Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:42:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: can bitcoin do it, how and why?
yes i think - 12 (85.7%)
maybe not - 2 (14.3%)
Total Voters: 14

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: can bitcoin overcome the actual currency? will the wolrd bank allow it?  (Read 1518 times)
Virtue (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:21:27 AM

last couple of months i've noticed bitcoin is already running in some places, industry and even money transactions like foriegn exchange. the usage of bitcoin is still growing. you cannot call bitcoin as a legal tender says the IRS, but if bussinessmen and some people in high industry countinue using crypto-currency there's a posibility that someday it may
williamj2543

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 01:23:38 AM

last couple of months i've noticed bitcoin is already running in some places, industry and even money transactions like foriegn exchange. the usage of bitcoin is still growing. you cannot call bitcoin as a legal tender says the IRS, but if bussinessmen and some people in high industry countinue using crypto-currency there's a posibility that someday it may
Of course its possible, and the world bank wouldn't want it to happen, but if the world decides to use bitcoin and stops using fiat, then it will overcome. The way that bitcoin will overcome is for the public to see its true values and reasons of creation, instead of seeing only bad things on the news. Bitcoin also needs to see some more company adoption, other than the tech industry (Dell.com, newegg, tigerdirect accept it now). Starbucks accepting would be cool, integrated with their starbucks card, fast would would be nice, just about everything would be better with bitcoin.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
AliceWonder

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:25:29 AM

Bitcoin will never be legal tender but it doesn't need to be.

All that matters with any currency is if you can buy stuff with it.

In some places, they use prepaid cell phone minutes as currency.

It's not legal tender but people accept it for payment and that is all that ever matters.

Legal Tender I believe just means that if you owe money to someone, and the law is brought in, what you have to pay is expressed in that currency.

QuarkCoin - what I believe bitcoin was intended to be. On reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 02:38:20 AM

It's not the decision of the world bank, it's the decision of the world.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
yitingyou

Activity: 50

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 02:45:25 AM

China would be the first one to stand up to ban it
qwerty555

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 03:37:12 AM
Last edit: July 30, 2014, 04:00:22 AM by qwerty555

Bitcoin will never be legal tender but it doesn't need to be.

All that matters with any currency is if you can buy stuff with it.

In some places, they use prepaid cell phone minutes as currency.

It's not legal tender but people accept it for payment and that is all that ever matters.

Legal Tender I believe just means that if you owe money to someone, and the law is brought in, what you have to pay is expressed in that currency.

+1

You can already buy almost anything with it using one of the many available sites

world bank and nations will eventually copy it with their own as its is a faster cheaper more accountable (and eventually) more secure and less open to fraud system.

In fact its already started..no doubt there will be hiccups on the way as with anything new but most will eventually adopt a similar system ( with or without the ability to "print" more coins)

https://www.google.com.ph/search?q=nations+creating+their+own+crypto&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb&gfe_rd=cr&ei=_GjYU9KgBOjF8gfR0oDQBw
lesnod11

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 06:38:08 AM

The IRS is calling it 'property' and wants to tax it..... don't get me started on the IRS, but as for btc: I would say the fact that it's raising questions and that organizations like the IRS are addressing it, shows that it's moving in the direction where banks like the 'wolrd' bank have to both address it and I believe at some point start treating it like a currency.
qwerty555

Activity: 405

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:12:12 AM
Last edit: July 30, 2014, 07:25:02 AM by qwerty555

The IRS is calling it 'property' and wants to tax it..... don't get me started on the IRS, but as for btc: I would say the fact that it's raising questions and that organizations like the IRS are addressing it, shows that it's moving in the direction where banks like the 'wolrd' bank have to both address it and I believe at some point start treating it like a currency.

yes..It is possible that they will reverse that at some point but it is more likely that the USA will introduce their own legal tender crypto in the future(monetary reform)...decimalization (monetary reform Smiley  ) in the  1970.s UK was effected without too much disruption but its doable WHEN they want to.

As property in the USA ...only the increase in value attracts tax...so if the price is stabilized very little tax is payable..if the value goes down then I assume you can offset the loss and reduce your total tax payment due..if it is mined then the mining cost (currently allegedly $500/ coin ish) then costs are offset against tax..a good accountant could probably compute a zero tax liability..

Or just move transactions out of USA jurisdiction..what are Cayman Island  Jersey accounts for fiat used for if not to avoid tax

to put it in context

The current total value of bitcoin of 8B worldwide is a drop in the bucket for the IRS..they will/should use resources available on bigger problems

ps  a National crypto currency system could very well reduce the shadow economy and tax avoidance/evasion considerably...i think that has "clicked" with the powers that be and is the future of money...It will not be bitcoin due to the "anonimity" but bitcoin will probably co exist.

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2013/sep/27/tax-evasion-how-much-does-it-cost-a-country

oceans

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:44:59 AM

I would never rule out the possibility of bitcoin becoming an actual currency, the banks more than likely will try to prevent it however it's not about what the banks want but more what the public use more. If bitcoin becomes more popular with the public and becomes used more by businesses it could be that more people use it over their own Country's currency. One day I feel that banks may just have to accept it as a currency whether they like it or not.
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:55:30 AM

I would never rule out the possibility of bitcoin becoming an actual currency, the banks more than likely will try to prevent it however it's not about what the banks want but more what the public use more. If bitcoin becomes more popular with the public and becomes used more by businesses it could be that more people use it over their own Country's currency. One day I feel that banks may just have to accept it as a currency whether they like it or not.

I actually think that game theory will come into play here and Bitcoin will eventually gain acceptance among banks.  What I mean by this is that if all banks collude to reject Bitcoin they will be successful.  But what will actually happen is one bank will realize the profit to be made from embracing Bitcoin and start providing Bitcoin services. After making high levels of profits, the other banks will follow their decision. 

But of course that is just in theory  Tongue
Whitehouse

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:20:19 AM

It doesnt even matter whether some government officially recognizes it as legal tender. It's a currency and people are using it so we don't need their consent. If people believe it has worth and is a currency then it is one. Let the people decide, not corrupt governments.

qiuxiang

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:20:09 PM

I think it will, based on recent trends.

jonanon

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 06:19:35 AM

I think the beauty of bitcoin is that the it is not up to single organisation to 'allow' it or not, they can't stop it from taking hold. It is down to the people to choose it as a superior tool for monetary purposes.
DreadIsBack

Activity: 32

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 06:48:53 AM

May be soon we'll see absolutely new cryptocurrency that will kill bitcoin. It could be...
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 06:58:47 AM

May be soon we'll see absolutely new cryptocurrency that will kill bitcoin. It could be...
Unlikely within the next 5 years
dzexo

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:58:03 AM

Bitcoin after few years will become the international currency  Grin
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:31:46 AM

stop using bank to store your money.
it's the first step to kill world bank inflation profits.

in others words, DO A BANK RUN !
DoubleBEE

Activity: 40

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 11:04:40 AM

stop using bank to store your money.
it's the first step to kill world bank inflation profits.

in others words, DO A BANK RUN !
if everything was so easy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: