Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:09:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-E , money transferred to old address  (Read 3121 times)
bitcoincup (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 12:01:06 AM

Hello guys,

I had given my bitcoin address to someone on 17 July to make a payment, however he did not do it until yesterday.

I noticed money did not arrive and then read btc-e last news on 19 July here https://btc-e.com/news/212

They've changed all addresses and I wonder where the money is now? Seriously very unprofessional sudden change of addresses by btc-e, it will definitely effect many people and transfers.

I already contacted btc-e support, still awaiting to hear back from them. Is it that they have a slow support service? and they got difficulty with English?

My so-called old address 1FsYDXaLVuwUqdY4WH2HB93SvGAU2xdR8W

I tracked the transfer https://blockchain.info/address/1FsYDXaLVuwUqdY4WH2HB93SvGAU2xdR8W

Today, the transfer was moved to address 19cCMcT7CFY49DrzaKSA6SsvVTvYGya2WD and there are many other transfers to this address for today https://blockchain.info/address/19cCMcT7CFY49DrzaKSA6SsvVTvYGya2WD

If you got anything to share, I appreciate.

Thank you.
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:19:40 AM

At least you don't lose your money!
bitcoincup (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:49:07 AM

I wish there were some replies from the forum members.

It's just that I am not expert at bitcoin stuffs, so wondering about this issue.
falllling

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 05:04:30 AM

It's just that I am not expert at bitcoin stuffs, so wondering about this issue.

no worry, here is what is going to happen

they receive your support ticket, look into the old wallet.dat backup at a local computer (100% they have it backuped), check if there are new incomes at your address, if so send those coins to your current address, reply you & done
if they are so busy right now, they might do this at once until they receive more complains,  reply you & done
bitcoincup (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 05:23:47 AM

Hello falllling,

It seems its not going to be like that, just received a typical answer to my ticket from btc-e staff, copy pasting that damn same news:

BTC-E Support
Staff

Posted on: 27 July 2014 09:09 AM
Notification of Change of deposit addresses for BTC and LTC coins
19.07.14 16:55 from admin

Dear clients,

Due a hard work on update of deposit core on our exchange we updated all BTC and LTC deposit coin's addresses for all users.

Please do not forget to update deposit addresses on pools. We will not be able to accept coins on old addresses after an update.

Deposit/Withdrawal of NMC, NVC, FTC, XPM, PPC, TRC operating normally.

Do not forget to check an address where you sending your coins.

Regards,
BTC-e Team

I really have no nerve to deal with this kinda support from a Company...
bitcoincup (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 05:50:46 AM

Another typical answer from btc-e staff  Angry

BTC-E Support
Staff

Posted on: 27 July 2014 09:39 AM
Please do not forget to update deposit addresses on pools. We will not be able to accept coins on old addresses after an update.

Okay, they are officially scam?

As far as In understood this company just does not exist! Is this true? How can we take legal action for these shits?
redHeadBlunder

Activity: 81

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 06:02:00 AM

if btc-e no longer has access to the private keys to old deposit addresses, then why would you expect them to be able to credit you bitcoin that you send to those addresses?
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 06:08:27 AM

bitcoincup, I hope he answers (here and/or your post in their main thread), edit: since they should be able to fix the issue.
I have never had a problem with BTC-e, but have seen some stories that are "a bit scary" at times.

Edit: I just saw the newest post, and am concerned that they should have handled this much better. (If the coins are truly lost)
With Cryptsy you can always still use old addresses.

This is a mess: Maybe the notice is poorly written (also "copy/paste" customer service barely speaks English, if at all) and the reality isn't that bad......  ?

bitcoincup (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 06:11:06 AM

if btc-e no longer has access to the private keys to old deposit addresses, then why would you expect them to be able to credit you bitcoin that you send to those addresses?

We would expect them, because it was their unprofessional act to suddenly change addresses. Do all people follow the updates all the fucking time? Some are on travel, some just do not check their mails at the time of news, and then sometimes the money will be sent to the address when the sender got that address already, and suddenly that address no longer exist by a god damn decision of company  Angry very funny you are asking this question and giving them rights!

It is completely their fault, it is easily predictable that after such decision of changing address, these things would happen and they surely should be able to recover them!

It is not my money, but I still care as I can't stand these shitty scam-like behaviors! and I believe the sender won't too as it was more than he could afford to lose for him.
bitcoincup (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 06:20:55 AM

bitcoincup, I hope he answers (here and/or your post in their main thread), edit: since they should be able to fix the issue.
I have never had a problem with BTC-e, but have seen some stories that are "a bit scary" at times.

Edit: I just saw the newest post, and am concerned that they should have handled this much better. (If the coins are truly lost)
With Cryptsy you can always still use old addresses.

This is a mess: Maybe the notice is poorly written (also "copy/paste" customer service barely speaks English, if at all) and the reality isn't that bad......  ?

Yea man, it IS scary! I can't believe it.

and funny, they keep on copy-pasting their own previous answer when I question them more:

BTC-E Support
Staff

Posted on: 27 July 2014 09:58 AM

These kinda attitude is a red flag to me! can't believe all this.
bitcoincup (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 06:47:03 AM

they receive your support ticket, look into the old wallet.dat backup at a local computer (100% they have it backuped)

Yeah, sure as hell they must have all old addresses already backed up! for such possible events.
bitcoincup (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:45:26 AM

I tracked the transfer https://blockchain.info/address/1FsYDXaLVuwUqdY4WH2HB93SvGAU2xdR8W

Today, the transfer was moved to address 19cCMcT7CFY49DrzaKSA6SsvVTvYGya2WD and there are many other transfers to this address for today https://blockchain.info/address/19cCMcT7CFY49DrzaKSA6SsvVTvYGya2WD

Sender money was 1.4331 BTC

Somebody please can give some explanation about these pages info?

Who/why/how the hell the last transfer/coin was moved to this adress 19cCMcT7CFY49DrzaKSA6SsvVTvYGya2WD ?

And why there are so many transfers sent on 27 July to this address?

Something looks fishy here.

I appreciate your knowledge guys.
falllling

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 08:30:44 AM

again, no worry, btc-e support russian guy always talk like that,

you just have to tell them may be few more times that you do know about the news and the change and won't do it wrong again,

now you need their help to check and send back those coins from the old address to your new address

take it easy unless they told you something like "No, we can't help you at all, we don't have the old wallet.dat backup anymore, the coins sent to your old address is missing forever"
falllling

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 08:34:40 AM

Sender money was 1.4331 BTC

Somebody please can give some explanation about these pages info?

Who/why/how the hell the last transfer/coin was moved to this adress 19cCMcT7CFY49DrzaKSA6SsvVTvYGya2WD ?

And why there are so many transfers sent on 27 July to this address?

Something looks fishy here.

I appreciate your knowledge guys.

i would guess they are already working on all those "wrong sent" transactions, they collected all those coins from all old address into the new one 19cCMcT7CFY49DrzaKSA6SsvVTvYGya2WD and manually credit them back into users accounts, it takes time to anaylse which coin/address to which account, however, if their old wallet.dat was hacked (it could be the reason they made that change), then your coins are lost to a cracker's address which might be the 19cCMcT7CFY49DrzaKSAxxxxxxxxxxxx one
bitcoincup (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 08:45:41 AM

I have already said that to them several times, they keep throwing that news content to me.

I just checked on the web, some other people had the same issue as ours within last week or so and btc-e recovered their coins http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2b7u2d/psa_do_not_reuse_your_btce_deposit_addresses/

So yea, they got access to the old addresses, and hell yea they should recover ours too!
bitcoincup (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 08:51:58 AM

i would guess they are already working on all those "wrong sent" transactions, they collected all those coins from all old address into the new one 19cCMcT7CFY49DrzaKSA6SsvVTvYGya2WD and manually credit them back into users accounts, it takes time to anaylse which coin/address to which account,

Thank you for your comments brother,

If that's it, they should at least let us know they're working on it, people are worried for their money, right? and apparently they don't give a care.
Tammy Chan

Activity: 820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 09:17:10 AM

Since the bitcoin on OP's old deposit address were spent, I believe btc-e still has the private keys to the old addresses.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:39:24 PM

1) They need to dramatically improve communication == "No doubt at all."
2) If you study their main thread: Are most issues resolved properly or are they "really scary", and can you even tell for certain since the main BTC-e thread is "self moderated"?

onezerobit

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 12:47:58 AM

So what was the problem with the old addresses?

www.1zerobit.com - Don't just sit there, go trade
bitcoincup (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 03:15:42 AM

So what was the problem with the old addresses?

This was the reason according to the news:

Due a hard work on update of deposit core on our exchange we updated all BTC and LTC deposit coin's addresses for all users.

https://btc-e.com/news/212

They forgot to mention, as a result some people money will be burnt. Angry

Guys, anybody has any successful contact with these Russians at btc-e support? and can be a help? They aren't answering (well copy-pasting) my ticket anymore. The sender got in touch with them too today, waiting to hear back.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: