Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:39:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2014-07-29] Apple Allows the World’s Most Popular Bitcoin Wallet Back Into Its  (Read 724 times)
cescan (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 02:19:24 AM

http://www.wired.com/2014/07/blockchain-back/?mbid=social_twitter

The news arrived on the heels of Apple approving a newer wallet app called Coinpocket for inclusion in the App Store, and for Blockchain CEO Nicolas Cary, this proves that Coinpocket is no fluke. That’s a big deal for the world of bitcoin, a currency that exists only on the internet, independent of governments and free from the control of big banks. The currency entered the consciousness of the general public last year—in a very big way—but has since struggled to significantly expand its reach, due to various setbacks. Maybe the iPhone and the iPad can help restart its engines.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitsmichel

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 11:35:27 AM

The news arrived on the heels of Apple approving a newer wallet app called Coinpocket for inclusion in the App Store, and for Blockchain CEO Nicolas Cary, this proves that Coinpocket is no fluke. That’s a big deal for the world of bitcoin, a currency that exists only on the internet, independent of governments and free from the control of big banks. The currency entered the consciousness of the general public last year—in a very big way—but has since struggled to significantly expand its reach, due to various setbacks. Maybe the iPhone and the iPad can help restart its engines.

I think it's a good news for the bitcoin community and perhaps this will influence the market price. It seems to me kind of odd that at first Apple had been so bullish on Bitcoin, and now seems more open to it. I think other companies will follow this trend.

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 09:31:22 PM

I think it's a good news for the bitcoin community and perhaps this will influence the market price. It seems to me kind of odd that at first Apple had been so bullish on Bitcoin, and now seems more open to it. I think other companies will follow this trend.

Bitcoin is the future, right? Smiley
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 09:39:22 PM

With all the merchant adoption lately and with the financials taking stronger looks into the BTC ecosystem, I bet Apple was embarrassed back into being on the cutting edge. Heck, if they want to let Android and Blackberry be the mobile devices of the future, they could've just kept up their neanderthal treatment of Bitcoin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: