Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:41:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Israel requires its citizens serve in military when they turn 18, 3 years for me  (Read 1107 times)
ganabb (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:20:24 AM

Israel requires its citizens serve in military when they turn 18, 3 years for men and two years for women. why ?

"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zhinkk

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:21:20 AM

Israel requires its citizens serve in military when they turn 18, 3 years for men and two years for women. why ?

I have a skype friend who lives in israel and he just went to serve in the military. He describes it as a "man" thing in his society. You go in to become toughened and turn into a man. That's besides the moral aspect of it, however. I don't know why.
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:32:33 AM

I think because of Israel small population. If Israel has bigger population the volunteers would be enough.

If my country all is reserved, from high school we trained 4 years 2 - 3 hours per day called Citizens Army Training which will be conducted by mostly ex military instructor. Then at college we are train 4 - 5 years again its called ROTC which is both physically hard.

BTCmoons

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 05:00:49 AM

They have the need for people to have to serve. The US used to have a draft that made most young men at the time serve in the military because we were at war.
lemfuture

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 05:03:30 AM

cruel fate

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
santaClause

Activity: 183

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 05:09:56 AM

They have the need for people to have to serve. The US used to have a draft that made most young men at the time serve in the military because we were at war.
since Haamas is at war with Israel they need a lot if soldiers to fight for their country and religion.
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 06:54:48 AM

why it's that hard to conceive? fyi, south korea is the same. anyway, it's because there's so much heat around israel, north africa, and the rest of the middle east. you have hamas, iran and other groups that want to take out israel, so they have to defend themselves somehow.
Victorius

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

...math, you can trust math.

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 08:51:01 AM

there are too many people on this planet who despise Israel, I understand they have to serve. I think it is also important for individuals to learn how to survive, "antisemitism" is not over, quite the opposite, it is on rise, and they know it.

But I hate to be forced into military training. Im against it. It should be everyones free choice.

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 11:11:18 AM

Because they have enemies that promissed to wipe Israel from the map, and at least once they did it. Also they are strongly outnumbered.
onlinepro

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 11:39:35 AM

3 years for man, 2 years for women, that is fucking gender discrimination.

Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 12:58:28 PM

I think this is because of the circumstances Israel live since 1948.
Their neighbors are enemies, no close friends around, small country so I think they have no other way but to invest in their defense and protect themselves.
I think memory of holocaust also contribute a lot to their sense of insecurity. 

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
MegaHustlr

Activity: 601

Vote 4fryn :)

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 12:59:42 PM

Military Conscription is abhorent in any form and this is probably a form of indoctrination & brainwashing into thier zionist terror state.

▄  ▀▄▄   ▀▄▄ ▀▄ ▀▄
             ▀█▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████ ▄
         ▀████▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀███▄
 ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▀      ██▀▀     ▄██▀▀▀   █     ██
██    ▀█  ▄█▀▀▀▄  ▀█   ▄█▀   ▄▄▄ ▀██  █▀▀▄▀▄

▀▀▀   ▐█ █▌    ▐▌  █  ▐█ ▄█▀▀   █ █  ▄▀ ▄█ ▌
      ▐▌ ▀█ ▄▀▄█  █▀  █  █      ▐▌ █▀ █    ▀▄
      █     ▄█▀  ▀▀▀▀▄█  ▀█▄▄▀ ▄▀  █▄ █  ██ ▐▌
     █   ▄███▄▄███▄▄▄▄       ▄█▄▄▄▄ █▄    ▀  █ ▄
   ▄█▀▀▀▀     █▀      █   ▄█▀▀███    ▀▀▄▄   ▄██
  ▐█         ▐▌       ▐▌▄▀     ██        ▀███ ▐█
  █           ▀▄      ▐█▀       ▀█           ▀▀
  █▄           ██     ██         ██▄
   █▀            ▀     ▀          ▀█▀

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▄██▄▄                ▄▄██▄
  ████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄████████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████████▌
█████▀                  ▀█████▌
████    ███▄      ▄███    ████▌
████   ▐████      ████▌   ████
 ███    ▀██▀      ▀██▀    ███▀
  ▀██▄                  ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████████████████▀▀

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████    
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 01:17:27 PM

Switzerland has national service for the reasons already listed on this thread, they also have every citizen keep a rifle in their homes, this is to prevent all the larger surrounding countries from just rolling over them, if they attempted it, they'd have a couple of million armed citizens to contend with who at least know the basics of how to fire a gun.
Baitty

Activity: 532

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:05:31 PM

I don't quite understand the 1 year difference between genders anyone have any reason for this?

Currently held as collateral by monbux
btcsup

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:13:29 PM

Because merchants of chaos want to create wars to sell more guns... So to hold guns people needed as much as people in army they can sell more.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, don't miss!. SrmjM2Q8BK8S92TmLP7V3j3YNVJSY3KZ6G
zeeshan98210

Activity: 124

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:06:14 PM

I don't quite understand the 1 year difference between genders anyone have any reason for this?

I'm think because girls is important for reproduction purposes and they are not very capable soldiers.
onlinepro

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:25:23 PM

I'm think because girls is important for reproduction purposes and they are not very capable soldiers.

World is already over populated so reproduction isn't good reason for this and they can still choose not to make children.
And if they aren't as good soldiers shouldn't they get more training then?

I would decide how this go it would be volunteer for everyone.
It is even worse in my country. Women have to do nothing, but mans must go to jail if they don't go there.
And if someone says it is because they do the childbirth, they can choose it! They won't go to jail if they choose not to make babies...

zeeshan98210

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:35:55 PM

World is already over populated so reproduction isn't good reason for this and they can still choose not to make children.

It is even worse in my country. Women have to do nothing, but mans must go to jail if they don't go there.
And if someone says it is because they do the childbirth, they can choose it! They won't go to jail if they choose not to make babies...

The world is over populated but not Israel their population is still very small. They have weaker bodies and they have other important uses but they are not fit in the frontline.
zeeshan98210

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:36:44 PM

The world is over populated but not Israel their population is still very small. Girls have weaker bodies and they have other important uses and they are not fit in the frontline.

onlinepro

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:41:35 PM

The world is over populated but not Israel their population is still very small. Girls have weaker bodies and they have other important uses and they are not fit in the frontline.

What kind of training do they get for that two years?
Front line or something they fit in?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: