Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:17:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Universal-Wallet] Coinomi (BIP44 compatible)  (Read 26460 times)
jyap

Activity: 328
Merit: 525

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2015, 05:12:01 AM

Is there a downloadable version of this that doesn't use Github?  I can't compile codes at all, and would be really nice to use a wallet like this.

It's on the Google Play App Store.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stellargratis

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 07:02:21 AM

Is there a downloadable version of this that doesn't use Github?  I can't compile codes at all, and would be really nice to use a wallet like this.

It's on the Google Play App Store.

Many bitcoiner like this.........
 Wink Wink Wink
disamsal

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 10:32:14 AM

it will be such a great thing once it has 50+ different coins
Raimonn
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 02:01:28 PM

Will be nice to have all the crypto-coins on the same wallet. Now we have lot of wallets for different coins.
Beefheart

Activity: 217

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 10:26:52 AM
Last edit: October 12, 2015, 02:25:25 PM by Beefheart

I've been having trouble sending BTC (other alt. coins work) the last couple days. Keep getting "error broadcasting transaction" prompt. Is it the wallet? malleable attack on the Blockchain? Any info is appreciated!

Brian

**update: I did a recovery, lost 0.012 BTC in the process, but it works now... I'll be sticking to my Blockchain wallet to store some BTC on my phone from now on. Not cool!**
jyap

Activity: 328
Merit: 525

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2015, 05:20:43 PM

it will be such a great thing once it has 50+ different coins

Don't forget that your favorite coin and coin developer needs to put in the work to have the coin integrated with Coinomi. I have done this work for Jumbucks and run the necessary Electrum servers.

Beefheart

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 09:18:09 PM

any chance this wallet is available for a Windows PC?
Indianacoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 09:31:49 AM

It would be great if these features are added where I can import my paper wallet having my private keys in these formats: WIF, WIFC, HEX, B64, B6, MINI, BIP38. Also add the feature where I can import my "brain wallets" too. Have a look into https://www.bitaddress.org to know more about the above mentioned formats.
BTW, this wallet is a complete solution for having multi-wallets alongwith the inter-coins exchange via Shapeshift! I really appreciate it Cheesy
Beefheart

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 12:34:11 AM

the "real-time value" for CannabisCoin seems to be wrong (no I'm not high  Wink )
CryptoWiz420

Activity: 564
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2015, 02:03:17 AM

Can you add Turbostake to this?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1203357.0

Get PUNZ now
PUNZ: Making Crypto Great Again. Swap Many Coins To Punz, FREE!
Indianacoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 06:39:25 AM

I think Coinomi is experiencing a problem regarding syncing of Bitcoin transactions! The new transactions aren't being shown on the app still after doing several refreshes. While I can see it on Blockchain easily on searching my wallets extended public key (xpub). OP, please fix this issue as soon as possible since it becomes hectic to check for newer transactions via Blockchain! Then what's the use of this app right ?! BTW, I'm not experiencing this problem with altcoins!
lionelpaul

Activity: 49
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2015, 12:25:29 AM

I think Coinomi is experiencing a problem regarding syncing of Bitcoin transactions! The new transactions aren't being shown on the app still after doing several refreshes. While I can see it on Blockchain easily on searching my wallets extended public key (xpub). OP, please fix this issue as soon as possible since it becomes hectic to check for newer transactions via Blockchain! Then what's the use of this app right ?! BTW, I'm not experiencing this problem with altcoins!

Same here. Completely stuck... Sometimes the wallet shows "0" for my balance, sometimes the proper balance but then the app is totally frozen... Quite scary... Too bad, as it was a nice app. Hope it will be solved soon.

There is only one Bitcoin (BTC).
Coinomi

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2015, 11:31:40 PM

what's the criteria for new coins? how do you add them?

great wallet by the way Smiley

Appreciate the love Smiley

There is a DIY process in place for adding new coins to Coinomi: https://coinomi.com/AddingSupportForANewCurrency/
Coinomi

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2015, 11:39:07 PM

Hi! How about some (front)page with total balance? It would be handy.

That is a great idea, we'll make sure to include it in one of our upcoming releases, thanks!
Coinomi

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2015, 11:47:59 PM

Coinomi is going live tonight! Stay tuned!

can we also get other coins into the wallet?
i understand u dont want new ones but theres plenty old that would like it Wink

You definitely can, all you have to do is follow the instructions here: https://coinomi.com/AddingSupportForANewCurrency/, we welcome all coins.
Coinomi

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2015, 11:56:54 PM

It would be great if these features are added where I can import my paper wallet having my private keys in these formats: WIF, WIFC, HEX, B64, B6, MINI, BIP38. Also add the feature where I can import my "brain wallets" too. Have a look into https://www.bitaddress.org to know more about the above mentioned formats.
BTW, this wallet is a complete solution for having multi-wallets alongwith the inter-coins exchange via Shapeshift! I really appreciate it Cheesy

Thank you for the great comments and the very useful remarks, we have already scheduled to introduce more formats in one of the upcoming releases, thanks!
Coinomi

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2015, 12:03:18 AM

Definitely, however it won't be before we release the iOS version.
Coinomi

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2015, 12:17:25 AM

Will be very hard for you decide - which altcoins include in the wallet. There are so many altcoins  Wink

We welcome all kind of legitimate coins.
Coinomi

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2015, 12:27:06 AM

You can add Turbostake to Coinomi simply by following these instructions: https://coinomi.com/AddingSupportForANewCurrency/
erasmospunk (OP)

Activity: 50

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2015, 12:37:11 AM

Hi all,

First of all, I have to apologize, I don't follow bitcointalk often but will try to come here more often!

So about your tech questions:

Does Coinami support POS only Coins? I notice that BlackCoin is a part of Coinami but if able to integrate a POS only Coin, will it Stake?

What kind of server setup is needed for trusted nodes?

Do you offer support for setup and integration for payment in btc?

How do upgrades and potential hardforks come into play?

Coinomi can support POS coins but it cannot stake. The reason is that to verify that a block signer can actually sign the block it needs the full UTXO set that can be several MB in size. One solution is for the POS coins to create delegate keys for the actual staking (but not spending) and leave the master keys in the lightweight wallet.

The trusted servers are plain electrum servers in some cases modified a bit to support each coin.

For the payed integration you can send us to support at coinomi.com.

The hardforks are tricky business because we need to manually update the underlying peer-to-peer node. Fortunately the forks are rare (except in Dash) and the developers usually inform us about it.

what's the criteria for new coins? how do you add them?

If it has a good community and market cap we will probably add it ourselves (for non-BTC clones it will take more time). For very small coins, the developers usually create pull requests and host their own electrum servers. Most of the time I personally redesign the icon of the coin to match the existing style of the application. Read here for more info.

You don't have to. The link that leads to github has a downloadable APK usually named as coinomi-vX.Y.Z.apk

Quote from: Beefheart
I've been having trouble sending BTC (other alt. coins work) the last couple days. Keep getting "error broadcasting transaction" prompt. Is it the wallet? malleable attack on the Blockchain? Any info is appreciated!

Brian

**update: I did a recovery, lost 0.012 BTC in the process, but it works now... I'll be sticking to my Blockchain wallet to store some BTC on my phone from now on. Not cool!**

the "real-time value" for CannabisCoin seems to be wrong (no I'm not high  Wink )

Brian, you should not have lost those coins because they are accessed with your recovery phrase. I think that when you created your wallet you enabled BIP39 passphrase on your recovery phrase and when restoring didn't input it so the wallet was empty. The "error broadcasting transaction" could be caused by a bug. Could you send us to support at coinomi.com to try to debug this issue?

Yes, we would like to release a desktop version once we get more traction!

Regarding the rate, it is not realtime but exponentially smoothed i.e. averaged. This has the effect of the price lagging from the real-time rate but it will not erratically jump up & down if the exchange has a big spread.

Same here. Completely stuck... Sometimes the wallet shows "0" for my balance, sometimes the proper balance but then the app is totally frozen... Quite scary... Too bad, as it was a nice app. Hope it will be solved soon.

Do you still have this problem? Could you send us a message to support at coinomi.com to debug this issue?

If you have backed up your recovery phrase (and if enabled, your BIP39 passphrase) your coins are completely safe because your addresses are generated deterministically from it.

Thank you all for your comments and ideas.

Sincerely,

John L. Jegutanis
Founder and CTO of Coinomi
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: