Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:23:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Btc38: If you were leader of exchange, what will you do facing so many coin  (Read 1824 times)
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:30:51 AM

Wow ya got me i misspelled some words ..there is your smoking gun i am a horrible monster.

congrats on having a foul attitude and derailing this thread with clear Trolling.
I am sure the OP appreciates your behavior here.

@OP
I am sorry for what has gone on here on your topic and i will try and get this to die down so you can get on with your topic.

i guess if a guy doesn't like me then i deserve to be trolled and attacked and insulted ?
All i did was try and answer the OP's question(s)
no idea why this wacko came out of the wood work to have a go at me..

FUD first & ask questions later™
rethink-your-strategy

Activity: 173
Merit: 182

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 08:26:33 AM

Wow ya got me i misspelled some words ..there is your smoking gun i am a horrible monster.

congrats on having a foul attitude and derailing this thread with clear Trolling.
I am sure the OP appreciates your behavior here.

@OP
I am sorry for what has gone on here on your topic and i will try and get this to die down so you can get on with your topic.

i guess if a guy doesn't like me then i deserve to be trolled and attacked and insulted ?
All i did was try and answer the OP's question(s)
no idea why this wacko came out of the wood work to have a go at me..

The smoking gun is your utterly moronic idea of "1 vote per account". Your inability to spell was just icing on the already sizeable cake.

You're quick to throw the word "troll" out when you miss that I'm not trolling you, I'm calling you out for being of average intelligence. This alone destroys any shred of credibility you thought you had, and cements what everyone else knew about you already. And incidentally, I don't dislike you, I just think you're a jackass that has no room to speak.

Now don't get me wrong: there is nothing wrong with being average. However, it does matter when you're all up in everyone's face telling them that their coin is shit - even when I agree with you in perhaps 90% of the cases. If you want to call a coin out you'd better make sure you're unimpeachable...and you, Spoetnik, are far from that.

I therefore reject your previously expressed notion as being both moronic and ironic: "I am the smart one here so deal with it." Right.
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 04:06:24 AM

suggestions and updates added on my reserved reply !

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 07:34:57 AM

suggestions and updates added on my reserved reply !

lol i am curious Wink

i seen you reserved your spot hahaha

FUD first & ask questions later™
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 08:14:45 AM

so for example if you have voting and make it in CNY - anyone can transfer Crypto to a crypto listed there and then buy CNY to vote on a currency.

What just happened?

A - Well you know that the people that voted on the currency have an account because
B-  they had to log in and transferred a crypto to CNY  on your platform.
C- this means then that there was a cost and it doesn't discriminate The cost was in both Time and a small amount of CNY
D - so you make a vote work XXX CNY - a fairly low cost

but look what had to be done to achieve the vote THIS is the important part about voting.

I don't think this is a workable solution. Not only will this put downward pressure on their cryptocurrencies against CNY, but it is not impervious to Sybil / sockpuppet attacks as mentioned further up in this thread. It's also no more progressive than MintPal, who require you have actively traded a minimum amount before you can vote (albeit with a removal of the paid voting), and as you may or may not know, the MintPal voting system is already successfully Sybil attacked on an ongoing basis.

btc38 already agreed that this is unworkable:

If we allow user only have one vote, they can register more account to vote.
If we forbid new account, other would not visit our website.
It is a mind-bending problems

Elsewhere in this thread someone mentioned something to the effect of "making it harder to vote makes it harder to use", which is also true. If, for example, you use GPG as a way of reducing identity, you make it substantially harder for non-technical traders to vote, but you don't stop someone clever from creating thousands of GPG keys. Right now there is no solution to this - Intel tried to solve this by baking an RSA key into their TPM module that all business laptops have, but that is years away from streamlined integration into a browser, and even then it's problematic because some ethernet cards come with a TPM module.

life2you

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 09:39:26 AM

btc38..imo you should add more coins .
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 11:53:24 AM

so for example if you have voting and make it in CNY - anyone can transfer Crypto to a crypto listed there and then buy CNY to vote on a currency.

What just happened?

A - Well you know that the people that voted on the currency have an account because
B-  they had to log in and transferred a crypto to CNY  on your platform.
C- this means then that there was a cost and it doesn't discriminate The cost was in both Time and a small amount of CNY
D - so you make a vote work XXX CNY - a fairly low cost

but look what had to be done to achieve the vote THIS is the important part about voting.

I don't think this is a workable solution. Not only will this put downward pressure on their cryptocurrencies against CNY, but it is not impervious to Sybil / sockpuppet attacks as mentioned further up in this thread. It's also no more progressive than MintPal, who require you have actively traded a minimum amount before you can vote (albeit with a removal of the paid voting), and as you may or may not know, the MintPal voting system is already successfully Sybil attacked on an ongoing basis.

btc38 already agreed that this is unworkable:

If we allow user only have one vote, they can register more account to vote.
If we forbid new account, other would not visit our website.
It is a mind-bending problems

Elsewhere in this thread someone mentioned something to the effect of "making it harder to vote makes it harder to use", which is also true. If, for example, you use GPG as a way of reducing identity, you make it substantially harder for non-technical traders to vote, but you don't stop someone clever from creating thousands of GPG keys. Right now there is no solution to this - Intel tried to solve this by baking an RSA key into their TPM module that all business laptops have, but that is years away from streamlined integration into a browser, and even then it's problematic because some ethernet cards come with a TPM module.

I think you are missing the point and not thinking outside the box :

1. only list crypto that meet a set of specific regulations

2. then open voting.

you are confused re CNY it would provide zero pressure on any crypto.

- user logs in

- user trans crypto to CNY (any they chose in the current crosses)

- user puts in a bid on a crypto

regarding multiple accounts who cares its irrelevant, if they really want to see it list so bad and its passed the (scam test ) more power to them .

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 01:12:08 PM

[quote author=digitalindustry link=topic=716301.msg8134671#msg8134671 date=1406894I think you are missing the point and not thinking outside the box :

2. then open voting.

- user logs in

regarding multiple accounts who cares its irrelevant, if they really want to see it list so bad and its passed the (scam test ) more power to them .
[/quote]

Selling any cryptocurrency for CNY for the purpose of voting puts downwards pressure on those cryptocurrencies. It may not be measurable or relevant at first, but when someone dumps a crapload of coins so that they can vote for the next coin they've mined at low difficulty the market will feel it.

btc38 has already pointed out earlier that they won't look at voting systems that can be Sybil attacked, so it is relevant.

digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 01:22:19 PM

[quote author=digitalindustry link=topic=716301.msg8134671#msg8134671 date=1406894I think you are missing the point and not thinking outside the box :

2. then open voting.

- user logs in

Selling any cryptocurrency for CNY for the purpose of voting puts downwards pressure on those cryptocurrencies. It may not be measurable or relevant at first, but when someone dumps a crapload of coins so that they can vote for the next coin they've mined at low difficulty the market will feel it.

btc38 has already pointed out earlier that they won't look at voting systems that can be Sybil attacked, so it is relevant.
[/quote]

i totally don't know who you are but you are missing the point ..

yeah so if someone sells a currency to "vote" on another so what? that's called "the free market"

and then someone else might come and buy it, thats also called the "free market"

and its all volume for BTC38.

Sybil argument is irrelevant.

you sound like someone that might be scared that vote spamming will be more difficult?, in the end i don't care, there is a lot of spam out there already, but add a "cost" to vote and you weed a lot of it out.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 01:40:46 PM

Develop a set of criteria that a coin must meet in order to be listed, and publish that list of criteria. Also publish conditions under which a coin will be removed from listing (including fraudulent activity on the part of the developer(s)). Include risk assessments in the criteria (the coin code must be open source or subjected to 3rd party review, premine below some %, and so on). Learn from your mistakes and update the criteria as needed. In short: Hold devs accountable and protect your customers.

Not accepting every copycat coin that comes along may cost you some revenue in the short run, but if you work to protect your customers you will pick up more business over the long run as they leave other exchanges where they keep getting burned.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 01:42:27 PM

How about BTC38 vets the coins themselves? Voting clearly does not work. Maybe you guys should hire someone to investigate new coins and existing coins to see if they are worthy of being exchanged. After all, you guys are the ones making all the money. Re-invest into your exchange. Protect your clients and I guarantee you'll be the #1 exchange for a long time.
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 01:55:39 PM

How about BTC38 vets the coins themselves? Voting clearly does not work. Maybe you guys should hire someone to investigate new coins and existing coins to see if they are worthy of being exchanged. After all, you guys are the ones making all the money. Re-invest into your exchange. Protect your clients and I guarantee you'll be the #1 exchange for a long time.

I suggest that - plus a token vote

the point of the vote was make it in CNY so the user has to sign up and trade for CNY then vote.

vote wouldn't even need to be binding - but would be a guide.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
btc38 (OP)

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 08:22:15 AM

Thanks @digitalindustry @Miso69 @ebliever @fluffypony for precious idea.

We have a criteria to add a coin to our voting system, but it is not very clear.
If we set a clearly criteria, we are worried that many coin will try everything to reach criteria.
While the true worthy coin will not care about the criteria.

digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 12:08:41 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2014, 12:22:05 PM by digitalindustry

Thanks @digitalindustry @Miso69 @ebliever @fluffypony for precious idea.

We have a criteria to add a coin to our voting system, but it is not very clear.
If we set a clearly criteria, we are worried that many coin will try everything to reach criteria.
While the true worthy coin will not care about the criteria.

biggest reform you can do right now is to fix the front page -

so if i'm an English speaker i go to "google" and search "BTC38"

https://www.google.com.au/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=btc38&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gfe_rd=cr&ei=sXbfU_HtH8vC8gfK_4CIAQ

click the top link :

http://www.btc38.com/

^^^^^^

Here on this front page there is NO indication that any of this site is English

You need a big Button< that says    "English here" ( with an English flag)

and then where its clicked (POW!) the site is in English - this will boost your English speaking customers  !

because they speak English, and wear Hawaiian shirts in winter.  

Ok so that's just an example......

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: