Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:57:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's brave/stupid enough to invest their life savings into Bitcoin?  (Read 33436 times)
mailmansDOGE

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:22:14 AM

I personaly know people who sold property to buy bitcoin. I was surprised to see them sell all their bitcoins just for some quick profit. A risky gamble! As I was told, the man couldn't handle the instability the price had so he sticked with the fast profit. It did pay out eventually.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tss

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:22:35 AM

i envy OP as this is the kind of posts i need to start.  7 pages of nothing.. not even trolling.  is there a word for meanininglessness?

+1 to my post as an addition to worthless.

tss

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:24:28 AM

I personaly know people who sold property to buy bitcoin. I was surprised to see them sell all their bitcoins just for some quick profit. A risky gamble! As I was told, the man couldn't handle the instability the price had so he sticked with the fast profit. It did pay out eventually.

uhh yup.. sell property and buy bitcoin.. if it goes up.. sell.  then profit? 
a risky gamble. huh? are we reading different books
mailmansDOGE

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:26:17 AM

Well, selling something in real life to invest in a currency so volatile sounds risky to me... What if the next downtrend started the day after he bought in?
tss

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:28:24 AM

Lots of people invest quite a bit of their saving in the early days of bitcoin when there is no usage and no adaptation.

Who is laughing now?

yes.  THOSE PPL HAD BIG speculative BALLS or a need to buy and sell on SR.  it's still very speculative now but 2 years ago it was a pure gamble.  believer or not.. many times similar schemes have been attempted and failed.  even now the "idea" of bitcoin and decentralization is no more, so purist investors in technology are still gambling as they now trust the network.  please tell me different.  
tss

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:30:50 AM

Well, selling something in real life to invest in a currency so volatile sounds risky to me... What if the next downtrend started the day after he bought in?

uhhm.. well then you dont sell.. just like everyone who got into bitcoin after december.. they keep explaining how they wont sell or buy stuff using btc until it reaches $1000 and then apparently they all will dump hence the price wall and weak hands.  it will take us some time of reconciling before price moves anywhere.
bittown

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:33:03 AM

I would want to have sold my house to buy bitcoins just an year ago in this period...
tss

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:46:21 AM

I would want to have sold my house to buy bitcoins just an year ago in this period...

why only a year ago.. i would have done it 2 or 3 or 4 years ago.. i would have also mined if someone told me about it.

i would have done much better than you :-)
Sevvero

Activity: 350
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:55:17 AM

I personally believe that the price will increase by at least a factor of 100 over the next 2 years. Therefore, investing all your life savings would be a very wise decision.
Where is technical and fundamental analysis behind these statements? Please provide us with your research. Thank you.
beaknuke

Activity: 412

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:06:51 AM

I personally believe that the price will increase by at least a factor of 100 over the next 2 years. Therefore, investing all your life savings would be a very wise decision.
Where is technical and fundamental analysis behind these statements? Please provide us with your research. Thank you.

Do you own one of these ?

Asianconnect

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Asianconnect

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 08:22:19 AM

Investing your life saving in Bitcoin is quite risky.

© 2022 Asianconnect
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:07:18 AM

Not investing in Bitcoin is investing in fiat (in most cases), and who can honestly consider fiat an investment?  Bitcoin seems like a good pick really
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:47:23 AM

Investing your life savings in BTC may be a disaster. Chances are small for that to happen, but they are existing. However, *not* investing all you can afford to lose is stupid. If the bitcoin goes an order of magnitude up, or even more, you can lose one of few chances in life to really change your financial situation. When I say all you can afford to lose I mean exactly that, for instance: don't buy a new car, drive an old one for a few years more. Don't go on a fancy vacation, buy a dozen BTC with that money. One day you may own a place in the sun with the same money you've paid for it for to spend a few weeks there.
doubleredrolex

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

I Believe

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:24:42 PM

Ive got about 75% in BTC, the rest in gold and silver and a little bit of cash for emergencies. From now on, ever extra bit of money i have gets converted to BTC and put away in a wallet. Accumulating. BTC is my savings from now on.
Harley997

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:45:39 PM

Well if I had life savings I WOULD have invested a lot into it right now, but as it stands I am trying to use my BTC wallet as my bank. Keep all of my money in BTC and either use BTC to buy my stuff or transfer it to my bank account and withdraw is instantly.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
campycoin

Activity: 700

Daily Bitcoins for your Paypal/Skrill

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:21:50 AM

I just invested $400,000 into Bitcoin

proof: 1DDWEQM11uMUKiqpGEWvBT2at3CjCw3Vra
Hahahahahaha  CLOWN

That's the bitlaunder payout address you scammy piece of trash.

I invested $400,000 in bitcoin.  I'm a little boy.  I steal cause I can't succeed if it's legit!
picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 10:28:22 PM

Ive got about 75% in BTC, the rest in gold and silver and a little bit of cash for emergencies. From now on, ever extra bit of money i have gets converted to BTC and put away in a wallet. Accumulating. BTC is my savings from now on.

That is extreme but it will give great results once Bitcoin and Gold reach their potential
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 10:40:11 PM

Well if I had life savings I WOULD have invested a lot into it right now, but as it stands I am trying to use my BTC wallet as my bank. Keep all of my money in BTC and either use BTC to buy my stuff or transfer it to my bank account and withdraw is instantly.

If you are keeping ALL your money in BTC, I hope you are spreading it out amongst several wallets.   You don't want all your money to be gone if something bad were to happen...
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 10:59:52 PM

If you are keeping ALL your money in BTC, I hope you are spreading it out amongst several wallets.   You don't want all your money to be gone if something bad were to happen...

It's harder to secure several wallets than one. It's better to encrypt your single wallet to prevent anyone from using it if he gets his hands on it, and than backup it in several places, including the cloud. My preferred backup is to email it to myself. Google will keep it safe forever, and it's easy to periodically email it again if you exceed the limit of unused keys, which will force the wallet to generate the new keys.
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 11:33:54 PM

It's better to encrypt your single wallet to prevent anyone from using it if he gets his hands on it, and than backup it in several places, including the cloud. My preferred backup is to email it to myself. Google will keep it safe forever, and it's easy to periodically email it again if you exceed the limit of unused keys, which will force the wallet to generate the new keys.
This post gave me cancer.

Please just start using Armory. It's better in every way than what you're doing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: