Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:50:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LTBcoin [LTBc] "Let's Talk Bitcoin" crypto-rewards Official Discussion Thread  (Read 222364 times)
serje
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:36:24 PM

Here's a breakdown of how points are earned. I will probably put it on the top thread.

Proof of Participation (PoP)
Article comment: 4
Forum post: 4
Unique page view: 1
Magic word: 5
Post "like" received: 0.5
Newly registered (one time): 2
Note: comments, posts and "likes" have diminishing returns the more frequently they are done.

Proof of Quality (PoQ)
Published article: 25

Proof of Value (PoV)
Article pageview: 1
Article comment: 4

Affiliate Referrals
Active Referral: 10

If you have any questions about the breakdown, feel free to ask.

I've 3 questions actually

1. I can't find a releation between the above breakdown and how much you made few days ago

"I made 20,000 LTBcoin last week for listening to 6 podcasts, making 10 forum posts, and commenting on a few articles."

How the above numbers lead to 20,000 LTBcoin ?

2. Did you listen to podcasts ONLY or you entered the magic word ?

3. Could you elaborate more about the magic word please.

Thank you.

You have to listen to a podcast and at some time you will hear a magic word ... you have to enter that word here http://letstalkbitcoin.com/dashboard/magic-words

And that's pretty much everything you need to do!

And the podcast are really interesting!

Space for rent if its still trending
mikerbiker6

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 08:47:32 PM

Quote from: crackerhead on July 27, 2014, 09:51:57 PM
LTBcoin does not use computational mining. Instead, coins are distributed to the content creators, the community and the platform according to a fixed schedule.
The advantage is that no expensive mining has to be done to keep the transactions secure. LTBc is build on the BTC blockchain and is therefore secured by the massive hashrate of bitcoin miners. This disadvantage is that the devs control all coins. You have to trust the devs to deliver on their promise to distribute the coins.

Participate and Earn on the Letstalkbitcoin forum letstalkbitcoin.com
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 09:02:29 PM

The last magic word is almost impossible to hear, here is the podcast:

http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/beyond-bitcoin-11-the-nxt-economy

If someone can understand what is he saying let me know!

"headuponus" "hippopotamus" "haveabonus" what is that?
crackerhead (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 09:36:37 PM

Hmm, it's that podcasters first time using a magic word, guess he needs more practice  Grin

I haven't listened to it yet, but when I do I'll PM you. We don't want to post it here so everyone can see.

NEM.io         blog.NEM.io        r/ourNEM
Fakhoury
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Permabull Bitcoin Investor

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 09:37:13 PM

Currently MadMoneyMachine, Bitcoins and Gravy and Let's Talk Bitcoin! all are using Magic Words.

Quote from:  Satoshi Nakamoto
Feb. 14, 2010: I’m sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume.
Fakhoury
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 09:39:28 PM

That is 10 posts per day, comments and forum posts all count as the same, so if you have 7 forum posts, and 3 article posts, you will have your 10 post that day.

Is that what you were asking?
Ask away, I'm sure other people are wondering the same things, but just haven't asked.

Thank you for all of your answers.

Regarding the 2nd question, how did you know that the max. is 10 posts per day whatever they are forum one/article one or combainatoon of both ?

When I looked at the PoP google doc, yes, I saw that table where it stops at 10 posts per day which will get you 14.6 PoP, but is that table the reason why you said the max. is 10 ?

Thanks

I saw this being discussed on the LTB forum, but after searching this morning, I can't find the discussion. I have messaged adam regarding this, and I will let you know the exact details when I hear back from him.

Don't forget me please Smiley

Feb. 14, 2010: I’m sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume.
crackerhead (OP)

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 10:11:38 PM

That is 10 posts per day, comments and forum posts all count as the same, so if you have 7 forum posts, and 3 article posts, you will have your 10 post that day.

Ask away, I'm sure other people are wondering the same things, but just haven't asked.

Regarding the 2nd question, how did you know that the max. is 10 posts per day whatever they are forum one/article one or combainatoon of both ?

When I looked at the PoP google doc, yes, I saw that table where it stops at 10 posts per day which will get you 14.6 PoP, but is that table the reason why you said the max. is 10 ?

Thanks

I saw this being discussed on the LTB forum, but after searching this morning, I can't find the discussion. I have messaged adam regarding this, and I will let you know the exact details when I hear back from him.

Don't worry, I didn't forget:

So I apologize, I was wrong, there is no limit on how much PoP you can earn in a day, just the amount you earn diminishes for every post. Below is the amount you would earn if you made 10-20 posts in a day

11: 15.1
12: 15.5
13: 15.9
14: 16.2
15: 16.6
16: 16.9
17: 17.2
18: 17.4
19: 17.7
20: 17.9

Sorry about the misinformation, I will make sure to be more accurate in the future.
PS feel free to check my math, I did this fast, also I rounded up to make it more simple.

Fakhoury
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:20:41 PM

Thanks

So I apologize, I was wrong, there is no limit on how much PoP you can earn in a day, just the amount you earn diminishes for every post. Below is the amount you would earn if you made 10-20 posts in a day

Sorry about the misinformation, I will make sure to be more accurate in the future.
PS feel free to check my math, I did this fast, also I rounded up to make it more simple.

No problem, we all make mistakes, it's ok Smiley

Is this adam's reply ? If not, can you share adam's reply please ?

Thank you.

crackerhead (OP)

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 12:53:08 AM

Thank you.

From adam,
There is no limit on what you can earn but the more you do per day the less each further action is worth

Fakhoury
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 12:58:22 AM

Thank you.

From adam,
There is no limit on what you can earn but the more you do per day the less each further action is worth

Thanks for conforming.

crackerhead (OP)

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 02:06:40 AM

Quote from: crackerhead on July 27, 2014, 09:51:57 PM
LTBcoin does not use computational mining. Instead, coins are distributed to the content creators, the community and the platform according to a fixed schedule.
The advantage is that no expensive mining has to be done to keep the transactions secure. LTBc is build on the BTC blockchain and is therefore secured by the massive hashrate of bitcoin miners. This disadvantage is that the devs control all coins. You have to trust the devs to deliver on their promise to distribute the coins.

Unfortunately, in order to distribute coins in this matter, someone has to be in charge of them. Luckily every weekly distribution is completely transparent.
http://letstalkbitcoin.com/ltbcoin-stats
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GzytNblMx8xBmUczX7sPC8QitkJrrRirNrh2AJtjy1Q/edit?pli=1#gid=508171322

I can't speak for adam, but he has a great reputation, and a lot to lose if he ran off with all the LTBcoin (also, it would make his LTBcoin nearly worthless).

Fakhoury
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 02:31:34 AM

I want to ask something please, crackerhead, as you seem to like Math like me, but please, ultra focus.

Lets use that conversion you made

1. If we multiplied 17.9 (PoP earned at base 5 for the 20 posts) times 5 it will equal 89.5, so now the 20 posts have 89.5 points.

2. If we multiplied 89.5 times 100 (LTBc / Point from my mind, which is similar to the ones of the past week, I got this from here http://letstalkbitcoin.com/ltbcoin-stats) this will equal 8950, now we know the value of each point's in terms of ltbcoin

3. If we multiplied 8950 times 20 (number of posts), it will equal to 179000 (the summation of ltbcoins for each point)

Is this right ?

crackerhead (OP)

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 05:21:02 AM

I want to ask something please, crackerhead, as you seem to like Math like me, but please, ultra focus.

1. If we multiplied 17.9 (PoP earned at base 5 for the 20 posts) times 5 it will equal 89.5, so now the 20 posts have 89.5 points.

2. If we multiplied 89.5 times 100 (LTBc / Point from my mind, which is similar to the ones of the past week, I got this from here http://letstalkbitcoin.com/ltbcoin-stats) this will equal 8950, now we know the value of each point's in terms of ltbcoin

3. If we multiplied 8950 times 20 (number of posts), it will equal to 179000 (the summation of ltbcoins for each point)

Is this right ?

Sorry, I think I have had a bit too much wine tonight, to focus too hard  Grin

Starting with step 1 though, I don't understand why you multiplied by 5. Yes 1 comment would give you 5 PoS points, but 20 will only give you 17.9, not 89.5

I guess I don't understand exactly what you are trying to calculate. Why multiply 8950 by 20, and what do you think that 179,000 represents?

Maybe I am more drunk than I think, but I am quite confused  Tongue Grin

crackerhead (OP)

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 05:32:05 AM

Hey guys, the podcast host of beyond bitcoin said there is no magic word for Beyond Bitcoin - 11 - The NXT Economy
Sorry about that guys, he did say he will have a magic word in the next one though, here is what he said:

Legendface66 • an hour ago
sorry guys, did not submit the word. Couldn't figure it out and I was already late on the episode so I didn't want to edit, remaster and reupload. Now that I see people are into this I'll endeavour to not only get it right but also make it difficult, esoteric and interesting. That means you shouldn't expect to get every one :-)

oh, and also to e-nun-ci-ate :-/

It is still worth checking out his podcast though. I personally find the Beyond Bitcoin podcasts very interesting.

serje
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:01:49 AM

Hey guys, the podcast host of beyond bitcoin said there is no magic word for Beyond Bitcoin - 11 - The NXT Economy
Sorry about that guys, he did say he will have a magic word in the next one though, here is what he said:

sorry guys, did not submit the word. Couldn't figure it out and I was already late on the episode so I didn't want to edit, remaster and reupload. Now that I see people are into this I'll endeavour to not only get it right but also make it difficult, esoteric and interesting. That means you shouldn't expect to get every one :-)

It is still worth checking out his podcast though. I personally find the Beyond Bitcoin podcasts very interesting.

I don't have a magic word since 25 july .... anyone here share the same problem?

crackerhead (OP)

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 06:28:02 AM

I don't have a magic word since 25 july .... anyone here share the same problem?

Not having that problem, here is when I had my last magic word:
Let's Talk Bitcoin #131 A Potent Combination July 29, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Are you not hearing the magic word in the podcast? Or are you having an issue submitting the magic word?

serje
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 07:10:18 AM

Are you not hearing the magic word in the podcast? Or are you having an issue submitting the magic word?

I hear the magic word on this show MMM S02E09: A Comedy of Errors   Blog Post   July 25, 2014 at 11:22 PM

but didn't heard of another magic word since then ... will try to listen to it more carefully not while playing LoL! Smiley

crackerhead (OP)

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 07:40:29 AM

I hear the magic word on this show MMM S02E09: A Comedy of Errors   Blog Post   July 25, 2014 at 11:22 PM

but didn't heard of another magic word since then ... will try to listen to it more carefully not while playing LoL! Smiley

Haha yeah they are there, I promise  Grin

mikerbiker6

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 09:03:53 AM

Is this right ?
the points are cumulative:
You get 5 points for the 1st post, then 2.5 for the 2nd, and so on. So the total after 20 posts is 17.9 pop.
Is that what you mean?

Participate and Earn on the Letstalkbitcoin forum letstalkbitcoin.com
Fakhoury
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 12:50:32 PM

1st multiplication was for getting the total points for 20 posts

2nd one was for getting how much total sum of ltbcoins for that 89.5 points

3rd one was for knowing how much ltbcoins you will get for 20 posts

because, if you multiplied the result of the 3rd equation which is 179000 with the price of ltbcoin, and converted that number to btc then to usd, to will see a realistic number.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: