Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:41:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dollar is truly bottoming  (Read 4103 times)
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 04:38:37 PM

I don't really believe in a dollar collapse scenareo. I think the best scenareo is for fiat to take 50% of a persons saving and Bitcoin or "gold 2.0" take 50% of the rest of the wealth. Duality is everything. There will always be a government in power pushing FIAT into people.

The expected dollar collapse is disadvantageous for all major financial players since it will cause disintegration of global economy with a significant fall in the standard of living throughout the world. What may sooner happen (and is actually happening right now) are currency wars, a condition where countries are competing to get a relatively low exchange rate for their own currency besides other countries' moneys (also known as competitive devaluation).
Jamacn

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 03:03:49 AM

This is a golden opportunity to put dollars into bitcoins, then wait dollar rebounded back to transfer back
twiifm

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 03:45:17 AM

This is a golden opportunity to put dollars into bitcoins, then wait dollar rebounded back to transfer back

No opposite.   When dollar is cheap and bitcoin is expensive you buy dollars and sell bitcoins.   Then do the reverse when dollar is expensive and bitcoin is cheap.

Basic buy low sell / high theory
bittown

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 06:25:06 AM

I will sell when we will be close to the peak, the next should be around 3000$ / 4500$ according to the charts.
marife01

Activity: 162

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 06:36:52 AM

Dollar was going up and down but I do not think that it will be ending in the bottom of all the currencies. That will result to lots of conflicts as it will also affect the economies of other countries, not just the US.
Mobius

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 08:41:47 PM

I don't really believe in a dollar collapse scenareo. I think the best scenareo is for fiat to take 50% of a persons saving and Bitcoin or "gold 2.0" take 50% of the rest of the wealth. Duality is everything. There will always be a government in power pushing FIAT into people.

The expected dollar collapse is disadvantageous for all major financial players since it will cause disintegration of global economy with a significant fall in the standard of living throughout the world. What may sooner happen (and is actually happening right now) are currency wars, a condition where countries are competing to get a relatively low exchange rate for their own currency besides other countries' moneys (also known as competitive devaluation).
This competitive devaluation is essentially happening now as most central banks are doing some kind of QE now. I do not however see the value of any major fiat currency spiraling downward as it would create too many economic problems for other countries. 
verlosser89

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 05:08:08 PM

when the dollar bottomed we saw some dramatic changes in many other markets.
putting equity in good use, is one way to avoid this markets... and wait till dollar comeback!  Kiss
tee-rex

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 06:32:49 PM

Dollar was going up and down but I do not think that it will be ending in the bottom of all the currencies. That will result to lots of conflicts as it will also affect the economies of other countries, not just the US.

Presently dollar (I mean USDX index) is at a few years' highs, so the rumors of its early demise are greatly exaggerated.
wealthy$

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 12:15:08 PM

i don't get that question you are asking.

oceans

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 03:37:56 PM

I can not see the dollar hitting the bottom to be honest, it may seem that way sometimes but in all honesty if it did there would be a lot of problems. If it were hit the bottom though I really don't think there is anything that can be done about it. Preventing it before it happens is the wise decision.
onlyu

Activity: 165

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 03:44:50 PM

I can not see the dollar hitting the bottom to be honest, it may seem that way sometimes but in all honesty if it did there would be a lot of problems. If it were hit the bottom though I really don't think there is anything that can be done about it. Preventing it before it happens is the wise decision.

Dollar "appears" to be bottoming for people who own property. Hard to see dollar to go "up" compare to property.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:05:24 PM

Dollar "appears" to be bottoming for people who own property. Hard to see dollar to go "up" compare to property.

We had plunging property prices, not so long ago. History repeats itself quite often.
troisky

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:08:57 PM

so can anyone guess a dollar collapse date
botany
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 05:00:48 PM

It's going to be a long drawn process, not a particular date.  Smiley
tee-rex

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 05:03:32 PM

But this process of dollar decline should evidently have a start date, right? Or are we already in?
realbtcdealers4real

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 06:10:14 PM

so what is BTC price on a dead dollar scenareo?  Huh
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 06:21:06 PM

It's going to be a long drawn process, not a particular date.  Smiley

so what is BTC price on a dead dollar scenareo?  Huh
Why would it matter? Are you planning to exchange to USD if the dollar collapses?

Price BTC not USD if you're going to answer this.

The price could go to $10,000,000/BTC, but It could still have the purchasing power of $600.

It may go up, it may go down. It will probably go up.
botany
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 02:20:17 AM

It's going to be a long drawn process, not a particular date.  Smiley

so what is BTC price on a dead dollar scenareo?  Huh
Why would it matter? Are you planning to exchange to USD if the dollar collapses?

Price BTC not USD if you're going to answer this.

The price could go to $10,000,000/BTC, but It could still have the purchasing power of $600.

It may go up, it may go down. It will probably go up.

We should probably start looking at the price of a McD burger in BTC. Cheesy
http://www.economist.com/content/big-mac-index

marife01

Activity: 162

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 06:15:25 AM

I think that it is really hard to tell or predict.
tee-rex

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 11:05:51 AM

so what is BTC price on a dead dollar scenareo?  Huh

This can be easily calculated (and I know for sure that this has already been done here) if we know the amount of dollars in circulation, and the number of bitcoins minted so far. As a first approximation, you can divide one number (that is dollars) by another (bitcoins) and get the virtual exchange rate. Wink
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: