Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:05:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Observations on prayers and miracles?  (Read 2639 times)
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:40:08 PM

Still misses the irony.  Sad.  Anyway, apparently threads here get noticed in some way I don't monitor.  Interesting.

But, if you really think you have a case there, rigon, you should note that in that (original) thread - only pointing out here the irony of you complaining about folk determining your intent.

There will be more examples forthcoming, no doubt.  Perhaps its best I point them out then in the thread where they are found.
I repeat.  Words have meaning .  I don't determine the meaning of words. sana wrote that the reason some Scandinavian liberal progressive countries are good in so many ways is because they don't have minorities.  Those words in that sentence have meaning that I did not infer.  If you choose not to accept the meaning of those words....that is another thing....but he wrote them.
zolace (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:43:23 PM

Still misses the irony.  Sad.  Anyway, apparently threads here get noticed in some way I don't monitor.  Interesting.

But, if you really think you have a case there, rigon, you should note that in that (original) thread - only pointing out here the irony of you complaining about folk determining your intent.

There will be more examples forthcoming, no doubt.  Perhaps its best I point them out then in the thread where they are found.
I repeat.  Words have meaning .  I don't determine the meaning of words. sana wrote that the reason some Scandinavian liberal progressive countries are good in so many ways is because they don't have minorities.  Those words in that sentence have meaning that I did not infer.  If you choose not to accept the meaning of those words....that is another thing....but he wrote them.
Fascinated by the 'zolace's interpretation is the only valid interpretation' approach.

Anyway, you still don't get it.  Your words have meaning also.

The question is whether you got the meaning correct.   Do you know what irony was being pointed out by her?  Whether you agree or not?

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
zolace (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:44:53 PM

Remember the movie "Children of a lesser God"? Their God was deaf. The truth is all Gods are deaf because the imaginary do not have ears.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:50:01 PM

Remember the movie "Children of a lesser God"? Their God was deaf. The truth is all Gods are deaf because the imaginary do not have ears.
why do you persist in this mindless "crusade"?  You have never presented anything supports your beliefs.
You have been proved 100% wrong at every turn.  Why continue?

If you believe clamping you hands over your ears and screaming, "IS NOT!"...... is an argument, then you are lost.

noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 09:17:23 AM

Let's talk about the Haiti Earthquake of 2010...

Yeah! More than 4 years ago.  About 250,000 people died intitially. Over 1 MILLION are dead.
People are still dying. Cholera and disease running ranpant... no clean water....

The majority of the population of Haiti were Christian!, zolace?

Where was your "creator" ?   Was his answer, "no"?

zolace (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 09:26:39 AM

Let's talk about the Haiti Earthquake of 2010...

Yeah! More than 4 years ago.  About 250,000 people died intitially. Over 1 MILLION are dead.
People are still dying. Cholera and disease running ranpant... no clean water....

The majority of the population of Haiti were Christian!, zolace?

Where was your "creator" ?   Was his answer, "no"?

First of all, good luck showing the majority of them were Christians.

And second - for a Christian, death is followed by the resurrection.   That right there is a major answer - to their prayer for forgiveness.

Why do you assume - and that is what you do - that God must answer prayer the way YOU want him to?  Your timetable, etc?   God answers prayer - but we are not talking a computer here.  A person.  Three Persons in One actually.

Check out Muller, or keep on hiding.  Frankly, for now, that is your choice.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
Gimpeline

Activity: 555
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 12:12:48 PM

http://web.med.harvard.edu/sites/RELEASES/html/3_31STEP.html

The STEP team, composed of investigators at six academic medical centers, including Baptist Memorial Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee; Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, Massachusetts; Integris Baptist Medical Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma; Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota; St. Joseph's Hospital in Tampa, Florida; Washington Hospital Center in Washington, D.C; and the Mind/Body Medical Institute, found that intercessory prayer had no effect on recovery from surgery without complications. The study also found that patients who knew they were receiving intercessory prayer fared worse. The paper appears in the April issue of American Heart Journal.
poisenrang

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 12:30:37 PM

Ill give you some examples :

1) The world is an amazing place that we cannot fully explain.

That's all fine and well but because we are stupid and cant explain everything is hardly evidence for anything other than we are stupid.

2)  There are writings that say people spoke to god.  There are writings of (insert anything here)

Heresay of heresay.  Not evidence of anything.  Not even indirect evidence twice removed.

3)  Unexplainable (miracles) happen.

If unexplainable and seemingly impossible events NEVER happened, that might constitute evidence of god.  Statistics says the unexplainable should happen with a certain regularity.

Your turn.
  Got anything?Huh

ha ha ha, show me a picture of god please..

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
pikabit

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 01:01:58 PM

If God exists then he doesnt give a fuck.
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 02:09:59 PM

http://web.med.harvard.edu/sites/RELEASES/html/3_31STEP.html

The STEP team, composed of investigators at six academic medical centers, including Baptist Memorial Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee; Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, Massachusetts; Integris Baptist Medical Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma; Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota; St. Joseph's Hospital in Tampa, Florida; Washington Hospital Center in Washington, D.C; and the Mind/Body Medical Institute, found that intercessory prayer had no effect on recovery from surgery without complications. The study also found that patients who knew they were receiving intercessory prayer fared worse. The paper appears in the April issue of American Heart Journal.
There are folk who can testify that they have had prayers answered.

Others testify that they have not - and lets face it, the testimonies do not conflict.  Unless you have some universal law you can point out that everyone or no one should get their prayers answered.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 02:10:56 PM

Ill give you some examples :

1) The world is an amazing place that we cannot fully explain.

That's all fine and well but because we are stupid and cant explain everything is hardly evidence for anything other than we are stupid.

2)  There are writings that say people spoke to god.  There are writings of (insert anything here)

Heresay of heresay.  Not evidence of anything.  Not even indirect evidence twice removed.

3)  Unexplainable (miracles) happen.

If unexplainable and seemingly impossible events NEVER happened, that might constitute evidence of god.  Statistics says the unexplainable should happen with a certain regularity.

Your turn.
  Got anything?Huh

ha ha ha, show me a picture of god please..
why don't you show us a picture of your soul?

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
pikabit

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 02:18:08 PM

If god exists i will recieve a PM with a person wanting to sell me 1 btc
Hiraga

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 03:06:58 PM

The believe in one god is rather primitive if you ask me. We all have a bit of essence, sadly many are disconnected that's why so many are willing to go back to their roots or are in search for who they are and where they belong.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 03:30:25 PM

God wants you dead. Why? Because Jesus suffered for all the mistakes of the whole universe. And the biggest mistake was made by man when he neglected to give God the glory for creation. Man did this in the trust they put in the serpent in the garden when it (the serpent) told them to eat the fruit God commanded them to not eat.

So why does God want us dead, especially since He sent His Son Jesus to save us from death? Because Jesus was a man as well as God. As God, Jesus has the power to do anything. As a man, He had the ability to suffer and die as people do.

Now, think about this. If a mosquito bites you, say, on your right shoulder blade, what do you do when you feel it? You instinctively swat it with your left hand. When Jesus feels a sin that you do that causes Him pain, doesn't He instinctively want to use His almighty God power to get rid of the pain by damning you to Hell? But His mercy and love and patient endurance keep Him from doing it, sending you immediately to Hell. He wants to save you!

The point is, after you have tested Him over and over again with your continual sinning, which is causing Him continual pain, where is the point that the man part of Him will simply kick in and overcome the patience, love and mercy, and He will swat you damned to Hell. So, God wants you dead in this life, so you don't tempt Him beyond His patience, and He sends you to Hell. That way He can raise you, perfect, in the resurrection, perfect for and to eternal life.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
BowieMan

Activity: 154

Is there life on Mars?

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 03:36:21 PM

The believe in one god is rather primitive if you ask me. We all have a bit of essence, sadly many are disconnected that's why so many are willing to go back to their roots or are in search for who they are and where they belong.

I even believe that some people use their religion as some kind of legitmization of the wrong things they do. As long as they're firm believers and true to their religion, and pray regularly, it's okay if you do things that are illegal or not OK

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 03:47:14 PM

I even believe that some people use their religion as some kind of legitmization of the wrong things they do. As long as they're firm believers and true to their religion, and pray regularly, it's okay if you do things that are illegal or not OK

It has to be One God. Why? Consider how many couples work together so well that there is never any problem at all. If there were more than One God, a universe this complicated could never have come into being because of the bickering between them.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
BowieMan

Activity: 154

Is there life on Mars?

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:17:57 PM

It has to be One God. Why? Consider how many couples work together so well that there is never any problem at all. If there were more than One God, a universe this complicated could never have come into being because of the bickering between them.

Smiley

I think it is that way because many religions are based upon the believe that there is only one omnipotent god, who is the pinnacle of power. If there were other gods they would inherently be a threat to 'your' god or diminish his power simply by being as powerful as the original god.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:26:54 PM

Smiley

I think it is that way because many religions are based upon the believe that there is only one omnipotent god, who is the pinnacle of power. If there were other gods they would inherently be a threat to 'your' god or diminish his power simply by being as powerful as the original god.

All right. I guess I didn't say it directly enough. To reiterate...

This Universe is so complicated that even if there were a thousand gods, they would have to act so extremely as one, that there would essentially be only one God. Otherwise there would be flaws, disagreements, mistakes, etc., and the Universe would never have come into being.

One God is the only way it could work.

Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:37:48 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2014, 04:48:48 PM by BADecker

If you compare the complicated machinery of man with the far more highly complicated "living machines" of nature, you can see that God exists, according to the dictionary definitions of God, that is. At the very least, nature is God, simply because the things of nature are many orders of complication and detail greater than the best man can do, although man is learning.

Smiley

pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:43:00 PM

If you compare the complicated machinery of man with the far more highly complicated "living machines" of nature, you can see that God exists, according to the dictionary definitions of God, that is. At the very least, nature is God, simply because the things of nature are many orders of complication and detail greater than the best man can do, although man is learning.

Smiley

If you want to define god as nature that's fine, but the majority of believers has a very different definition of god, plus we already have a word for Nature, it's Nature!

I don't see how doing this improves the god hypothesis, because you can define whatever you want as god, someone can say their favorite coffee mug is god, that's fine but we already have a word for that, it's mug...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: