Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:16:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: monero vs BBR ?  (Read 2730 times)
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:10:16 PM

If it has fixed the bloat issue + GUI, I now wonder why the coin isn't more popular than it is.
these things take time to get around  Smiley

the name is silly which probably is why there aren't any 250 btc walls hanging around, but zoidberg is working hard at improving the important parts.

I wonder if they have given any thought to a name change (yet again)?

It's weird to think that they chose a name that really works against them. It is hard to take a coin seriously when it sounds like a brand of odd cereal.

Keep BBR if they want... just come up with something a bit more professional sounding?
mineshaft

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 03:13:50 PM

BBR has no chance! Monero to the Moon!
bingopoint

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 03:31:41 PM

Monero will win this race! For sure.
dompsairs

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 04:00:47 PM

Monero is the objectively superior coin man, dont get scammed.
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 05:41:53 PM

Not trying to spread FUD, but DAMN, that BBR graph looks like a serious falling knife to try to catch.

I plan to buy 10x as much BBR each time it drops by a factor of 10.  In between those times I will have acquired a much larger number of XMR, however.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 07:51:26 PM

This is the most bizarre string of newbie accounts and postings I've ever seen. Is someone trying to set Monero up for a shill accusation?

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1107

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 08:19:49 PM

This is the most bizarre string of newbie accounts and postings I've ever seen. Is someone trying to set Monero up for a shill accusation?

...or monero is just sucking up newbs like a Spaceballs sized vacuum cleaner.

suck...Suck...SUCK...SUCK!
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 09:09:07 PM

Maybe they're just fans. Perhaps they saw the naked pictures of me that got posted online. That would explain it.

tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 11:32:34 PM

Not trying to spread FUD, but DAMN, that BBR graph looks like a serious falling knife to try to catch.

I plan to buy 10x as much BBR each time it drops by a factor of 10.  In between those times I will have acquired a much larger number of XMR, however.

Ditto. My recent strategy too.  Grin
Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 09:09:24 PM

Ditto. My recent strategy too.  Grin

How many successive drops are you anticipating? macbook will be cheaper than entire market cap on 2 more..

tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 12:08:21 AM

I plan to buy 10x as much BBR each time it drops by a factor of 10.  In between those times I will have acquired a much larger number of XMR, however.

Ditto. My recent strategy too.  Grin

How many successive drops are you anticipating? macbook will be cheaper than entire market cap on 2 more..

Not sure. I am almost happy to have missed the news around BBR, mainly due to the name when it was announced, to now being able to accumulate BBR  Smiley. Almost a month later I am a bit more informed after completely neglecting it. I don't know if a new chain was needed entirely, but I like the advancements being made by zoidberg with his project.

My dream is tacotime and zoidberg working together, but alas that is not happening it seems  Cry

For me the coins are about developers. I don't pay attention to marketing and gimmicks or world domination of a single coin system.

Evan@Darkcoin, tacotime@Monero and zoidberg@BBR are as cool as they get.
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 05:03:50 AM

I will switch to base e soon.

Someone bought 100k bbr and an hour later the price was lower than before.  Coin is looking terminally I'll now.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: