Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:17:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: It's a sign of the impending...  (Read 1562 times)
T.Stuart (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 12:21:58 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/arizonas-first-bitcoin-atm-struck-lightning/

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vuduchyld

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 12:29:51 PM

Ha!  Now we only have to interpret the sign.

Is BTC doomed to a fiery, painful ending?

Or is BTC super hot, attractive, and energetic?
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 12:47:43 PM

I hope for the shopkeeper that the ATM was insured, I didn't google about it but I think they are worth almost $4000.

EDIT: more than $4000   https://lamassu.is/
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 01:08:13 PM

I hope for the shopkeeper that the ATM was insured, I didn't google about it but I think they are worth almost $4000.

EDIT: more than $4000   https://lamassu.is/

So even if only a handful people actually used this thing, with all those fees it would reach a positive ROI in what... 2 weeks? Cheesy

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
peter378

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 01:34:26 PM

I think being struck by lightning is regarded as un-insurable by the insurance companies because they regard it as an act of god. There's usually something in the small print saying you are not insured against acts of god.
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 01:39:11 PM

I think being struck by lightning is regarded as un-insurable by the insurance companies because they regard it as an act of god. There's usually something in the small print saying you are not insured against acts of god.

I do get 'force majeure' but please don't tell me there are actually paragraphs that include a wording like 'act of god'

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
peter378

Activity: 86

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 01:47:32 PM

I do get 'force majeure' but please don't tell me there are actually paragraphs that include a wording like 'act of god'

Sorry, but I'm almost certain that if you look hard enough in the small print you will actually find paragraphs that include the wording 'acts of god'. It's easy to miss because the print will probably be so small you will need a magnifying glass, or perhaps a microscope to read it.
Skrillex

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 02:04:08 PM

Yes it is, it all sums.
labsbitforum

Activity: 99

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 03:39:28 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2014, 08:44:07 PM by labsbitforum

EDIT: more than $4000   https://lamassu.is/

America was founded by mostly Europeans escaping religious persecution in Europe.  Even after 350+ years those religious roots are still pretty strong.  Our founding fathers tried to build in separation of church and state because they knew how horrible it was to have a government controlled by a particular religion.  Sadly, even to this day in America you will run across people who believe the earth is 6000 years old and Noahs flood really happened around that time.  I saw it last week at a "history museum".

Here is a recent poll on Americans religious beliefs.
http://www.harrisinteractive.com/NewsRoom/HarrisPolls/tabid/447/ctl/ReadCustom%20Default/mid/1508/ArticleId/1353/Default.aspx

At the time of this poll belief in evolution is up to 47% in America and belief in ghosts is 42%...  Pretty embarrassing.
Roy Badami

Activity: 563

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 07:06:40 PM

It's a standard legal term which used to be very common but is probably used less now - I believe you could loosely translate it as 'natural disaster', i.e. storm, flood, earthquake, etc.

It was a common exclusion on many insurance contracts, but of course the reality is that pretty much all natural disasters are insurable, but they might be quite expensive - particularly if you are trying to insure against an eventuality that is not that unusual in your part of the world...

IME most modern insurance policies tend to spell out what they exclude in plain language, but YMMV.

roy

EDIT: And actually, in modern insurance policies, some of the exclusions that are hardest (but not impossible) to avoid are very clearly acts of man.  War, riot, and terrorism would be obvious examples of things that most (but not all) policies exclude from their cover.
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 07:20:28 PM

War, riot, and terrorism would be obvious examples of things that most (but not all) policies exclude from their cover.
Acts of Government.
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 07:45:00 PM

Sorry to burst your little bubble, but yes, there are.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 11:08:47 PM

War, riot, and terrorism would be obvious examples of things that most (but not all) policies exclude from their cover.
Acts of Government.

However, arson is usually not covered and that is an act of man.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: