Bitcoin Forum
August 04, 2024, 04:25:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2014-07-28] Real-time self-government in the cryptocurrency frontier: The altco  (Read 549 times)
cescan (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 05:03:45 AM

http://www.enterstageright.com/archive/articles/0714/cryptocurrencyp2.htm

The odd thing about this fellow was that he was almost childlike in his guilelessness. He seemed absolutely oblivious to the fact that, to someone familiar with securities law, he came across as a ‘Hood denizen who announced himself to his Project neighbours as the friendly neighbourhood burglar. "Glad to know you! And since we're friends, the first heist's on me. Any time you need a new TV, just knock on my door."

As the thread grew, Mr. Pumper got mostly supportive and gimme-a-tip comments - until an indignant fellow posted with a complaint. It started off with the demand that Mr. Pumper should refund the losses endured by his miniscule band of followers. Lest you think that this outraged complaint was a normalcy break, the rest of the thread revealed that…Mr. Outraged felt that Mr. Pumper owed his fans a "refund" because Mr. Pumper was too incompetent to run a proper pump-and-dump operation!

aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:07:04 PM

Fascinating piece. Thanks for posting. I'm intrigued that the author put soooo much effort into it for what must be a tiny readership. I read it right after reading the vacuous "Dear John" BTC hit piece from the NY Post in today's Press section. What a contrast in both form and content. Interesting times!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: