Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:32:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which city will be the center of crypto currency  (Read 9394 times)
p2pbucks (OP)

Activity: 642
Merit: 500

Evolution is the only way to survive

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 01:52:04 AM
Last edit: July 27, 2014, 02:11:41 AM by p2pbucks

I guess There will be a city fully support crypto currency industry in a not far future.

The definition of city of crypto :
I. Any decentralized crypto currency is legal tender and tax free, let the free market decide which crypto will be the mainstream  
II. Crypto companies have rights to keep customers profile secret  
III. Gov guarantee will not interfere crypto currency industry

Obviously , New york isn't suit for that title.
I have some candidates :

1. Tokyo , though mtgox is in Tokyo but it seems japan still is very tolerant to crypto .

2. Hong kong , HK gov think there's no need to regulate Bitcoin if it does not pose a threat to the financial stability of HK .

3. Singapore ,  Bitcoin transactions may be treated as a barter exchange if it is used as a payment method for real goods and services in Singapore/

4. Los angles , California gov  have signed a bill legalizing Bitcoin , but not sure about the future .

5. Copenhagen , the Denmark top tax authority declared that personal profits and losses from Bitcoin trading would not be taxed

6.  Toronto , Toronto has many Bitcoin ATMs and lots of merchant stores accept Bitcoin  ( williamj2543 )

7. Offshore tax free country  , offshore countries will always be the heaven of crypto

So ..any thoughts ?

Ref : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_Bitcoins_by_country

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
williamj2543

Activity: 588

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 01:53:22 AM

Toronto, Canada anyone? We have a ton of stores, and we have lots of bitcoin atms. Vancouver may also be good, but Toronto is a bigger city.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Chronikka

Activity: 658
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 01:58:29 AM

I don't know about Singapore or Hong Kong. As Bitcoin grows it will increasingly pose a threat to fiat. I would expect the governments there to be less accommodating in the future.

Tokyo is interesting because they thrive in the technology sector. Bitcoin will bring a lot of new, lucrative business to the city.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein
deepestfear

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:18:05 AM

I have a sense New York will eventually find a way to be that

banque

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:28:26 AM

Amsterdam

Legal Drugs
Legal Hos

SomethingElse

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Looking for the next big thing

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:31:14 AM

Boston because of the MIT initiative

NEM
banque

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:32:13 AM

Toronto, Canada anyone? We have a ton of stores, and we have lots of bitcoin atms. Vancouver may also be good, but Toronto is a bigger city.

hey can you start a thread about ATMS and btc

how they work

we got www.btcATM.biz and some others

so we're researching how to monetize the assets

if they got enough atm's there maybe we find a canuck company to join

btcATM.biz/com/net/org

those the top 4 terms for a tld for international biz

.ca is canada good for your country that's it
.us good usa
.co.uk UK
.eu europe
.tld for any country limited to that country

com/net/org/biz

those the big four for international biz

chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:32:33 AM

Difficult to say right now! Every single gov is monitoring the financial market. If they find anything suspicious related BTC, they will be definitely tracking the BTC transaction and get the suspect's profile from any related BTC company.

coinmaster222

Activity: 756

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:33:49 AM

I have a sense New York will eventually find a way to be that

Their law makers disagree. Marihuana seems more likely to have it's center there once it's legalized.

Sindelar1938

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:32:27 AM

Berlin, London, Singapore, New York are all credible and likely candidates

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:41:47 AM

Berlin, London, Singapore, New York are all credible and likely candidates
It's tough to narrow down one location as the likely hub when all of these are great choices, so I'd say you're gonna have hot pockets in many of these metropolises and they'll keep expanding from there. I'd really like to see Africa become one of these as a whole considering there's so many there that need to be banked and lifted up.
mkc

Activity: 517
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 05:21:12 AM

I vote for HK. because it is closer to where mining machine are made also itself is btc friendsly
madken7777

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 05:38:13 AM

Hong Kong as it is easy to open a bank account there.
mercistheman

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 05:58:00 AM

It may be too early to answer this but it's safe to say that the cities that seriously roll out the carpet for BTC will have a jump start over the others... millions of new revenue.. not including benefits of upstart companies willing to sink capital into the local economy... forward thinking legislators will be early adapters and reap the benefits.
redHeadBlunder

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 06:08:35 AM

There will be none.

The decentralized nature of bitcoin will prevent any one place from being the center of bitcoin related transactions.
Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 06:42:17 AM

I'm surprised Silicon Valley or San Francisco weren't on your list. You should replace LA with SF.

Isn't LA still fighting technology with record companies, TV networks, and Hollywood?

deepestfear

Activity: 291

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 08:06:05 AM

Come to think of it London, Singapore, Hong Kong and Berlin will also be influential

seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 08:19:21 AM

Detroit,

Bitcoin community can buy out the damn city and start our own.

There are tons of house listing for $500 .

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4461

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 08:25:09 AM

there will be no center.

keep it decentralized guys where every town is bitcoin friendly, why are people so obsessed with making bitcoin concentration camps.. it truly bewilders me

seems most would rather sit in basements and then run to a concentration camp, rather than write a letter or mail to their local politician to become bitcoin friendly..

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
BtcGains

Activity: 38

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 08:28:43 AM

California and Tokyo high contenders
Tier 1 countries always have the advantage reason being I chose California
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: