Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:22:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you see any problems with this shed design?  (Read 2336 times)
rhj12345 (OP)

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 12:17:57 AM
Last edit: July 27, 2014, 01:50:33 AM by rhj12345

I will be adding an over hang that will extend out from the garage roof, it will also hold 30 solar panels or about 7.5 Kw of solar power. Not enough for a lot of mining power but I am not looking to over build the system. One day when mining is done I will have solar for my home. Right now with the 30% tax credit its a good time to go for it.

Anyway the over hang or canopy will extend out and the width will cover the length of 3 parking spots so I was thinking of getting the 20 miners I have in the garage out to a shed I could build under the solar canopy.

Sorry for the crude drawings but I am just doing a little brain storming here before I call up the solar company and pull the trigger on this project.

Drawing 01

Airflow coming in from 2 fans north to south starting under the canopy. Shed is 7' wide by 20' long. Should make a nice covered from the sun wind tunnel.

Drawing 02

4 box fans will exhaust heat out the back end, see drawing 01 to see rack will be at the back of the shed near the exhaust fans.

Drawing 03

North side view of airflow incoming.

Let me know if you would make any changes to this if this was your project. At the amount of power I can give to my mining farm all I will ever have is about 20 - 25; S1 or S3's units.

Thanks

Rob  Cool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1054

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 12:32:37 AM

Intake airflow should be lower than exhaust, remember heat rises, so vent out the top not the sides. So put your exhaust fans on top, and your airflow on the bottom where the cooler air is. Don't bother trying to blow air horizontally across the your shed, you would just be cycling hot air. Instead, circulate the air around your miners and out the top.  Place your miners on racks and blow air across the miners, but leave air flow room around all sides of the miner. Insulate your walls otherwise the heat from the outside will work against the action you are trying to create inside the shed.
rhj12345 (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 01:03:48 AM

Intake airflow should be lower than exhaust, remember heat rises, so vent out the top not the sides. So put your exhaust fans on top, and your airflow on the bottom where the cooler air is. Don't bother trying to blow air horizontally across the your shed, you would just be cycling hot air. Instead, circulate the air around your miners and out the top.  Place your miners on racks and blow air across the miners, but leave air flow room around all sides of the miner. Insulate your walls otherwise the heat from the outside will work against the action you are trying to create inside the shed.

Really good feedback. Don't think I can exhaust from the top or shed roof as that's the over hang that will have all the solar panels. Other than that I will take another look at my air flow and consider your suggestions.

Thanks!  Cool
bbeesley

Activity: 121

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 02:24:08 AM

take advantage of convection - heat rises so move the hot air out of the top and pull cool air in at the bottom

also, consider the average wind flow in your area....for me it is south to north...if you can take advantage of that it will give you some free cooling on windy days

1A3vU4r4typS1jNFfaJjvm77ZHMtqEvB4F
crashoveride54902

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

Dream become broken often

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:08:13 PM

well, i'm venting about 3-4kw out my basement with a 1300cfm attic heat exhaust fan Smiley works great...you could just use that for your exhaust side...course it is about 14'' big...but that should vent the heat and provide suction for the intake as well since if i have the basement windows closed it sucks air from upstairs thur the bottom of the door...and not just a light breeze either...it is amazing what ya can do with high cfm fans Wink well good luck on your project

Dreams of cyprto solving everything is slowly slipping away...Replaced by scams/hacks Sad
rhj12345 (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 11:26:52 PM

well, i'm venting about 3-4kw out my basement with a 1300cfm attic heat exhaust fan Smiley works great...you could just use that for your exhaust side...course it is about 14'' big...but that should vent the heat and provide suction for the intake as well since if i have the basement windows closed it sucks air from upstairs thur the bottom of the door...and not just a light breeze either...it is amazing what ya can do with high cfm fans Wink well good luck on your project

Looks like Home Depot has something like that for about $84.

Thanks for the info  Cool
crashoveride54902

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

Dream become broken often

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:16:13 AM

Looks like Home Depot has something like that for about $84.

Thanks for the info  Cool

yep, got mine at fleet farm for 64 bucks...heck i bet it would create so much suction from intake i bet all ya would need is a open window or a hole on the bottom for cool air intake...maybe some box fans pointed like \ to get it to spread up...idk i'm sure you'll have no trouble venting the heat with that fan thou Smiley its made for a 2000sq ft attic so i don't see why it shouldn't do great clearing out a small shed Smiley

Dreams of cyprto solving everything is slowly slipping away...Replaced by scams/hacks Sad
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: