Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:40:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Observations on prayers and miracles?  (Read 2639 times)
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 09:07:53 PM

I think that God in different religions and tradition is the same being, just people had different understanding and thinking who is God, based on their cultural and spiritual foundation and development.
In every culture and nation, in the time of need and despair, people was asking for spiritual help and guidance.
This never change.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 09:19:25 PM

I think that God in different religions and tradition is the same being, just people had different understanding and thinking who is God, based on their cultural and spiritual foundation and development.
In every culture and nation, in the time of need and despair, people was asking for spiritual help and guidance.
This never change.

Of course it has change, now when we are sick we go to the hospital where there is specialized people in health-care, we don't call the witch-doctor or a priest to pray away the disease...

poisenrang

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 10:28:42 PM

Ill give you some examples :

1) The world is an amazing place that we cannot fully explain.

That's all fine and well but because we are stupid and cant explain everything is hardly evidence for anything other than we are stupid.

2)  There are writings that say people spoke to god.  There are writings of (insert anything here)

Heresay of heresay.  Not evidence of anything.  Not even indirect evidence twice removed.

3)  Unexplainable (miracles) happen.

If unexplainable and seemingly impossible events NEVER happened, that might constitute evidence of god.  Statistics says the unexplainable should happen with a certain regularity.

Your turn.
  Got anything?Huh

ha ha ha, show me a picture of god please..
why don't you show us a picture of your soul?

soul is the same like GOD or something, we dont have a soul we have a heart, liver, stomach and shit:P

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 11:05:31 AM

http://web.med.harvard.edu/sites/RELEASES/html/3_31STEP.html

The STEP team, composed of investigators at six academic medical centers, including Baptist Memorial Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee; Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, Massachusetts; Integris Baptist Medical Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma; Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota; St. Joseph's Hospital in Tampa, Florida; Washington Hospital Center in Washington, D.C; and the Mind/Body Medical Institute, found that intercessory prayer had no effect on recovery from surgery without complications. The study also found that patients who knew they were receiving intercessory prayer fared worse. The paper appears in the April issue of American Heart Journal.
There are folk who can testify that they have had prayers answered.

Others testify that they have not - and lets face it, the testimonies do not conflict.  Unless you have some universal law you can point out that everyone or no one should get their prayers answered.
Which means...........nothing. 

If a billion people pray for shit....like food......and half a billion get food......were a half billion payers answered or did they just get food ?

It stands to reason that things peoplel want will sometimes come true all on their own.  Believing that god does this is the work of a feeble mind, not a superpower.

Still waiting for evidence.

noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 11:14:11 AM

Agnosticism is the view that the truth values of certain claims—especially claims about the existence or non-existence of any deity, as well as other religious and metaphysical claims—are unknown or unknowable.[\\

I am kidding no one when I say that everything you say about your god is unknown and unknowable, just as all other gods.  I believe all the religious beliefs likely to be untrue and purely a result of the evolution of intelligence as a trait, which does not preclude an unknown power in the universe that neither of un understand.

I think that is pretty clear.

I dont believe in your christian god. That doesnt make me an atheist.

Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 11:15:44 AM

People get sick and go to the doctor. At the same time people pray for the patient's health.
If the MD gives the patient medicine that causes the patient to get well, is that an answered prayer?

How many States have intervened on behalf of the children of Christian Scientists, sana?
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 08:20:37 PM

This never change.

Of course it has change, now when we are sick we go to the hospital where there is specialized people in health-care, we don't call the witch-doctor or a priest to pray away the disease...

That's because we are too stupid to realize that we don't know anything at all about our future, even one second into the future.

Think about Hiroshima and Nagasaki in WWII. People were walking down the street, others were in bed sleeping, some were at work... they were simply living life - fighting the war. Then BOOM, and they were merely shadows on the sidewalk.

Did those Japanese people even imagine that something like that could happen? They couldn't even believe it AFTER it happened! It was too big. They didn't know even one second into the future what would happen in their lives.

We aren't any different. Oh, we feel like we have some control over our lives. But the credit goes to God for giving us some stability. If the Japs had had the true God in their lives, Hiroshima and Nagasaki might not have happened.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
SHA255

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 05:46:44 AM

This never change.

This really is true. I think a lot of people just had good luck when their disease was "prayed away"
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: