Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:42:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2014-07-27] Review: Antminer S3 450 gh/s Bitcoin ASIC Miner By Bitmain  (Read 2351 times)
epere (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:23:49 AM

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/review-antminer-s3-450-ghs-bitcoin-asic-miner-bitmain/2014/07/25

The Bitmain Antminer S3 Bitcoin ASIC Miner is their next step in the evolution of their ASIC chips as well as going back to the basics with the blade design that started it all. There are some changes that have been made along the way though. First is the cowled dual fan enclosure that the S3 has is a new twist on the first-blade design. They also made overclocking easier as well. The Antminer S3 was initially announced to run at a 478 gh/s and then revised down to 440 gh/s.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 06:53:11 PM

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/review-antminer-s3-450-ghs-bitcoin-asic-miner-bitmain/2014/07/25

The Bitmain Antminer S3 Bitcoin ASIC Miner is their next step in the evolution of their ASIC chips as well as going back to the basics with the blade design that started it all. There are some changes that have been made along the way though. First is the cowled dual fan enclosure that the S3 has is a new twist on the first-blade design. They also made overclocking easier as well. The Antminer S3 was initially announced to run at a 478 gh/s and then revised down to 440 gh/s.

It is only a matter of time when will every old miner become outdated and non-effective, and rare are the ones that will ROI in the end.
It seams that bitcoin brought most interest on itself by earning opertunity that mining generates, and has created an oversaturated field.
Bitcoin mining is becoming(actualy more like it allready is) industrial operation, leaving the small guy behind, that being said; i would never again invest in mining equipement.
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:45:59 PM

I really like the S3 I wish I could get more of them.  LOL
They are always so easy to use and perform great.  The only one that I put above it is Spondoolies miners.  They are some beast for sure and the SP30 is shipping we should start seeing them deployed in the next several days.

ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:47:52 PM

It is the vicious cycle just like the GPU and CPU cycles were.  Only now we are seeing it in hyper drive.
The rate of improvement and each new Gen of ASIC for mining has be ultra fast.

It is only a matter of time when will every old miner become outdated and non-effective, and rare are the ones that will ROI in the end.
It seams that bitcoin brought most interest on itself by earning opertunity that mining generates, and has created an oversaturated field.
Bitcoin mining is becoming(actualy more like it allready is) industrial operation, leaving the small guy behind, that being said; i would never again invest in mining equipement.

ClutchThese

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:59:10 AM

Sadly, i'm now in this same boat. Last year i was starting to mine BTC and was really excited! Being a part of a pool and generating .1 btc a day was something i really enjoyed seeing! Now, with the same equipment i'm generating roughly 10% of that! It's crazy to think how high the difficulty has gotten in such a short amount of time.

But, like you, i'll probably never invest in mining gear again. The return on investment is too much of a gamble.

Signature for Rent - PM if Interested
ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:30:26 PM

Your right the ASIC speeds and deployments have spread so fast and so high it is crazy.
Plus with the amounts of people mining now it cuts it even further.

Sadly, i'm now in this same boat. Last year i was starting to mine BTC and was really excited! Being a part of a pool and generating .1 btc a day was something i really enjoyed seeing! Now, with the same equipment i'm generating roughly 10% of that! It's crazy to think how high the difficulty has gotten in such a short amount of time.

But, like you, i'll probably never invest in mining gear again. The return on investment is too much of a gamble.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: