Bitcoin Forum
July 30, 2024, 11:07:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with Antminer S3  (Read 6133 times)
roflkopter (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 12:45:05 AM

I need help with my new Antminer S3's and Corsair 750MW PSU's. My PSU does not power up at all, which means the miner does not either. I just got these today, brand new (including PSU) I need help figuring out how to get this to work so I can start mining.... newbie to bitcoin. Power supply is in correct spots..
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 01:13:54 AM

I need help with my new Antminer S3's and Corsair 750MW PSU's. My PSU does not power up at all, which means the miner does not either. I just got these today, brand new (including PSU) I need help figuring out how to get this to work so I can start mining.... newbie to bitcoin. Power supply is in correct spots..
You need to do the PSU paperclip trick.  Check out Corsair's website here: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/rm-series-rm750-80-plus-gold-certified-power-supply and look at the "FAQ & Support", then "PSU Paperclip test".

That should get you up and running.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
irishay

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 01:39:44 AM

Is this required to boot it up? Or just a way to test the PSU?

I need help with my new Antminer S3's and Corsair 750MW PSU's. My PSU does not power up at all, which means the miner does not either. I just got these today, brand new (including PSU) I need help figuring out how to get this to work so I can start mining.... newbie to bitcoin. Power supply is in correct spots..
You need to do the PSU paperclip trick.  Check out Corsair's website here: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/rm-series-rm750-80-plus-gold-certified-power-supply and look at the "FAQ & Support", then "PSU Paperclip test".

That should get you up and running.
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 03:12:32 AM

am also thinking of buying an antminer, with no previous training in bitcoin mining, so I am watching
to see how things go for you.
Let us know how it goes.
OP is up and running...

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: