Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:47:31 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: keyboard does not work during windows login  (Read 735 times)
NiceSoft12 (OP)

Activity: 433
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 10:33:01 PM

For windows 7, during windows login the keys a-z does not work.  But other keys work such as caps lock (the system will warn that you have cap lock on or off)

A restart fixes this however.  Also when using a guest account and installing a software, it prompts to admin login, and the A-Z an 0-9 again doesn't work, but other keys work such as ~.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3098

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 10:50:50 PM

For windows 7, during windows login the keys a-z does not work.  But other keys work such as caps lock (the system will warn that you have cap lock on or off)

A restart fixes this however.  Also when using a guest account and installing a software, it prompts to admin login, and the A-Z an 0-9 again doesn't work, but other keys work such as ~.

Have you tried a different keyboard?  They are only $10.

Also, try plugging the keyboard into a different USB slot.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
NiceSoft12 (OP)

Activity: 433
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 11:17:39 PM

Yeah it's not a seperate keyboard.  Its the laptop keyboard.  Right now it is working fine.  It's just that when i lock screen and try to log back on, the alphnumeric keys don't work.  Other keys do work however, such as caps lock, weird symbols.  and if i restart, they work again.
marryXmas

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 11:50:51 PM

Have you tried a different keyboard?  They are only $10.

Also, try plugging the keyboard into a different USB slot.
I think this sounds more like a software issue then a hardware issue if the keyboard works at other times.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3098

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 11:51:07 PM

Yeah it's not a seperate keyboard.  Its the laptop keyboard.  Right now it is working fine.  It's just that when i lock screen and try to log back on, the alphnumeric keys don't work.  Other keys do work however, such as caps lock, weird symbols.  and if i restart, they work again.

Sounds like a windows problem, and one that will probably be difficult to diagnose.  I did a quick Google search and didn't find anything, so that means it's not a problem with a large user base.

Go into device manager, try uninstalling the keyboard and let Windows reinstall it - see if that works.

Your only other alternative is to reinstall windows.  Sad

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 02:32:52 PM

options:

1)Use the virtual keyboard to login if the keyboard works fine after the start

2)Use other USB keboard to login in(there are keyboards made to be used on notebooks)

3)Reinstall windows and see if it is solved.
Fiora

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 03:35:20 PM

or buy another keyboard?
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 09:37:03 AM

or buy another keyboard?

Or read the 3rd post - it's the laptop's keyboard.  While he could plug a wireless transmitter on there and get past the logon that way it would be cumbersome - especially since laptops are meant to be ported.
forever21

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:03:54 AM

have you choose the type of keybord during installation? this same happens to me when i install the kali linux on my system and i choose A different type of keyboard accidentally then i reinstall it again
naypalm
Legendary

Activity: 1272
Merit: 1012

howdy

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 10:43:09 AM

I've had laptops that had the magnetic lid sensor fail so that the laptop thinks the lid is always closed and thus turns the keyboard off. Usually unplugging that sensor did the trick Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: