Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:07:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Mine with Gridseed A1?  (Read 2963 times)
DailyDogeCoin.com (OP)

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 10:15:25 AM

Hi,

I'm having trouble mining with the Gridseed A1. How do I add / change pools? I can access the web interface of the miner fine but how do I change pools?

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nst6563

Activity: 252
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 03:24:22 PM

Hi,

I'm having trouble mining with the Gridseed A1. How do I add / change pools? I can access the web interface of the miner fine but how do I change pools?

If it's using the standard chinese shitware that came on mine, you'll need to SSH into the pi and edit the files in /www/miner/conf with the information you want.
Login is Pi
Password is pi3.1415

I tried using the dragonminer image but couldn't get it to detect but 2 blades for whatever reason.  The Gridseed A1 unit I got has 5 blades with room to add a 6th.

I'm waiting on a delivery today,  and after that comes I can pull my card out, read the image, and post it for you to download.  I fixed most of their screw-ups in the software, and added a couple input fields for customization.  It doesn't have failover pool support yet, but at least it's in English and you can access the settings page to change things.

Just be warned, with their stock software and cgminer, I have run into instances where I make changes, apply them, and then for whatever reason it doesn't detect the A1 boards again.  I've had to pull the power for about a minute and let it boot back up to get things working again. 
DailyDogeCoin.com (OP)

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 09:40:16 PM

Thanks for the reply. Can I use Windows PC or a rPi image to mine with? Would be awesome if you can upload the image Smiley

nst6563

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 09:55:28 PM

Thanks for the reply. Can I use Windows PC or a rPi image to mine with? Would be awesome if you can upload the image Smiley

I use an Rpi...not sure if you can use a windows box to mine with it, but rpi is best for the job I think.

It's compressing and will be uploaded immediately after that.  I'll follow up  with a link when it's done.
nst6563

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 11:40:44 PM

Here is the image.  i forgot to take out my information so if you really feel like using it to mine feel free.  otherwise just go to the settings page and set things up the way you want.

some notes:
no failover pool support yet
i added fields for clock speed (max is 1000mhz)
added a field for spi speed
the image waits 60 seconds after bootup to start mining (this is the way the default crap came)
it's all in english now
i added the current clock speed to the status page.

as it is now with the settings in it im getting 1.1ths poolside with it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0njs18kdgx2guda/Stock_English_Fixed.7z
SlickBitcoin

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 10:16:57 PM

File no longer there Sad

Anyone know of a good image?
d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 01:34:44 PM

File no longer there Sad

Anyone know of a good image?

this wil help you tremendously:D
this is file from wiibox.net
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1mgHpg04

best regards
d57heinz

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
nst6563

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 01:45:29 PM

Sorry, didn't realize it had disappeared.  I may have accidentally deleted it from my dropbox.

Here's a new link, same image.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0njs18kdgx2guda/Stock_English_Fixed.7z?dl=0

harcerz

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 12:22:48 PM

Here is the image.  i forgot to take out my information so if you really feel like using it to mine feel free.  otherwise just go to the settings page and set things up the way you want.

some notes:
no failover pool support yet
i added fields for clock speed (max is 1000mhz)
added a field for spi speed
the image waits 60 seconds after bootup to start mining (this is the way the default crap came)
it's all in english now
i added the current clock speed to the status page.

as it is now with the settings in it im getting 1.1ths poolside with it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0njs18kdgx2guda/Stock_English_Fixed.7z

Hello,
I have a question...
What could be the value of spi speed (default or overclocked)
Firmware works well  Smiley
Regards
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: