Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:51:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: onchain.io is looking for multi sig escrow agents ($$$)  (Read 979 times)
onchain.io (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 09:59:34 AM

Are you already running an escrow business on bitcointalk or looking to start your own business ?

I am looking for people who are able to broker large and small escrow deals on this forum.

onchain.io provides a an easy to use multi signature solution using an android app to sign for funds. The site will be launching very soon. https://www.onchain.io

You can read more about onchain.io here. https://www.onchain.io/blog/follow_this_bitcoin_startup_to_100k_in_monthly_revenue

https://i.imgur.com/wiyWTf5.png

How it would work for you clients.

1. You broker the deal in the normal way, however before payment is made you create a fund on onchain.io with your public key. (you can choose 2 of 3 or even 3 of 3).
2. You invite the other two parties to add their public keys.
3. onchain.io creates a multi sig address where the funds can be sent.
4. If the deal completes the parties can sign a transaction and the funds are released.

onchain.io does not have access to the funds, only the parties who created the multi sig address.

I will be selecting a number of agents to be added directly to the site. i.e. user would be able to select your public key from a drop down.

If you would like to apply please comment below, I would also appreciate people who sign up and use onchain to give me feedback below.

Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 09:00:28 PM

Looks cool.  I would be interested to be a part of your site Smiley
josef2000

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Bro, you need to try http://dadice.com

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 09:37:40 PM

I waited so long to see a service of this!!
I also want to start a business on it Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
rarkenin

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:50:24 PM

I would be interested at doing this with low fees, but I fear that I do not have enough trust in the community yet.
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:12:52 PM

I'm interested as well! Shoot me a PM with some further information.

onchain.io (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 08:47:41 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2014, 12:50:17 PM by onchain.io

I would be interested at doing this with low fees, but I fear that I do not have enough trust in the community yet.

onchain.io is trustless because we are creating genuine multi sig contracts. Only if 2 participants agree can the Bitcoins be spent. As an escrow agent you would not have access to the funds so participants only need to trust that you will mediate correctly.

Here's a presentation about how it all works for escrow.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1xh8VgjYtTZr6lZY3hJirrPiFUX9yJHx3ga3Ac-lDtO4/edit?usp=sharing
rarkenin

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 11:46:51 AM

In that case, I will be interested. Please send me a PM with further info.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 11:51:05 AM

Me too , i'd like to  partecipate.
onchain.io (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 12:55:14 PM

Probably the best thing to do is set up some example escrows.

For anyone interested PM me with 2 example email addresses you have access to, one of a buyer one of a seller. I'll create an escrow agreement.

When the agreement is created in onchain it will send out the invites to the 2 addresses ( and also to to me as I'll act as an escrow agent).

You can then see how the multi sig creation stuff works. I'll fund the bitcoins Smiley
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 01:08:59 PM

Probably the best thing to do is set up some example escrows.

For anyone interested PM me with 2 example email addresses you have access to, one of a buyer one of a seller. I'll create an escrow agreement.

When the agreement is created in onchain it will send out the invites to the 2 addresses ( and also to to me as I'll act as an escrow agent).

You can then see how the multi sig creation stuff works. I'll fund the bitcoins Smiley

I have sent you a pm with my personal email.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 02:40:54 PM

Each person MUST have an android smartphone?  Shocked. Might be a problem with apple users?
Also, should the escrow need to have good rep?  What if the buyerdecides to not sign the ssignature?  It would be up to the escrow, and happens if the escrow was a troll or an alt of the buyer???
rarkenin

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 07:34:15 PM

So the webapp is unacceptable for an escrower? I have a fairly secure computer (Linux+full disk encryption+physical security) but no working smartphone.
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 07:45:06 PM

So the webapp is unacceptable for an escrower? I have a fairly secure computer (Linux+full disk encryption+physical security) but no working smartphone.

I think that exist (currently) only an app for android phones , maybe in the future  it will be created an app for the iDevice  Wink .
onchain.io (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 07:43:03 AM

Each person MUST have an android smartphone?  Shocked. Might be a problem with apple users?
Also, should the escrow need to have good rep?  What if the buyerdecides to not sign the ssignature?  It would be up to the escrow, and happens if the escrow was a troll or an alt of the buyer???

iphone solution is in the pieline.

Collaboration between an escrow agent and the buyer or seller is always a risk. So reputation is important for an escrow agent, however with using multi sig it's easier to build a reputation, because your using the right tools int he first place.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: