Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:25:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which wallet will give me sound notifications?  (Read 2301 times)
The Ferox (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 11:30:30 PM

I am looking to find a wallet that can do a few things for me and i dont want to download them all to see which work in any of these manners. I have been a long time armory user but need a few features i am not getting currently.

1: and probably the most important i cannot find. I need a wallet that makes a sound, plays a noise, or something audible when bitcoin are received. Armory gives me a bubble that pops up from the toolbar, but no sound.

2: It needs to be able to easily import WIF style private keys, and function well with a ton of them (thousands... its a long story i would rather not explain but will summarize below briefly.)

3: It needs to be a windows desktop application, not a web wallet, not an android wallet, it needs to be like the original bitcoin client or armory where i have it on my own home network.

The summary.....

I was into bitcoin a long long long time ago when it was a new thing ( no i am not rich from it ), i was a faucet and referral program whore. Back then i did not understand anything about bitcoin and was paranoid about using the same address in two places so every faucet with an affiliate program i signed up for i used a different address. I recently found that old laptop with a ton of addresses on it and low and behold i had about a half a bitcoin sitting there after 3 days of sync time with the network. Not to mention, since i got back into bitcoin i am still a referral program whore although i learned not to use a different address with all of them recently i still made a ton before january. I am still getting payments from faucets from 3 years ago as recently as 2 days ago so i do not want to just forget about the addresses. SUMMARY: i just need a place to import all these addresses and forget about them. I need a loud audible sound to notify on coins received as i have no idea how secure i was back then and dont want to leave coins sitting in possible compromised addresses.

Any help would be great

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
IDKwhatimdoing

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 12:48:35 AM

I don't think any of them give sound notifications that meet your parameters.

One suggestion would be to have the address that you are expecting to receive bitcoin on to be pulled up on blockchain.info (blockchain.info/address/1addressthatyouwillreceivefundson) as it will beep whenever a TX involving that address is broadcast. You could also make a wallet with blockchain.info with all of your address set to "watch only" meaning you only provide the public address and not he private keys, you will get the same result of a "beep" but could use multibit for your wallet.

dabura667

Activity: 475
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 10:12:49 AM

I could write three lines of code that would add sound notification to Electrum... but there's one HUGE caveat.

Electrum doesn't do well with +100 addresses.

The reason why is that most Electrum servers (all run by individuals on open source software) rate limit their servers. The "synchronizing" stage would most likely be seen as DOSing and you'll probably never get a server to give you the balances for all those addresses.

I would recommend finding someone with C programming experience to add sound notifications to bitcoind and then you can compile your own bitcoind (Bitcoin Core) and import the keys with a script. (remember to use the rescan=False option for every private key except for the last one you import)

My Tip Address:
1DXcHTJS2DJ3xDoxw22wCt11FeAsgfzdBU
The Ferox (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 02:43:46 PM

I could write three lines of code that would add sound notification to Electrum... but there's one HUGE caveat.

Electrum doesn't do well with +100 addresses.

The reason why is that most Electrum servers (all run by individuals on open source software) rate limit their servers. The "synchronizing" stage would most likely be seen as DOSing and you'll probably never get a server to give you the balances for all those addresses.

I would recommend finding someone with C programming experience to add sound notifications to bitcoind and then you can compile your own bitcoind (Bitcoin Core) and import the keys with a script. (remember to use the rescan=False option for every private key except for the last one you import)

Thanks Dabura667,

I never thought of having someone code an add on. that sounds like a good idea. i'm sure someone would pick it up on a bounty campaign Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: