Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:33:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PLEASE STOP CRYING  (Read 1741 times)
Geenstijl (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 01:54:07 PM

Can all the idiots who invested in IPO's and/or Coins that just made promises stop whining?! Simply do not invest in coins before they actually realized their promises. If you do not, ur loss is part of the risk you've taken.

There would never be any scammers if there werent enough DUMB, BLINDED BY GREED, IDIOTS TO BUY THEIR EMPTY PROMISES! KTNX! now bugger off.

Now check out SaffronCoin. It actually DELIVERED INNOVATION so you wont have to whine.
Skrillex

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 02:36:12 PM

I never invested in IPOs  Cool
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 02:41:56 PM

"Do not invest in IPOs" is good advice.

Another one would be - investigate thoroughly if the crypto you invest in has anything new that distinguishes it from the bunch of others and if it has shown good resilience to attacks, and if the developers are adequate, psychologically stable and hard workers.

Following just these two points will help avoid most scams.
TiberiuC

Activity: 311

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 11:33:35 PM

What about the newcomers? They are used to be somewhat protected from scams and can't understand the risks.
Most people that come here are greedy, chasing that 1000x
peter378

Activity: 86

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:00:37 AM

How do we avoid scam exchanges that disappear overnight with our money?
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 12:29:25 AM

How do we avoid scam exchanges that disappear overnight with our money?

Use Cryptsy.com
rikkejohn

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 02:14:08 AM

Yes, I believe we should become experts in code, and comb through the entire files of every source code.

If you are not willing to spend months and years doing that, even if it means neglecting your family, friends and job, you deserve to get scammed.

It's your fault. Don't try and wriggle out of it by blaming the scammer. In effect, you forced him to scam you.

So stop crying.

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 03:14:13 AM

i told guys to stay the hell away from Gox all along from day 1 and they mouthed me off hardcore..

so what i see here is a guy saying go to Cryptsy

then the next guy saying listen to the warning signs and do your home work..

uhhhh

get it ?

i fucking doubt it.. people are not too bright around Crypto. lol

rampant cut throat obnoxious fanboyism.. UNTIL YOU ARE FUCKED OVER BAD !
then.....................
we have oh this or that is bs comments etc.

fanboy transformed into victim.

and sorry i won't have any sympathy who didn't head all the warnings..
and i have warned about a few things and the response i always get is "so far so good for me" so whatever who cares..
you will lol

and THAT my crypto friends is what separates me from most of you.. i see the signs and stay the fuck out !
while armies of idiots get led to the slaughter..
wanna be good at crypto listen to what people are telling you Wink

FUD first & ask questions later™
devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 05:55:40 AM

What about the newcomers? They are used to be somewhat protected from scams and can't understand the risks.

If getting 1000x return was that easy, everyone would be filthy rich Smiley Lessons of greed are not free.
sherbyspark

Activity: 910

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:16:16 AM

Alright, here is what you have to address before you invest:
1. If you are in the Altcoin as an investment. and want to sell the coin as the price goes up, then you got to do your homework, before you invest.
 You cant invest in every ICO, like the ICEBERG coin .

2. If you are in the altcoin for the features, then why would you invest?  just buy them after they are released and fulfill their promises.

To the Op who says Check out SAFFRON Coin..

For an investor
Really?   look at the graph: https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/270

I invested in Via : https://bittrex.com/Market/?MarketName=BTC-VIA , the prices went up 5 times the Presale price, so was a perfect investment.
You cant hope every altcoin to be like the Bitcoin, where prices will go up 100x.

You should know what you are investing in, dont invest if you dont understand the working of Bitcoin.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:31:14 AM

how many saffroncoin you own? still waiting for someone that will suggest a coin he is not holding lol
bittown

Activity: 64

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:34:35 AM

I'm new but the first thing I learned here is that I shouldn't trust anyone.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:58:12 AM

If getting 1000x return was that easy, everyone would be filthy rich Smiley Lessons of greed are not free.

Everyone can get 1000x return in crypto.  It's called diversifying into the newest coins.  The issue of course is that you can't gamble like a mad man and have to settle for moderate returns.  

I've lost out on several coins myself but made plenty on others that it's been a substantial net gain so far.  You don't hear me whining that a Loan Shark is about to cut off my leg with a cleaver because I borrowed $400K to invest into Dark when it was $40 million capitalization (yet those people exist in crypto).

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
TiberiuC

Activity: 311

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:15:22 AM

Everyone can get 1000x return in crypto.  It's called diversifying into the newest coins.  The issue of course is that you can't gamble like a mad man and have to settle for moderate returns.  Like a lot of people put $10 - $30 into NEM and NODE and it's quite likely they'll see a 1000x return on it someday.

I've lost out on several coins myself but made plenty on others that it's been a substantial net gain so far.  You don't hear me whining that a Loan Shark is about to cut off my leg with a cleaver because I borrowed $400K to invest into Dark when it was $40 million capitalization (yet those people exist in crypto).

My point is if people stop coming , which already started to happen, there will be no money to be made and everybody will cry.We should try our best to protect each other from scammers.
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 03:48:54 PM

I have a crazy idea: instead of chasing short-term profits based on pump and dump/scamming newbies, how about people actually try to take a long term view and invest/work on/contribute to building up crypto-currencies that can be useful in the real world?

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
gielbier

Activity: 914

Making Smart Money Work

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 03:54:07 PM

http://www.sjtrek.com/trek/rules/

#19 - Satisfaction is not guaranteed.

█████▄
██▀   ▀██
██     ██
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄████▄   ▀███▀   ▄████▄
▄██▀  ▀██▄▄████▄▄██▀  ▀██
██       ███   ███       ██
██▄  ▄██▀▀████▀▀██▄  ▄██▀
▀████▀   ▄███▄   ▀████▀
▄██▀ ▀██▄
██     ██
██▄   ▄██
▀█████
          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄    ▄▄
Prasaga
                                                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████████▄
██████████████████▄
████████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
WHITEPAPER     
►  TECH WP
►  COMMERCIAL WP
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 05:33:07 PM

the latest trend in crypto is to spout of anti-crap coin sentiment then name drop the crap coin your flogging  Roll Eyes

FUD first & ask questions later™
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:18:06 PM

I have a crazy idea: instead of chasing short-term profits based on pump and dump/scamming newbies, how about people actually try to take a long term view and invest/work on/contribute to building up crypto-currencies that can be useful in the real world?

Well you're attempting to fix something which is broke.  If we look at overall society with the debt crisis you can make the assumption that people live in the now.

Even in the Apple IPO when several hundred became $Fiat millionaires overnight many had sold instead of hold  Now with Apple stock at $500 billion it would had been easy for the early investors (which only numbered a few hundred at the IPO) to be multi-billionaires today.  A lot of people who invested were young men and had plenty of time in the world to wait.

I'm unorthodox but the cryptos I happen to buy I intend to hold for 5 to 20 years.  When you consider investment gold is $2 trillion, worldwide investments are $37 trillion and there's $400 trillion derivatives - there's going to be a lot of future billionaires on this forum but many people (especially the 'day traders') are probably going to miss out due to fixation on making a quick buck.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Candystripes

Activity: 294

***THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE***

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:20:04 PM

High-five to the maker of this thread. There shouldn't even be a discussion, everything he said is 100% true, however bad it makes you feel.

---------------------------------
No longer under the possession of Candystripes.
Account is currently dormant.
Magic8Ball
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:23:54 PM

Starts with big letters, then the reason for post becomes clear. Yet another attempt to pump some random useless coin.
If you want innovation you do not have to look far, there quite clearly a few big ones going over here.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: