Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:14:00 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Universal-Wallet] Coinomi (BIP44 compatible)  (Read 26463 times)
Coinomi

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2016, 02:02:14 PM

Which must have a coin for be supported by coinami? is it algo independent? thanks for bring us this amazing project to altcoin users

We are open to all legitimate coins. Coinomi can support different algos, however in some cases extra customization might be necessary in order to utilize the full spectrum of an algorithm's capabilities.

is there a way for me to get my funds out if you, for some reason, get shut down?

We don't hold any funds, all keys (therefore all funds) are located in your device and never leave it so even if get shut down there's nothing to worry about.

Hello how long to wait if exchange inside wallet? I thought its instant??
I convert my doge to btc.. but never arrive my payment..
Anyone can help?

We are sorry that your exchange didn't go through right away however there's nothing to worry about in terms of losing your funds, please advise this article: https://shapeshift.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202585582-What-happens-if-my-transaction-doesn-t-go-through-
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2016, 05:49:56 AM

Which must have a coin for be supported by coinami? is it algo independent? thanks for bring us this amazing project to altcoin users

We are open to all legitimate coins. Coinomi can support different algos, however in some cases extra customization might be necessary in order to utilize the full spectrum of an algorithm's capabilities.

is there a way for me to get my funds out if you, for some reason, get shut down?

We don't hold any funds, all keys (therefore all funds) are located in your device and never leave it so even if get shut down there's nothing to worry about.

Hello how long to wait if exchange inside wallet? I thought its instant??
I convert my doge to btc.. but never arrive my payment..
Anyone can help?

We are sorry that your exchange didn't go through right away however there's nothing to worry about in terms of losing your funds, please advise this article: https://shapeshift.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202585582-What-happens-if-my-transaction-doesn-t-go-through-

but how do I extract the keys? is there an option?

Coinomi

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2016, 11:19:02 AM

You can extract your keys by entering your seed phrase to this tool: https://coinomi.com/recovery-phrase-tool.html
It runs locally on your browser so there's no information sent across the internet.
favdesu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2016, 11:21:12 AM

You can extract your keys by entering your seed phrase to this tool: https://coinomi.com/recovery-phrase-tool.html
It runs locally on your browser so there's no information sent across the internet.

really nice, thank you! so in theory I could use my nubit key in the app and on my desktop client?

Coinomi

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2016, 12:59:40 PM

really nice, thank you! so in theory I could use my nubit key in the app and on my desktop client?

You could, although sharing keys across HD and non-HD wallets could cause adverse effects when spending the outputs controlled by these keys from the non-HD wallet.
favdesu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2016, 01:23:09 PM

You could, although sharing keys across HD and non-HD wallets could cause adverse effects when spending the outputs controlled by these keys from the non-HD wallet.

mh... makes sense. so it's best to use this to retrieve funds in case of an emergency... still a great feature! thanks for your input

Indianacoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 02:29:08 PM

Can you add ANTIBitcoin to your wallet? Here is their announcement thread --- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1283271.0
Since it is a POS (Proof of Stake) coin so can you add the staking feature to it as well? It will serve both the purpose of the coin Smiley

Did the Namecoin Blockchain crashed recently? I cannot see my coins in the respective wallet! Huh

Also I had requested you to add the feature of importing paper wallet's private keys long time back (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=713649.msg12674219#msg12674219) but no update has been made to that till now. Sad Hope you add it soon. Smiley
Coinomi

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 04:10:14 PM

Can you add ANTIBitcoin to your wallet? Here is their announcement thread --- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1283271.0
Since it is a POS (Proof of Stake) coin so can you add the staking feature to it as well? It will serve both the purpose of the coin Smiley

All you have to do to incorporate ANTIBitcoin into Coinomi is follow these instructions: https://coinomi.com/AddingSupportForANewCurrency/.

Staking is not available yet, although it might be supported in the future.

Did the Namecoin Blockchain crashed recently? I cannot see my coins in the respective wallet! Huh

We just checked the Namecoin servers and everything is working smoothly. If you still cannot see your coins please send us more details at: support@coinomi.com

Also I had requested you to add the feature of importing paper wallet's private keys long time back (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=713649.msg12674219#msg12674219) but no update has been made to that till now. Sad Hope you add it soon. Smiley

Importing standard keys will be available in one of our upcoming versions.
Beefheart

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 05:55:45 AM
Last edit: January 14, 2016, 06:25:36 AM by Beefheart

may be a dumb question... I have my wallet set to generate a new receiving address for each transaction. Do the addresses ever "expire"? (i.e. can I save one in another wallet's address book (Electrum) to be able to send back to the Coinomi?)

Also, when restoring a wallet, what is a "BIP39 passphrase"? Who would/wouldn't want to use it?
Indianacoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 06:34:15 AM

I have my wallet set to generate a new receiving address for each transaction. Do the addresses ever "expire"? (i.e. can I save one in another wallet's address book (Electrum) to be able to send back to the Coinomi?)

No. your addresses will never expire and all your addresses will be bind together by a single master public key (xPub key) and is secured by the master private key which is the passphrase shown after opening the app for the first time.

But you cannot import Coinomi's recovery phrase on Electrum. I tried it before but it never worked. Maybe my passphrase was password protected or Electrum couldn't recognize the pattern of the phrase.

Also, when restoring a wallet, what is a "BIP39 passphrase"? Who would/wouldn't want to use it?

BIP-39 is an added layer of security where your passphrase is protected by another password of your choice so that when you import it you will have to enter that password also otherwise it will not import. But this feature is not available on Coinomi yet. They will be adding it in their next update hopefully Smiley

Importing standard keys will be available in one of our upcoming versions.
Beefheart

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 06:44:50 AM

Thanks for the info!
favdesu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 05:27:41 PM

Is there an ETA on ethereum add?

notaek
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 05:58:56 PM

Right, well I loved Coinomi until today. I wake up to check my funds and the Bitcoin part of Coinomi has given me a NEW address and the NEW address doesn't have my old funds. When I check my PREVIOUS ADDRESSES it doesn't say the actual amount in it. Blockchain.info states the correct amount.

What is going on? The fact that I have been given a NEW address has now stuffed up all my incomes streams. Can someone please tell me what is going on?

EDIT:
I just read the above posts...I don't want new addresses. Plus the new address I was allocated doesn't have correct amount showing. How can I fix this?

EDIT 2:
Ok, finally got my amount showing up after opening and closing it a few times and going in and out of settings. Now with my OLD address, will this still be 100% functional and accept payments forever?

You can swap on addresses tab for each cryptos and you'll be shown the list of previously used addresses. If you don't want to be anonymous then you can continue using them as long as you wish to. You won't lose any coins since all addresses are/will be tied up with the unique master key of your app.

Ponchero

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 10:42:29 PM

I read the whole thread, but I dont get it. I forgot my password so I initiated a recovery (I have my recovery passphrase) but my coins still do not reappear? PLease help!
Beefheart

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 11:34:52 PM

I read the whole thread, but I dont get it. I forgot my password so I initiated a recovery (I have my recovery passphrase) but my coins still do not reappear? PLease help!

I've had the same issue before (as have others it seems in this thread... any idea the reasoning? It is VERY unnerving!!), and in my experience it seems once you do a recovery, sometimes all of your coins do not reappear until the next block is introduced into the blockchain.  However they have ALWAYS reappeared in my wallet. Please update if your correct balance doesn't come back.
Ponchero

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 11:52:26 PM

Yes it is unnerving! I did a recovery several times now and its been more than 8 hours! And I saved my recovery passphrase well, for this exact situation.
Ponchero

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 09:58:52 AM

Hey Coinomi, can someone help me out here. I had a significant amount of coins on the wallet. I felt very secure because I kept my recovery passphrase saved securely. Now when I use it my coins dont appear! I did not put a bip39 password on the recovery passphrase and I checked the explorer on one of my alts addresses and the coins are there. Coinomi this is really frustrating, I have my recovery passphrase!!
favdesu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 10:40:46 AM

Hey Coinomi, can someone help me out here. I had a significant amount of coins on the wallet. I felt very secure because I kept my recovery passphrase saved securely. Now when I use it my coins dont appear! I did not put a bip39 password on the recovery passphrase and I checked the explorer on one of my alts addresses and the coins are there. Coinomi this is really frustrating, I have my recovery passphrase!!

you got the recovery phrase wrong I'd say. moved recently to a new mobile and it worked without a problem

Ponchero

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 01:22:24 PM

That is not the case, I saved my recovery passphrase very carefully and inputted it very carefully several times about 24 hours ago. Did your coins appear instantly?
favdesu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 01:36:28 PM

That is not the case, I saved my recovery passphrase very carefully and inputted it very carefully several times about 24 hours ago. Did your coins appear instantly?

yep, the app started immediately with the recovering of transaction history

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: