Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:05:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trusted by... PR Exposure | Startproject: Cloakcoin | Get the right Information  (Read 9187 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
burner2014 (OP)

Activity: 952
Merit: 515

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:17:42 PM

Idea:

That was my initial post in the Cloakcoin Thread at Bitcointalk:

What do you think about starting a self-moderated Investor Relations Cloakcoin Thread?

This Thread could show graphs of the price development of the last 3 months , Every news from the Developers and basic figures which you normally want to see trading stocks.

Moreover we could concentrate real Investor Questions without fud and get them to the developers in an Q&A Session every week.

Please give me your opinion to that. I would need some help from 2-3 Members to get this done. If we get positive feedback we could make this thread more open to other coins using the same procedure.

Background: I am getting bored to read 20 pages of "nothing" after finding some real important information when I evaluate my trading options atm.

The first Feedback was not bad. I just push this once more to let some people read my suggestion. Anyone who likes to contribute / give me feedback is welcome to give me a PM to get this off.

I think I will start this with an easy Bitcointalk Thread to see how usefull this is get feedback and make it better.

Second Background: I just was involved in Voot yesterday and I realize how important Public Relations is in the Crypto World. If we get this off in an neutral trustful way (To not take sites is the most important thing here in my opinion , not pro or contra any coin ) then it could help a lot of people to make their opinion about an investment.

About me:

Hi my name is Chris.

I started in the Crypto World with a friend buying a old school GPU Rig in January. He was already quite in this whole world and I got so interested to start throwing my first 1000$ in. This Rig is sold and I am now mining with some scrypt miners at Multipools to get my ROI.
The first coin I mined was Gridcoin. Why do I say that? I think this coin fascinated me and reflects my mindset. Its a coin which tries to be a useful coin to contribute in Science.

At the moment I build up my own Marketing Agency with Marketingjets which works quite successful.

Why

Good question.
I am so bored of false informations, scams and other stuff. They will happen of course and I will not be the person to stop them. But I can try to change the Crypto World that people click buy on a coin because they read informations they can trust. As you see at Vootcoin these days wrong information in the internet get spread around very fast thanks to Photoshop etc.

Anonymity has got a lot of weaknesses. Anonymity kills for me a lot of trust and PR is mostly based on the trust of the community in the coin / developers / team behind it. When you an intelligent reader you will know now my real identity. That is supposed by me because I am asking for trust in the community. Because I don't want to take sites I am not feared of giving my identity to the community.

I want to bring the Crypto Currency World to its next level. There are a lot of good ideas and coins outside. But which one to trust? Which one is not a scam in the end? As I said I cannot stop Scams but I can give unfiltered / hopefully trustful informations to the community.

About the Project

1. Ask Questions, not answer them by myself
2. Be neutral, take no site, no pro or contra of any coin. Let other people take sites e.g. by Q&A Sessions or Senior Member Reviews
3. Provide trustful information about a coin!
4. Be transparent

Example for 1:

Weekly Q&A Sessions with the people behind the coin. Developers or Managers. Questions will be contributed by the community and by me.

Example for 2:

Wrong:
I like Gridcoin because its help the Science.  I don't like Cloakcoin because you can make anonymous transactions.

Right:
I don't care I just provide informations which I trust / I can validate that they are true.

Vision

I have always visions when I start something. Visions are good to set goals and to be passionated. They are not the holy grail and you can change them when you reflect yourself or the project so don't count me on that.  

My Vision is at the moment to create an informational thread for a coin where investors can get information they can rely on. Rely is a hard word here I think trust is a better word. I want to gain the trust of investors in long-term.

Trusted by ... !

Short-Term Goals

Startproject: Cloakcoin

1. Basic Informations about the Coin
2. Coin Specifications incl. investigations where the coins "lie" / What about Premine? / What about the funds of the coin? Who is responsible for them?
3. Monthly / Weekly Charts with neutral Chart techniques in it. e.g. 30 days line...    

4. Daily Developer Updates from the Maintopic here at Bitcointalk

5. Weekly Q&A Sessions with someone from the Developer / Management Team
6. Weekly "What is going on in the community"

7. Reviews by trusted Senior Members of Bitcointalk  'lets test it!'
8. Start building a network in the PR Scene of the Crypto World (e.g. big News websites)
9. Provide all informations to these websites to create PR Exposure for the Coin.

Long-Term Goals

-Build a team
-Build work automations / real project management
-"Checklist" / Validationprocess for new Coins
-Build PR automations
-Build a trusted label

Is this a new idea?

No it isn't! There are a lot of people who investigate Source Codes of new coins or who help to get a coin relaunched etc...

But I want to bring all this together! More being the person who navigate and coordinate these activities.

You don't trust me?

I understand you. This Crypto World is crazy and everyday we see a new SCAM. But this is my business idea here. Help to get the Crypto World more trustful or even get trustful information about a coin. I fully understand that there are more trusted senior members in this board which will be more trusted than me and I understand that in this world I have to gain my trust by doing. So I am willing to do this and gain the trust of the community.
Moreover I want to work together with some of the most trustful members of this board in the future like you see under short-goals.

You want to contribute?

Everyone is welcome. Please give me a short PM if you want to help.

For the Testphase with Cloakcoin I am looking for the following help:

1. One guy who is good with charts. We would need a weekly / monthly Chart about Cloakcoin with "neutral" Chart Techniques
2. One guy who can help me or recommend me someone to investigate the coin specifications.
3. Senior Members in this board who like to start working with me together to make coins more trustful.

Contact Information:

Email: Chris@Marketingjets.com

or

Private Message here.

Disclaimer:
This thread will be self-moderated. Maybe in future also locked lets see how it works out. If you want to give feedback, suggestions or ask a question please use the contact information provided. I am not responsible for any investor / trading decision. I am just providing information, please do always your own Background check.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
burner2014 (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:19:04 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2014, 03:11:56 AM by burner2014

Coin:

http://www.cloakcoin.com/

Coin Specifications / Investigation:

to be filled by a neutral coin investigator.

Trusted Funds / Any Premines (if!):

tbd.

Richlist Investigation

http://cloak.blockexplorer.cc/richlist/

Team:

'information provided by thedagger (thanks.):

First Development Team

TheDagger/alty - Project manager / leader

MD - Lead developer including PoSA

x11joe - OneMarket /OSX developer

jaewulf - Coder / Graphic Design

dasource - Block Explorer / Data management expert

Second Development Team

mrRGnome - Developer ( to be revealed project )

FullPixelHD = Website Designer

CrazyLoaf - Research / Investor

ludx = ( to be revealed project )

r00tback - CloakVPN

Pysiek - Investor

Marketing Team

TR_ - Cloaktalk admin / marketing

thcmakaveli - Social media / marketing

Theoretical - take care of the charts.
burner2014 (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:19:43 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2014, 02:06:48 PM by burner2014

Coinmarketcap Chart 29.07.2014 / 30 Days View:

Technical Charts 01.08.2014 by the user technical. Really appreciate:

More Charts are in work! Everyone who can do charts please contact me! I need someone with basic Technical Analyse skills.
burner2014 (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:20:27 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2014, 08:02:00 AM by burner2014

Cloakcoin Update 28.07.2014:
Quote from: TheDagger on Today at 10:20:04 AM

Updates:

OneMarket

Part of the team led by x11joe has been hard at work on OneMarket this week. He'll have something to show in a couple of days time.

PoSA

An anon tech in it's infancy, we're bullet proofing it before removing beta status << critics should note before (jumping to conclusions) PoSA is still work in progress and being improved day in day out.

Cloakcoin PoSA was designed so that nodes / multi nodes or bad actors cannot "game the system" for own gain or hindrance.

Such issues were covered in closed beta testing and other concerns of people setting up PoSA node farms on vms to capture all tx traffic were addressed.

OneLedger

Starting once PoSA is out of beta.

TOP SECRET PROJECT:

This one will blow the water out of anything seen before in the crypto world.

All we can say at this time is.

CIARA << Wait until you hear about this! Cheesy

News will be dropped about CIARA over the coming weeks. Watch this space!
burner2014 (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 07:26:15 AM
Last edit: July 30, 2014, 08:12:17 AM by burner2014

What is going around in the community #1: POSA Beta Testing #Reaktion by the community on the growing price

Post By:
Today at 01:19:44 AM
drizzle2405
Activity: 238

No one seems to be posting any tests with PoSA here.  So I will post my personal test results.

I made a new address: CDL2DPH6bb8r8sTTosNTjfyq6A3LFA17HP with 1.9.7.22 and set it up as the test address.

I used an old address: C12CsW8XRXfzzujtY3vJ1PYgvXJR4io2xq to send 0.05 Cloak with PoSA to CDL2DPH6bb8r8sTTosNTjfyq6A3LFA17HP.

Here are the results from the Block Explorer: http://cloak.blockexplorer.cc/address/CDL2DPH6bb8r8sTTosNTjfyq6A3LFA17HP

When I look at my wallet, it shows it was sent to: BuaEuQgLQva5e3bL1oEjytJKPowh7k6DD2.  However, this is not the case, as it was actually received at CDL2DPH6bb8r8sTTosNTjfyq6A3LFA17HP even though the block explorer shows it at both addresses, it is actually at CDL2DPH6bb8r8sTTosNTjfyq6A3LFA17HP.

Just my testing and proof the PoSA is working.

Also, it took a minute or so to receive and was working very fast.  Again it was a small amount, so I really don't know how long larger amounts will take.

IT WORKS!

The non-believers need to try it out and test it before talking smack...  Proof is in the pudding...

By Mr Bohs Twitter:

Posted by:
bigozh
Activity: 56
this coin is going to blow by dark's best price and then some.  this coin actually has a future and a way to spend/use the coins

Posted by:
Kluge
Donator
Activity: 1036

This is the most exciting altcoin I've seen to date, mostly because I never found an alternative I liked after BitMit went away. Right now, it's a very rough client (odd the Win archive doesn't bundle in OpenSSL, and then it crashed within the first 30 seconds for me trying to look at the Cloak Trade window), but I think it has a lot of potential, even if just to play some of these experiments out. As is, everything looks completely believable - that they'd work out in real world situations, that is. OTOH, there are going to be all sorts of new, "innovative" scams, and I'd argue OneMarket has a built-in p2p betting game -- "Escrow Chicken." Cheesy

I'm really tempted to completely get behind this one, though... I think I'll wait until OneMarket comes out, though. (Huh Why is "OneMarket"  copyrighted in that preview page? -And it's showing a Windows box when devs seem to use linux almost exclusively?)

X11Joe about mobile capability:

burner2014 (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 01:00:39 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2014, 02:42:15 AM by burner2014

#1 Q&A Session:

Ideas for Questions:

1. Can you give us a small insight who are the developers of the coin (Nicknames are fine) and what are their experiences as developers / in the crypto-world

2. How is the one market developing going? What are the main tasks and problems at the moment?

... to be continued by the community

3. Question by Bobsurplus

Q: What is CIARA?
   'Can you give us some hints on CIARA? Give the community something to guess / discuss Smiley
Ideas from the community: Cloak Individual Anonymous Retirement Account.

4./5. Questions by DCGirl:

Q4: Could you explain, in layman's terms, how you have implemented anonymity functionality into your coin?

Q5: Do you have any thoughts about how anonymity features would be of practical use to the general public?

6.  Question by Vrontis:

Hello

I would to ask something about this that one of the devs have said.

Is this actually the "so called" DECENTRALIZED WEB ?

Cause this is what I understand of that.  Smiley
I would be glad if one of the devs can explain it more detailed.

7. Questions by CryptoGretzky:

1. Why does POSA Node #1 (Purple) sends 50 Cloak to Joe?   If Node 1 already send him 50 cloak, then why goes through all the other Pink/white/yellow boxes?
2. Why does Joe need to "Find PoSA Node #2" (Pink box first arrow from Joe)?
3. How does Joe send the _PoSA address to Alt?  Direct IP?
burner2014 (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 03:13:29 AM
Last edit: July 30, 2014, 06:15:27 PM by burner2014

Clockcoin Update 30.07.2014
Update by thedagger:

First of a few updates coming today:

A look at OneMarket search listings.

The way this is programmed will allow CLOAK users to connect not only to OneMarket using their mobile phones, but also mobile to CloakCoin wallet.

You simply connect (using user name and password / allowed ips) to your ip address at home, on the right port, and you can gain access even using https.

This will allow all wallet functions to operate on mobile from trading Cloak to using the marketplace, as long as the wallet where CloakCoins are stored, such as home pc or vm is online.

2. Update of the day:

Update:

Windows wallet 1.9.7.25 with installer.

Extra debugging has taken place on CloakTrade 1.0 to prevent those unexpected crashes.

Please resist temptation to use PoSA until further notice:

We are still trying different parameters for PoSA node broadcasting.

Reason for making this public atm is that having extra nodes running with 1.9.7.25 on the network can help us to better evaluate in private testing.

1.9.7.25 is very much a beta wallet and should be treated as such.

https://mega.co.nz/#!JMV1gQDC!Nm_b59BYUgNee9OKqXhw2VOHBY8jHQGVfjJsMFvpllo

Note, there is now a new tab in the wallet.

Update by X11Joe

Q: Is this actually the "so called" DECENTRALIZED WEB ?

Yeah, last night I did some tests proving connections via mobile and external devices (as well as localhost) connecting to cloakcoin via the browser and AJAX.

In non-technical terms, this means you can create a website (without refreshing), that can poll data live from the cloakcoin program that is running.  This also means that you could write an API to interface with the program via RPC-JSON (programming) commands.

For security, in your preference file you just set what IPs are allowed to connect to you and your username/password.

This could for example, allow you to run CloakTrade, OneMarket commands like make listings, and so forth all from external devices such as your mobile phone, as long as your client at home is still running.

It's also possible for you to create a website on the P2P network? How?

If you opt into this feature your Cloak Coin client acts as a web server of sorts.  You could for example create a local.html file which displays data from your cloak (like how many listing on onemarket there is, your balance of a particular account, the ability to send money, create a listing on onemarket, buy/sell trade cloak, and on and on etc...)

You could also create a local file html to ask the network for what peers have 'websites' they want to share, and someone could create a directory of these pages on a website for all to share by running the client on a web server and polling it constantly for updates.  This would allow for P2P websites in the future and who knows what else we want to do.

I'm probably not even realizing all the possibilities of this just yet, but it's very nifty Smiley.
burner2014 (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:32:46 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2014, 03:39:49 PM by burner2014

What is going around in the community #2 #First View of OneMarket in the Wallet

#Is Cloakcoin a Scam? Discussion on Reddit!    "As I want to be neutral about Cloak, everyone can make his own mind.

Find more here: http://www.reddit.com/r/CLOAK/comments/2b1ier/cloakcoin_scam_warning/

burner2014 (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 03:37:43 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2014, 12:27:20 PM by burner2014

Articles about Cloakcoin:

30.07.2014, Cloakcoin Developer Discusses Anonymous Transactions :
http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/cloakcoin-developer-discusses-anonymous-transactions/2014/07/30

31.07.2014  Weekly Altcoin News Update: Darkcoin Price Falls Below $5, Cloakcoin Anonymity Enters Public Beta, and More:
http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/weekly-altcoin-news-update-darkcoin-price-falls-5-cloakcoin-anonymity-enters-public-beta/2014/07/31

01.08.2014  CryptographicCoin and CloakCoin: Anonymity Battle!
http://bitcoinist.net/cryptographiccoin-and-cloakcoin-anonymity-battle/

01.08.2014 Cloakcoin: Developer Interview
http://bitcoinist.net/cloakcoin-developer-interview/

01.08.2014 All Things Alt: Starcraft Goes Crypto, Urocoin’s Future and a Mining Pool Prohibition
http://www.coindesk.com/starcraft-urocoin-mining-pool-prohibition/

06.08.2014 Cloakcoin – The Coin with the Built in Exchange
http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/cloakcoin-coin-built-exchange/2014/08/06
burner2014 (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:24:34 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2014, 05:00:41 PM by burner2014

What is going on the community #3 31.07.2014:

#Darkcoin vs. Cloakcoin

FreedomCoin
Activity: 378

Here is a nice thread which tries to discuss the Pros and Cons of Cloakcoin and Darkcoin, check it out:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=718489.msg8117485#msg8117485

#Cloakpal

http://cloakpal.com/

burner2014 (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 02:34:26 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2014, 02:48:22 AM by burner2014

Developer Updates 01.08.2014:

x11joe: I'm working on encrypted messaging first.
x11joe: That is the first step to secure communication for the market.
x11joe: I'm working on that now actually Smiley.
x11joe: It's actually not as hard as I thought to implement.
x11joe: You guys know how encrypted messaging works right?
x11joe: If not I can give quick explanation
x11joe: first if you have not watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?x11joe: v=GSIDS_lvRv4
x11joe: this explains public/private keys very well
x11joe: and is very key to understanding this system
x11joe: When someone creates a listing they get a public/private key pair
x11joe: You encrypt your messages using the listee's public key.
x11joe: this means only he can decrypt it with his private key
x11joe: you then send this out to all nodes on the network
x11joe: as an example...
x11joe: lets say we had 50 people
x11joe: I'm handing all 50 people the message
x11joe: they all try to decrypt with their private keys
x11joe: but only the person I sent to can do it succesfully
x11joe: then within that message, they can prove it's me because I encrypt a validation token using my private key, and give them my public key in the encrypted message
x11joe: yes
x11joe: to everyone else it looks like giberish
x11joe: it's actually a simple concept once you get it
x11joe: this does require constant scanning of the database of the messages.
x11joe: but it's not that bad
x11joe: so might be 30 second delay on getting messages
x11joe: but worth it for security
x11joe: Anyways just wanted to share that so you know what I'm doing first
x11joe: so expect to see that in the next major update
x11joe: its the first step before one market.

#2 of the Day by TheDagger:

Update:

There's been quite a lot of pressure for us to release in greater details, information about our finished anon product.

The whitepaper was deliberately made sparse to avoid attempts at copying from an early stage.

Cloak PoSA is well advanced now so we can now reveal a more indepth paper that shows how our finished Proof of Stake Anonymity system works.

PoSA is entirely trustless and solves the Byzantine Generals problem.

A first look at CloakPal coming tomorrow.

#3 Update by x11Joe:

WTF so the only thing I can see is Alty sends the coin to POSA #1 node, the POSA#1 node sends the coin to Joe and then Joe finds a Posa #2 node...then the Posa #2 sends the coin BACK to Joe???

what the hell is the point of that and how is it anonymous?

We're going to make another diagram to explain this better with visuals.  The key is things are being sent to temporary addresses.  I'll come up with something better soon.

Think of it like this.

You -> PosA Node #1 -> Receiver (temp address) -> PoSA Node #2 -> Actual Receiver Address

PoSa Node #1 and #2 knows its safe to send to the Receiver temp address because of block escrow, a new transaction in the blockchain that is verified by all peers just like how normal transactions are.

It's ANON because PoSA Node #2 uses different 'cloak' then what he received to send money to you breaking the trace.

You could think of it like this.

Bob has $50, wants to send $50 to alice.  All his dollars are tainted with the letter B.  If you send the money to alice you can see the B's and you know it's from Bob.

If the money from PoSA Node#2 came from someone else (different traces) and was sent to the receiver it's Anon.  Essentially Alice see's money with different letters on it, say C or something.

This is what is happening in the final steps, this does require that the PoSA Nodes actually have the money to send so balance checks would be in place.

burner2014 (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 02:32:23 PM

Developerupdate 02.08.2014 :

By Dagger

PoSA tx when final public version is released, has some advanced features to allow those "extra paranoid users" Cheesy a way to raise and lower certain key parameters.

For example.

Bob wants to send 1000 Cloak to Alice but is concerned that despite the fact it cannot be traced directly from A to B it can still be "speculatively" followed with blockchain analysis because it is a large amount.

Bob can choose how many nodes he wishes to split his 1000 cloak, could be 10 could be 15, PoSA does a check to see if the balance is available in these nodes before the tx is permitted and can randomly split accordingly. He can also, if desired, select the amount of blocks he wishes to split the tx out. The higher the values he inputs the more spread out the tx becomes.

For everyday smaller amount this type of advance selecting would not be necessary.

However, for a VERY LARGE tx of say 100K Cloak. An ideal scenario would be to input even higher inputs to the parameters allowing it to take a longer time and being split over many more nodes and blocks.
burner2014 (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 04:48:38 AM

What is going on in the community 05.08:

By
djslick
Activity: 280

wow that was fun! got to test the OneMarket with x11Joe, also i received the honor of broadcasting the very first listing over livenet, and worry not people of cloak, i did not squander this opportunity.

https://twitter.com/CoinJesus/status/496506824297037825

it actually works like a charm after joe re-compiled the wallet with tweaks a couple times, now you don't even have to be fully caught up in the blockchain to see broadcasted listings. So from what i can tell, upon first opening the wallet, you'll be able to browse the marketplace pretty much instantly. will have to see how "instant" it is in practice once it's full of listings. one of the next steps is to prevent spam, that's tomorrow's work! Joe seemed exhausted, he'd been up since about 7am and was pretty much falling apart, but he muscled through and got the testing working %100. here here to the cloak team! these guys are putting in crazy hours to get this coin lifted off that we'll all profit from. just remember that when you make your millions you should probably tip the people who got you there Smiley
burner2014 (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:30:00 AM

#What is going around in the community 06.08:

By
zing96
Activity: 112

Also, just to give everyone an idea of where we are in the long term, here's Bittrex's chart from the beginning.  Notice there are now 3 "channels."  One at the beginning, one during the MintPal phase and one we have now entered.  Usually, we'll stay in a channel until we reach a "channel breakout" point.  What causes this?  Could be news (e.g. Cloak being released on MintPal).  Could be a lot of things.  The point is not to get too caught up in the short term prices unless you're high frequency day trading and look at where Cloak is long term.  Things you want to be aware of is whether Cloak breaks this new channel on the high side or the low side (e.g. < 200, or does it go > 270?).  Until something of that nature happens, it's just noise and normal fluctuation as we continue to develop this channel.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:52:12 AM

I started in January and i am a Bag holder and expert now and i DEMAND my opinion be enforced.
cue Self Moderated topic about scam coin.  Roll Eyes

FUD first & ask questions later™
burner2014 (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 12:28:13 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2014, 07:52:29 PM by burner2014

I started in January and i am a Bag holder and expert now and i DEMAND my opinion be enforced.
cue Self Moderated topic about scam coin.  Roll Eyes

Sorry what do you want to say? Can you read my thread? Here are also critical stuff inside!

Feel free to write your opinion about Cloakcoin Smiley

Update: 07.08

I will not delete this post as I did with others, to show the people I am happy for critial voices!

Please feel free to write me here in the thread, I am happy to answer.

I deleted a lot of posts and answered the people privately in a PM, because I want this thread to be clean.

I do not censor anything, I am just not posting every fud going on!  As you can see I also posted a discussion if Cloakcoin is a Scam so people can read by thereselfs and make up their mind if it is or not.

Cheers,

Chris
burner2014 (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 07:49:36 PM

Developer News 07.08.2014:

By TheDagger / Alty:

POSA Updates and Onemarket Updates: Release of PoSA could be this week, Release of Escrow in Posa next week

Find the complete IRC Chat here:

http://pastebin.com/Xsy5MTZn
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 08:34:38 PM

i was under the impression that Cloak was the being pumped before and who and how and where attracted negative attention.
i have to admit i have been occasionally confused and forget which is which with Cloak and Crypt..
both came out around the same time etc etc.

i will wait and see if someone else has something to ay about this coin.. i actually know little.

i appreciate you did not delete my comment out of a knee jerk response.

ALL of these coins even Bitcoin has negative aspects.. including my favorite coin in my sig.
so i think criticism is warranted on them ALL !

so i don't see much as FUD'ing as it is talking and making sure people have all info available to make an informed decision.
just because there is some negatives about any given coin does not mean it's bad.. bitcoin seems to be doing alright after all LOL

FUD first & ask questions later™
burner2014 (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 08:59:24 PM

i was under the impression that Cloak was the being pumped before and who and how and where attracted negative attention.
i have to admit i have been occasionally confused and forget which is which with Cloak and Crypt..
both came out around the same time etc etc.

i will wait and see if someone else has something to ay about this coin.. i actually know little.

i appreciate you did not delete my comment out of a knee jerk response.

ALL of these coins even Bitcoin has negative aspects.. including my favorite coin in my sig.
so i think criticism is warranted on them ALL !

so i don't see much as FUD'ing as it is talking and making sure people have all info available to make an informed decision.
just because there is some negatives about any given coin does not mean it's bad.. bitcoin seems to be doing alright after all LOL

Yes Appreciate that Smiley As I said you welcome to take your part here. But I mostly delete posts which say Thanks or SCAM. I am happy to hear feedback and I reply everyone who replied here in PM personally.

Cheers!

Chris
burner2014 (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:16:45 PM

Developer Update 07.08.2014:

PoSA Update:

There have been two big changes in 1.9.7.27:

First:

Instead of relaying any POSA Service Availability Announcements around that a node sees, it only relays announcements from itself out to other nodes. 
Originally, relaying them around makes it so the network can light up faster, but then you have no way of directly contacting one of those nodes.  It could be a node that a peer of a peer of a peer is connected to. So we changed it so your view of the PoSA network is only comprised of those PoSA nodes you are directly connected to as peers.

Second:

There is now an "are you up?" validation check when sending, by sending a check message and waiting for the acknowledgement.  If we don't get an acknowledgement before it times out to verify that the node is still up, then the send fails.

PoSA testing is continuing and we'll aim to get a public version out soon.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: