Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:38:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][USB][RELAUNCH] USBCoin | POS+Block Validation | BitTrex | Post-Mined  (Read 15138 times)
Post-Cosmic (OP)

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:20:09 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2014, 01:11:04 PM by Post-Cosmic

Another week, another sad degenerate scam operation in cryptoland. Several days ago, yet one more anon 'newbie-account' coin 'dev' surfaced with the concept for this altcoin, USBCoin. As it sped through its PoW phase smoothly, a number of mining pools & crypto-exchange sites started listing it. This raised the visibility, popularity & perceived 'trust' level of the coin until, as the former dev had been aiming for, USBCoin finally got added onto BitTrex.

Once there it didn't take long for suspiciously large & violent dumps to ravage the USB buy-side orderbook not once, not twice or even thrice, but 4-6 times before the exchange owners were alerted and paused the scammy carnage. The notable part here is there actually had not been a hidden premine after all - instead, the scam was made possible thanks to something that could be termed a 'hidden postmine', in which a dishonest dev generates a larger-than-accounted-for amount of coins for dumping -after- regular users could mine coins, as opposed to before they could mine. By disabling the common function of code that has blockchain networks validating block reward amounts, it was possible to user-specify any desired amount of USB to be rewarded per block, effectively allowing the creation of an 'infinite supply' of coin.

Thanks to the ever-resourceful #RubyCoin dev, Kassado, however, we now have a fix on this coin which properly enables such block reward validation controls thus at last limiting max coin supply to a fixed amount, although unfortunately larger than had been specified in the original whitepaper.

Continued maintenance & development of the coin is to soon be passed from Kassado's generous mantle onto a longer-term re-launch dev from the community ; while MacDever's team & I shall be your community/info resources. Kassado has turned down any direct remuneration for his invaluable help, preferring that any donation efforts be instead directed to buying RubyCoin, another solid & promising altcoin he has been the lead dev of.

In addition, although it is noteworthy that BitTrex is quickly losing all patience with these brazenly unscrupulous scammer '48hr devs', and have actually started to discuss aggressive ways to contain the threat they pose before much damage is done each time ; It is of paramount importance that each trader strive to remember, and apply, the principle of self-responsibility for your own actions, your own investment/trading decisions, and the importance of doing your own research. It does not fall upon exchange websites' shoulders to hold your hands through inherently risky volatile markets nor to shield you from the potentially market-adverse effects of deceptively compiled open source software.

• Coin Name : USBCoin
  • PoW Algorithm : X11
  • PoW + PoS Hybrid
  • Confirmations for PoW blocks to mature : 20
  • Difficulty : Re-Target @ Each block
  • PoW Total Blocks: 6000 PoW blocks
  • Total coins : ~13,200,000 USB
  • 30 second block time
  • PoW block reward : 1000 USB (first 10 blocks reward 1 USB to prevent Instamine)
  • Confirmations for PoS blocks to mature : 40
  • Transaction confirmations : 3
  • POS Starts at 1000th block
  • PoS Interest : 2% Yearly
  • Post-Mine Dump Exploit Fixed
  • No Instamine
  • No IPO

[>] On AllCoins
[>] On BitTrex

**USBCoin is Pure POS now, mining is no longer possible**

http://usb.v2.dedicatedpool.com
http://x11-x13-pool.org/usbcoin
http://pool.darktech.org:8080
http://suchpool.pw/usb
http://usb.pool.mn/
http://lightninghash.com/
http://usb.hashhot.com/
http://usb.geilidao.com/
http://usb.minerpools.com/
https://www.minep.it/pool/usb/
http://pools.cryptoskills.com/
http://usb.cryptoday.info/
http://lightninghash.com
http://usb.hashlink.eu
http://xhash.net

USB Dongle Key is a common tool to add extra security to your activities. Including securing software related to bank accounts and securing money transfers. For example some banks offers their customers USB security tokens in order to protect their transactions. We are willing to allow our coin users to adopt similar technolgy.

It is common knowledge that every device including USB have a unique number imprinted in it. Even without producing expensive custom usb dongles we can significantly improve your security with simple flash drive. To do this we will update standard X11 wallet with additional encryption. In order to install your wallet you need to connect your USB flash drive to your PC. Wallet will begin installation only if USB dflash drive is connected to your workstation. While installing your flash drive serial number will be encrypted within your wallet.dat file. As soon as your wallet is installed you will be prompted to write down your USB serial number just in case you lose your flash drive. Please note that wallet installation will format your flash drive.

After your wallet is installed to your USB drive it will periodically check device serial number of the USB connected to your PC. If you do not have USB flash connected to your PC or if it has different serial number your wallet will not be able to connect to the network.

What should I do if I lose my USB key?
When installing your wallet DO NOT FORGET to write down your flash drive serial number. If you will lose your flash drive you will have to manually update your flash drive firmware and format new USB drive using tool that will be available with wallet. When formattig your USB drive you will be prompted to enter your dedicated serial number. Then you simply copy your wallet.dat on it.

"Post-Mine Infinite Supply" Dump Scam - Now fixed by Enabling Block Validation :
Dev was a scammer who modified source code by not having the standard blockchain network propagation validation feature enabled - allowing any 'rogue' mining/wallet client to specify block rewards of any size to be received - basically awarding the user infinite amounts of USB. First 100 block rewards were 1 coin per block by default.

Since we do not premine or instamine bounties may only be funded by donations. You may also do the good stuff for USBCoin. Your community contributions will be posted in the OP with your USB address added so anybody will be able to donate if they feel your deed is helpful for the coin.

Please donate to USB Promotional Fund so we could announce some bounties and reward people who are trying to help USBCoin!

~> [ Address Pending ]

Thanks to all for your donations!

~> Chinese translation
~> Italian translation

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 10:20:41 PM

Guys, what happened on 1st launch?

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
Shadow_Runner

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:22:52 PM

Beware, links are odd.
baby222

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:23:07 PM

gook luck man
Nefritox

Activity: 358
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:23:14 PM

scam, dev can add manually block cause crack in code. So did he... and he dump milions of coins

▀ ▀ ▀▀▀
                 ▄█▄
         ▄▄      ███
         ▀██▄    ███
      ▄▄▄▄▄███▄  ███
   ▄███████████▀ ███
 ▄███▀    ▄██▀   ███
▄███     ██▀     ███
███              ███
███              ███
███▄            ▄███
 ███▄          ▄███
  ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
    ▀▀████████▀

██                            ██               ▄▄
          ██                            ██               ▀▀
          ██                            ██     ▄▄
  ▄██████▄██    ▄██████▄      ▄██████▄  ██   ▄██▀        ██    ▄██████▄
▄██▀    ▀███  ▄██▀    ▀██▄  ▄██▀    ▀▀  ██ ▄██▀          ██  ▄██▀    ▀██▄
██        ██  ██        ██  ██          █████▄           ██  ██        ██
██        ██  ██        ██  ██          ██▀▀██▄          ██  ██        ██
▀██▄    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▄▄  ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄▄  ██  ▀██▄    ▄██▀
  ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀  ██     ▀██  ███  ██    ▀██████▀

▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
FACEBOOK        TWITTER        TELEGRAM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬

Post-Cosmic (OP)

Activity: 175

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:31:04 PM

Beware, links are odd.

Links are temporary placeholders, I'm waiting on team to give me the actual ones, this is just the preliminary RE-ANN post so you guys have a new home here away from the one the scam dev originally made in the OP thread.. we'll keep this updated w/ all the fixed githubs & new website, hang tight ^^

As for 'what happened..?' Read the notes I posted myself in ANN above^, explains the whole scam's history that occured w/ this coin, from A to Z, I might have lost a sizable amount of my cryptostash forever had it not been for Kassado's helpful code fix Wink
cryptoangel

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:32:52 PM

Please stop.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█                         █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █
           ▄▄███████▄▄   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████  █
         ████▀     ▀████
         ████       ████
         ████▄     ▄████
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████  █
           ▀▀███████▀▀   █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        █
█                         █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
ROLLBIT●  Instant Deposits & Withdrawals
●  Rakeback & Level Up Bonuses
●  Live Customer Support
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
ItsNotMe

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:41:56 PM

WTF - MOFO - OMG - ROFL
lemonsieur1

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:45:18 PM

so what did you do ? and will our coins stuck at bittrex be of any value ? are you rolling back the blockchain ?
ethancoin

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:49:12 PM

Cheesy

Normally i never comment on other threads, but please give it a break. Original coin owner postmine the coin with a few millions, he dumped it on the market and he stole, i don't know, 50 BTCs or maybe more. And now someone really want to re-launch it? Give me a break. Re-launch a coin that promise to work like a USB stick. Did someone check it that this functionality even exists or is working. Let it just die. People lost their money because of shit owner. If you want to join a coin that really stay around more then a few hours then you can always find me Wink

ETHAN - in progress we trust
lemonsieur1

Activity: 48

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:50:58 PM

Cheesy

Normally i never comment on other threads, but please give it a break. Original coin owner postmine the coin with a few millions, he dumped it on the market and he stole, i don't know, 50 BTCs or maybe more. And now someone really want to re-launch it? Give me a break. Re-launch a coin that promise to work like a USB stick. Did someone check it that this functionality even exists or is working. Let it just die. People lost their money because of shit owner. If you want to join a coin that really stay around more then a few hours then you can always find me Wink

this got to be the worst advertising i've ever seen ..
dreamone

Activity: 35

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 11:17:58 PM

We will soon produce hard forx in 6715, then launch a new version, contact bittrex, then change over
L3pje

Activity: 283

www.l3p.nl

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 11:32:40 PM

rub it in lol ...

max coins unlimited?
tacee

Activity: 386

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 01:00:44 AM

just let this shitcoin die .... Grin Grin
coine_smithe

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 04:21:58 AM

Has anyone actually investigated this idea of USB wallets or is it just total BS?
wenwen1978

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 05:25:42 AM

作为USBCOIN受害者,我支持你的做法!USBCOIN骗局共套现了约201BTC,大多数bittrex用户损失约0.2BTC,少数人损失更多,受害者群体是庞大的,这无疑是加密币世界的又一丑闻,骗子泛滥、诈骗手段繁多,这样继续发展下去,加密币之路将走向尽头。我们必须自救,我们的自救不是要将我们的损失转嫁给其他受害者,我们要赋予USBCOIN与其他加密币同样的价值,让其走向健康发展的路。USBCOIN受害者与论坛用户中不缺少各种能人、大家行动起来,各尽所能,让这枚硬币复活吧!

对于那些说“让这枚硬币去死”的人,我想说:你可能在这次骗局中很幸运,没有损失或损失轻微,请你理解我们的心情,因为在一场骗局、一场不公平的交易中损失金钱,我们感觉很愤怒,感觉很无助,同时为作为投资者的权益无法得到保障而无奈。如果你也是同样的心情还会说“让这枚硬币去死”?

建议Post-Cosmic,新组织一个USBCOIN团队,让USBCOIN健康发展。另,我是网站设计员,如果需要重做官网,给我回复,我愿意效劳。

google Translate:

As USBCOIN victims, I support your practice! USBCOIN total cash scam about 201BTC, most bittrex users lost about 0.2BTC, the loss of a few more groups of victims is huge, this is yet another scandal encryption currency in the world, liars flooding, deception variety, so continue develop, encryption currency will move toward the end of the road. We have to help themselves, we lose our self-help is not to pass other victims, we want to give the same value USBCOIN other encryption currency, allowed to the healthy development of the road. USBCOIN victims and forum users are not missing a variety of Homo habilis, we take action, whatever, so that the coin Resurrection!

For those who say, "Let the coin die," the man, I would say: you may be very lucky in this scam, there is no loss or damage minor, please understand our feelings, because in a hoax, not a fair trading in loss of money, we feel very angry, I feel very helpless, at the same time as the interests of investors can not be guaranteed and helpless. If you are also the same mood will say, "Let the coin die"?

Recommends Post-Cosmic, the new organization a USBCOIN team, so USBCOIN healthy development. Also, I was the website designer, if you need website, give me back, I'm willing to help.
lvyuan95

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 05:29:20 AM

Learn the lesson guys, at least check code b4 investing any coins
wenwen1978

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 05:38:52 AM

吸取教训?当你在吸取教训的时候,骗子也在研究新的诈骗手段,在一个没有规则,没有管理的世界里,你有吸取不完的教训,有多少钱让骗子骗。

Google Translate:

Lessons learned? When you learn from it, crooks also studying new deception, in a no rules, no management world, you have to learn endless lessons, how much money is lost.
coine_smithe

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 05:43:06 AM

Learn the lesson guys, at least check code b4 investing any coins

If you expect investors to all be able to read the entire source code of every altcoin then there will be no investors.
amiryaqot
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 07:36:52 AM

beware again you will get scammed
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: