Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 11:44:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BitBot - A Crypto-Currency trading bot and Backtesting platform (FREE)  (Read 13933 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
stiwan

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 08:55:46 AM

I just got an email from Kraken:

Code:
Fiat to digital currency trades:
The old fee structure ranged from 0.30% to 0.05%. The new fee structure ranges from 0.35% to 0.10%. Why the increase? The old fee structure was a promotional rate designed to support liquidity during our first year of operation. The promotional fee structure is not sufficient to sustain the level of service we provide and wish to continue providing. Fast execution, innovative features, exceptional support, high security - that's what Kraken is about.
Digital currency to digital currency trades:
The old fee structure ranged from 0.20% to 0.05%. The new fee structure will range from 0.10% to 0.05%. Why the decrease? Our aim is to strive for simplicity and encourage trading in selected alternative digital currencies in order to support the digital currency ecosystem. Further, we are delisting several pairs which means that some trades may now require two hops where they previously only required one.

Is BitBot able to handle those changes?
5an1ty (OP)

Activity: 48

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 07:02:49 PM

Important patch release for Kraken exchange users v0.8.3:
Fixed a bug that might cause the order monitor not to pick up on a cancelled order.
5an1ty (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 07:05:03 PM

I just got an email from Kraken:

Code:
Fiat to digital currency trades:
The old fee structure ranged from 0.30% to 0.05%. The new fee structure ranges from 0.35% to 0.10%. Why the increase? The old fee structure was a promotional rate designed to support liquidity during our first year of operation. The promotional fee structure is not sufficient to sustain the level of service we provide and wish to continue providing. Fast execution, innovative features, exceptional support, high security - that's what Kraken is about.
Digital currency to digital currency trades:
The old fee structure ranged from 0.20% to 0.05%. The new fee structure will range from 0.10% to 0.05%. Why the decrease? Our aim is to strive for simplicity and encourage trading in selected alternative digital currencies in order to support the digital currency ecosystem. Further, we are delisting several pairs which means that some trades may now require two hops where they previously only required one.

Is BitBot able to handle those changes?

No worries, BitBot dynamically queries your personal trading fee, so everything should keep on working Smiley.
5an1ty (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 06:53:37 PM

V0.8.4 Simplified exchange interface code and fixed the bug that should have been fixed in the previous release (PLEASE UPGRADE)
5an1ty (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 06:27:55 PM

V0.8.5 Stability & troubleshooting improvements
stiwan

Activity: 8

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 06:36:40 PM

great! thanks for the update Smiley
5an1ty (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 10:02:46 AM

New version tonight! Getting closer to the 1.0 release that will include Cryptsy support.
5an1ty (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 06:30:41 PM

v0.9.0 Released, Database layer rewrite and performance enhancements (Less memory usage).
lemonhead

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 05:06:32 PM

i tried to run the backtester but you need kraken/bitstamp api?

i thought backtesting is just to test with random numbers? why do you need access to an exchange?
coiners99

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 06:51:46 PM

it can use with window home pc?
or must use vps?
Toggy

Activity: 39

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 10:12:12 AM

Hello, I am intersting to know how your bot is working ?
When your bot know that he can sell and when your bot know that he must buy ?
I think it is a good idea to put it in description, many guys prefer to know how works a trading bot before using it.
HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 07:56:48 PM

Thanks, that this bot is free Grin
5an1ty (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 10:46:01 PM

i tried to run the backtester but you need kraken/bitstamp api?

i thought backtesting is just to test with random numbers? why do you need access to an exchange?

Hi, you reminded me that my backtester documentation is indeed a bit lacking...

What it does is it uses the historical data you collected over a periode of time by running app.js.

You first need to run app.js for a while (make sure real trading is set to disabled) to collect historical data for the exchangr you are interested in.

The backtester only does one API request at the beginning:

Request the trading fee of your account to give you a more realistic view of what would happen.

When creating an API key for the bot at your exchange you do not need to worry about the bot trying to steal your coins. At Bitstamp and Kraken you can set individual permissions for an API key. So do not grant the key permission to withdraw.

Apologies for any typos or bad grammar. I'm replying from my phone.
5an1ty (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 10:50:17 PM

it can use with window home pc?
or must use vps?

You can use any OS where you can install node.js on. So Windows should not be a problem.

Installation can be a bit technical as this is not a simple .exe that you can run.

I successfully used my bot on OSX and Linux. I do not have any experience with windows however...

Maybe someone else can post his/her experience here on getting the bot to work on windows?
5an1ty (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 11:12:26 AM

I think it is a good idea to put it in description, many guys prefer to know how works a trading bot before using it.

Hello, thanks for taking a look at the bot :-)!

The bot is very modular. It uses different indicators to decide whether it should buy or sell. Currently the bot supports macd, ppo, psar and more can be added.

Have a look at the wikipedia entries for these indicators to understand how they work.
Toggy

Activity: 39

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 01:04:21 PM

The bot is very modular. It uses different indicators to decide whether it should buy or sell. Currently the bot supports macd, ppo, psar and more can be added.

Have a look at the wikipedia entries for these indicators to understand how they work.
Ok thank you Smiley
5an1ty (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 09:27:38 PM

v0.9.1 Released! Nothing major just a couple of cosmetic changes and some extra documentation on the backtester.
Don't forget: If you enjoyed using BitBot, spread the word :-).
5an1ty (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 09:37:53 PM

Ok thank you Smiley

As a follow-up because I was a little brief in my reply.

Good places to start learning are:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candlestick_chart
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MACD
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_average#Exponential_moving_average

BitBot uses candlestick aggregation to calculate it's indicators.
MACD is the default enabled indicator in the bot, it's settings are completely configurable (long/short/EMA periods).
5an1ty (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 08:23:03 PM
Last edit: October 29, 2014, 09:14:47 PM by 5an1ty

can you include btc-e?  Grin Grin Grin

As a matter of fact I have been working on getting BTC-E added over the past couple of days.
I'm actually done writing the code but I have no balance at BTC-E to test if creating orders, etc actually works.

I'll try and get some balance on BTC-E to try out if everything works correctly before publishing to GitHub.
5an1ty (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 11:23:48 AM

v0.9.2 released: BTC-E Support added (Experimental)

Don't forget to star the repository on GitHub if you enjoy using BitBot :-).

@aidi_hex: I would appreciate if you report back here if you have success running the bot on BTC-E.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: