered to be a middle class home in the US is likely to be considered a mansion in many third world countries.
awesome31312

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 05:52:44 PM

Inflation is stealing your wealth. Banks take away your money while you sleep simply by printing more.

That problem can be solved by using Bitcoin!  Grin

Account recovered 08-12-2019
picolo

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 05:43:36 PM

Inflation is stealing your wealth. Banks take away your money while you sleep simply by printing more.

Inflation don't solve the problem, it creates more problems

If salaries don't go up and you have inflation people are getting poorer
awesome31312

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 05:58:30 PM

I was talking about Bitcoin solving the problem.

BJay87

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

*Bitcoin Betting*

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 06:17:10 AM

Bitcoin has its own problem to solve

awesome31312

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 09:43:08 AM

Bitcoin is divisible up to eight significant digits
This ensures you don't lose money getting short changed, and since there can only be 21 million Bitcoins, I doubt there will be inflation because of Bitcoin.

Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 07:59:14 PM

46,496,145: Food Stamp Recipients Can Fill Yankee Stadium 925 Times

In June 2014, there were 46,496,145 recipients of the food stamp program, which is enough to fill the Yankee Stadium 925 times, according to data from the Department of Agriculture (USDA).

The Yankee Stadium is equipped to hold 50,291 persons, meaning that the 46,496,145 Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) recipients in June 2014 could fill the stadium 925 times.  The number of recipients was up 270,999 since the previous month in May 2014 when there were 46,225,146 individuals participating in the program.

Similarly, the number of households participating in the SNAP program has increased as well from the 22,590,393 participating in May 2014 to the 22,713,934 participating in June 2014, an increase of 123,541 households.

And, that^ jump happened in just a month.

More...http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/ali-meyer/46496145-food-stamp-recipients-can-fill-yankee-stadium-925-times
RICHBOSS

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 12:59:28 PM

This ensures you don't lose money getting short changed, and since there can only be 21 million Bitcoins, I doubt there will be inflation because of Bitcoin.

There are a lot of bitcoin hopefuls out here. Still, without you working, you will not succeed. Lazy people becomes poor, hardworking will succeed. If a hardworking person doesnt succeed then bad luck is embracing him.
awesome31312

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:31:09 PM

There are a lot of bitcoin hopefuls out here. Still, without you working, you will not succeed. Lazy people becomes poor, hardworking will succeed. If a hardworking person doesnt succeed then bad luck is embracing him.

If this were true, every gold miner in Africa would be a millionaire

picolo

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 06:38:00 PM

Correct but gold miners in Africa are less poor than non gold miners and that it why they chose to mine for a few years then start a small business with the savings they accumulated

The number of poor people is going up in the states while the state is growing bigger; the % of people suffering from hunger is going down in the rest of the world
awesome31312

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:34:16 PM

Correct but gold miners in Africa are less poor than non gold miners and that it why they chose to mine for a few years then start a small business with the savings they accumulated

The number of poor people is going up in the states while the state is growing bigger; the % of people suffering from hunger is going down in the rest of the world

Are you serious?

wasserman99

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:44:07 AM

Most of the people in africa that mine do so because they are forced to do so as what are essentially slaves in order to fund wars in africia. This is especially true with diamond mines (I am not sure about how many gold mines there are in africia).

awesome31312

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:34:54 PM

^^ That guy knows what he's talking about

Wage slavery is still slavery, if you're born into debt and you die in debt, make just enough to live, you are a slave to work.

ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:54:13 PM

Wage slavery is still slavery, if you're born into debt and you die in debt, make just enough to live, you are a slave to work.

Exactly, the only thing that changed is the slavery method.
That what ure describing there is todays modern slavery, instead of food, you get just enough money to buy food, and thats it.
Im not saying it like that for everyone, but alot of ppl are accefted like that.
awesome31312

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 05:40:07 PM

Exactly, the only thing that changed is the slavery method.
That what ure describing there is todays modern slavery, instead of food, you get just enough money to buy food, and thats it.
Im not saying it like that for everyone, but alot of ppl are accefted like that.

You have to wonder, is it really moral to capitalize on that which should be a man's basic right, the right to food, clothing, education, shelter, water, and healthcare?

samaricanin

Activity: 697

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 05:50:34 PM

Someone said that the dollar is printed as toilet paper

awesome31312

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:53:51 AM

Someone said that the dollar is printed as toilet paper

It's funny how it works, once upon a time, bankers would send men to come over and steal your shit, now they just sit there and print the shit out of your currency.

I believe in Bitcoin, I believe in the American dream, and I believe Bitcoin will save America.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: