Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:29:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trust Index - The Original Developer Verification | Free For Next (48hrs)  (Read 2018 times)
tk808 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 07:59:35 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2014, 06:16:40 PM by tk808

In Spite of Recent Incidents with ICOs and IPOs, We are offering Trust Verifications FREE and backed by Coins Source for the next 48 hours.

Simply Contact Us: Trustindex@Coinssource.com requesting a verification!

What's the Trust Index?

The Coins Source Trust Index is the original and most reputable Trust Verification for developers. We separate the developers willing to be accountable for their work from the scam coin “developers” that rely on anonymity to steal hundreds of BTC from trusting investors. Because anonymity is highly valuable for even legitimate parties, Coins Source will never release personal information disclosed in the Trust Index verification process. The Trust Index will not indicate who exactly is behind a coin, but will act as a trusted third-party guaranteeing that each coin with a Trust Index rating is being developed by a real person with no known history of fraudulent activity.

What We Are Verifying

Interview - Via Skype or IRC
Social Media – Verify by a Tweet, Post to Coins Source’s Timeline on Facebook or a Private message via Social media
Coin Age at Least 1 month old – This Verification is Automatic
Mobile Phone – Verify by text message.
State ID or License – Copy of your Drivers license, Passport or State-ID
Mailing address – Verify with 2 bills that confirm the address on your license or ID card.

Everyone is welcome to join in on the discussion and if you have any questions feel free to post them

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lamosty

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 08:57:01 PM

Very nice. Who else has the reputation to verify coin devs than Coins Source in this fast-paced crypto scene? You are finally stepping up to benefit the entire crypto-community Smiley Thanks
youngg

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 09:12:14 PM

You tell us? Is Sync Coin dev trustworthy?  Wink
peter378

Activity: 86

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 09:22:00 PM

A lot of dev's seem to operate under newbie accounts, so the lack of information makes it hard to figure out if they are trustworthy or not.
tk808 (OP)
Legendary

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 11:29:50 PM

A lot of dev's seem to operate under newbie accounts, so the lack of information makes it hard to figure out if they are trustworthy or not.

We'd like all input for our Trust Index, this is a big change for the crypto-world and we want anyone to get involved and discuss their thoughts to make this even better.
peter378

Activity: 86

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 11:37:05 PM

We'd like all input for our Trust Index, this is a big change for the crypto-world and we want anyone to get involved and discuss their thoughts to make this even better.

If a dev's using a newbie account the only way to evaluate trustworthyness is by evaluating the coin's code and distribution model.
tk808 (OP)
Legendary

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:43:08 AM

If a dev's using a newbie account the only way to evaluate trustworthyness is by evaluating the coin's code and distribution model.

We are looking into the logistics behind evaluating Coin's code, but this is a big undertaking and will require a community involvement. We have a way to capture the attention of audiences for codes.

Edit: And we make sure we get the developers real BTT account, we don't accept aliases.
Rofo
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 02:07:59 AM

I'm guessing we can't see the details of the developers/teams ourselves? Do you release their info. if they bail on coins or end up scamming?

tk808 (OP)
Legendary

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 03:05:07 AM

I'm guessing we can't see the details of the developers/teams ourselves? Do you release their info. if they bail on coins or end up scamming?

Due to the integreity of the Trust Index, we will hold all the information without releasing any bit to the public. We've taken very cautious measures in protecting this data, and is heavily encrypted and held disconnected/offline.

Coins Source's Trust Index is not 100% Scam proof, but users should feel a little safer when investing in a coin knowing that we've vetted them according to our process.

Trust Index will also be greatly enhanced over the coming weeks for further implementations to get everyone involved into the process.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 03:17:38 AM

wow i am fucking floored you have the nerve to post this shit !

holy fuck LOL

trust this guy ? and your all idiots period .

FUD first & ask questions later™
Rofo
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 05:01:00 AM
Last edit: July 30, 2014, 05:22:15 AM by Rofo

Due to the integreity of the Trust Index, we will hold all the information without releasing any bit to the public. We've taken very cautious measures in protecting this data, and is heavily encrypted and held disconnected/offline.

Coins Source's Trust Index is not 100% Scam proof, but users should feel a little safer when investing in a coin knowing that we've vetted them according to our process.

Trust Index will also be greatly enhanced over the coming weeks for further implementations to get everyone involved into the process.

So they could give you all their personal details (real or otherwise) then 'scam' and those details are still locked tight? If you give someone a 7/7 for example and they bail with everyones money what would the situation be then?

Why not just push for greater public transparency/accountability. I mean I can understand Satoshi's situation and perhaps devs who are dealing with blackmarket/deep web coins, but if the guys behind DOGE, LTC, DRK, etc (and the now public representatives of BTC) can show their faces why not encourage that. The argument for security from the government/officials holds no weight if they're sharing personal information already over the internet with you guys. Just trying to wrap my head around it.

Also, do you take fees to give your stamp of trust approval on coins? Just noticed the .1btc fee for quick delivery on your website.

tk808 (OP)
Legendary

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 06:41:20 PM

So they could give you all their personal details (real or otherwise) then 'scam' and those details are still locked tight? If you give someone a 7/7 for example and they bail with everyones money what would the situation be then?

Why not just push for greater public transparency/accountability. I mean I can understand Satoshi's situation and perhaps devs who are dealing with blackmarket/deep web coins, but if the guys behind DOGE, LTC, DRK, etc (and the now public representatives of BTC) can show their faces why not encourage that. The argument for security from the government/officials holds no weight if they're sharing personal information already over the internet with you guys. Just trying to wrap my head around it.

Also, do you take fees to give your stamp of trust approval on coins? Just noticed the .1btc fee for quick delivery on your website.

We we will publish an F.A.Q. with all these questions answered and more Smiley
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 06:52:25 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2014, 07:02:51 PM by poornamelessme

Curious about that too. I mean, great, a dev has been checked out and is shown to be using his real name + address + email. Dev then abandons a coin or runs an ico scam and bails ... then what?

First off, even if he provided real info to you, and you shared it, how does that help anyone? What are they going to do? Form a mob and go after him, or start a lawsuit in what is probably some out of the way foreign country?

And if you do share the personal info for said developer, wouldn't that basically destroy your own trust system, meaning no devs at all would ever sign up with you again?

Edit: Just looked at those requirements a bit more closely. 4 pts out of 7 will probably be rather easy to fake. The postcard thing is also easy to fake, but may take a little more time for mailing and such. So basically if a dev prepares, he could use a fake identity pretty easily and still get a 5 out of 7 rating?
Umbrella Holdings

Activity: 630
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:00:05 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2014, 07:15:38 PM by Umbrella Holdings

Curious about that too. I mean, great, a dev has been checked out and is shown to be using his real name + address + email. Dev then abandons a coin or runs an ico scam and bails ... then what?

First off, even if he provided real info to you, and you shared it, how does that help anyone? What are they going to do? Form a mob and go after him, or start a lawsuit in what is probably some out of the way foreign country?

And if you do share the personal info for said developer, wouldn't that basically destroy your own trust system, meaning no devs at all would ever sign up with you again?

I think this is a great start and I applaud Coinsource for taking a step in the right direction.  In my opinion, they should seek out some legal council before setting anything in stone.  What if information is released and the developer get attacked, harmed or killed?  I think there are a lot of serious questions that need to be looked at from all angles. 

Keep up the good work guys.

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
poornamelessme

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:11:21 PM

I think this is a great start and I applaud Coinsource for taking a step in the right direction.  In my opinion, they should seek out some legal council before setting anything in stone.  What if information is released and the developer get attacked, harmed or killed?  I think there are a lot of serious questions that need to be looked at from all angeles. 

Even worse if a developer uses a fake identity, and some random guy/girl is harassed, harmed or killed.
tk808 (OP)
Legendary

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:12:47 PM

I think this is a great start and I applaud Coinsource for taking a step in the right direction.  In my opinion, they should seek out some legal council before setting anything in stone.  What if information is released and the developer get attacked, harmed or killed?  I think there are a lot of serious questions that need to be looked at from all angeles. 

And that's exactly our stance and that is why we will be holding all information without any release to the public. This is senstive information we are dealing with. And we've spoken with some legal consulates about this matter before launching.

Just like any service you verify you credit card or address you are dealing with, all information is held tightly secured without any public releases. This is how the service will operate, but much more securely, encrypted and offline.
ramavtaar

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:17:10 PM

Good to see, someone step up for this work, thanks coinsource.
poornamelessme

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:21:16 PM

If I was evil and a dev, I'd just go for the 5/7 rating and use a fake identity... over and over. They could always state they don't have a driver's license. All they would need is a throw away mobile phone and an address of 'someone' to get a postcard at.
tk808 (OP)
Legendary

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:46:14 PM

If I was evil and a dev, I'd just go for the 5/7 rating and use a fake identity... over and over. They could always state they don't have a driver's license. All they would need is a throw away mobile phone and an address of 'someone' to get a postcard at.

To verify by postcard, we use the address on the drivers license. So in order to obtain the last 3 points, a Photo id or license is required.
poornamelessme

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:52:01 PM

To verify by postcard, we use the address on the drivers license. So in order to obtain the last 3 points, a Photo id or license is required.

Okay, that's not too bad then. Basically means any dev with 4/7 or less is meaningless (might as well not even sign up for the program), while everyone else should be 7/7. Although of course fake IDs aren't exactly super impossible to come by either.

Personally I think a code review would be more useful, but I guess that is also much more time intensive on your part.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: