Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 02:01:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Iron dome intercepts volleys of rockets all over Israel 29/7/2014  (Read 2438 times)
muldoonski

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 01:30:34 AM

Iron dome will only work for primitive hamas. Their rocket will only fly straight lines that is why it is easy to shot down.

I think Iron dome is easy to defeat.

Make those rockets move faster and move randomly.

Shhhh - don't tell Hamas.   Just make the rockets "move randomly".

You have a job ahead of you in coaching.

"Ok - kick the ball where the goalie isn't ok?"

Dude...stop it.

Israel has a GDP of 242 billion.   They can/should be paying for Iron Dome & other war efforts on their own.   Human and financial, 2 costs of war.
Mobius

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 03:56:50 AM

Meanwhile Hamas has built all these complexes of underground tunnels to smuggle weapons in yet won't build bunker shelters for their people.

If Israel ended their illegal seige on Gaza, there wouldn't be as much need to have so many tunnels to import supplies/food etc.

Not saying that would stop all weapons being smuggled but it would surely help.

The tunnels into Egypt from Gaza are for food and medical supplies and stuff, the tunnels into Israel from Gaza are solely for attacking Israel.
AFAIK there are no tunnels into Egypt, they are all into Israel. None of them are for anything that would benefit the citizens of Gaza in any way. They are all for attacking Israel.

Gaza does not need tunnels for medical supplies or food because Israel gives the citizens of Gaza food and medical supplies above ground.
muldoonski

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 06:00:24 AM

AFAIK there are no tunnels into Egypt, they are all into Israel. None of them are for anything that would benefit the citizens of Gaza in any way. They are all for attacking Israel.

Gaza does not need tunnels for medical supplies or food because Israel gives the citizens of Gaza food and medical supplies above ground.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/palestinianauthority/10061587/KFC-smuggled-into-Gaza-from-Egypt-through-underground-tunnels.html
Tusk

Activity: 444
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 06:38:15 AM

The Tanks, Aircraft, Missiles, Bombs...... are for attacking Palestinians
LOL.

Don't flatter yourself.

As of 2013, Israel had been condemned in 45 resolutions by United Nations Human Rights Council since its creation in 2006—the Council had resolved almost more resolutions condemning Israel than on the rest of the world combined. The 45 resolutions comprised almost half (45.9%) of all country-specific resolutions passed by the Council

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_UN_resolutions_concerning_Israel_and_Palestine

From the ashes rises the Phoenix. Viva the block chain, Viva BitCoin!
Starscream

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 02:18:17 PM

LOL.

Don't flatter yourself.

As of 2013, Israel had been condemned in 45 resolutions by United Nations Human Rights Council since its creation in 2006—the Council had resolved almost more resolutions condemning Israel than on the rest of the world combined. The 45 resolutions comprised almost half (45.9%) of all country-specific resolutions passed by the Council

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_UN_resolutions_concerning_Israel_and_Palestine
Thank you for showing how biased the UN is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_Nations_resolutions_concerning_Syria

Only 4 resolution, 1 of which is specifically regarding the chemical weapons and has nothing to do directly with the civil war there so essentially there has been only 3 resolution, nothing since 2013.

Oh, and, a small detail, thus far there have been at least 150,000 death in Syria (this is in about 3.5 years), whereas in Israel, about 18,000 palestinians died since 48' (that's 66 years).
That's 117 death per day vs 0.74 death per day.
muldoonski

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 03:34:33 PM

Oh, and, a small detail, thus far there have been at least 150,000 death in Syria (this is in about 3.5 years), whereas in Israel, about 18,000 palestinians died since 48' (that's 66 years).

There ya go.   The stats prove it's a non issue.   Geezus

FYI - for those saying the tunnels serve one purpose only....

Unfortunately, since Gaza tends more and more
towards a cash economy based upon movement of goods through
its tunnels to the Sinai, it becomes increasingly difficult
to estimate this amount with accuracy.
https://wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/08TELAVIV2447_a.html#efmAZWAbdAgIAja
Starscream

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 03:39:43 PM

There ya go.   The stats prove it's a non issue.   Geezus

FYI - for those saying the tunnels serve one purpose only....

Unfortunately, since Gaza tends more and more
towards a cash economy based upon movement of goods through
its tunnels to the Sinai, it becomes increasingly difficult
to estimate this amount with accuracy.
https://wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/08TELAVIV2447_a.html#efmAZWAbdAgIAja
Stats prove that the UN is biased. Unless you're saying 150,000 dead are somehow insignificant when compared to the palestinians?
I never denied there's an issue there, but trying to portrait what's happening there as the worse thing in the world, genocide, or other nonsense is just plain retarded.

As far as the tunnels go, when people say they serve one purpose, they refer to the tunnels that go into Israel - those do serve a single purpose.
Mobius

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:55:36 PM

LOL.

Don't flatter yourself.

Haamas is very good at PR. They make it so Israel is forced to bomb schools and houses by keeping military supplies and personal there and then blame Israel for the resulting civilian causalities. Hammas is really to blame for these causalities as they are using the civilians as human shields.
muldoonski

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 05:10:02 PM

Haamas is very good at PR. They make it so Israel is forced to bomb schools and houses by keeping military supplies and personal there and then blame Israel for the resulting civilian causalities. Hammas is really to blame for these causalities as they are using the civilians as human shields.

Everyone from the UN to Amnesty International are in on the ruse too I guess right?

Oh right...it's only Israel and America and everyone else supports Hamas.

Give me a break.

Good at PR?   120+ Palestinians killed after an IDF soldier was "kidnapped during a ceasefire".   Who cares that days later they reveal his was killed in combat....not kidnapped (as admitted by Israel now and claimed from Hamas from day 1)

Yeah...only one side uses PR

Both do.  Blowing up a school with a missile is better than blowing it up with a suicide vest?  Oh right..because there was weapons there - so those 5 year olds pay the price.
atc1

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 07:06:31 PM

The more Hamas keeps firing into civilian areas, the greater the consequences. They can stop anytime they want but continue.... gluttons for punishment.
The worst part is their attack strategy is failing so badly. Yet they will not stop. The answer is because they want their own civilians killed to use as propaganda.that is Hamas real weapon.
I'm surprised that the Palestinian people are not stopping Hamas. Their loss is much more than the damage they are inflicting on Israel. The LTTE did the same thing of using civilians to cover their soldiers and they lost a large amount of support form the local population.

muldoonski

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 07:33:25 PM

I'm surprised that the Palestinian people are not stopping Hamas.

Why haven't the people of Iraq stopped ISIS?

What haven't the citizens of Chicago stopped gang violence?
atc1

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 07:37:14 PM

I'm surprised that the Palestinian people are not stopping Hamas.

ISIS is compromised of armed foreigners that want to take over their own country.
Gang violence is anonymous and there's the police.
Read the above example first before commenting.

muldoonski

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 07:59:31 PM

ISIS is compromised of armed foreigners that want to take over their own country.
Gang violence is anonymous and there's the police.
Read the above example first before commenting.

I'll comment whenever I want, douche.

Tell me how these folks in Gaza should "stop" Hamas?   Should they vote that they want peace with Israel (like polls show they wanted pre-July). 

Please, enlighten us how these absolutely shell shocked, and essentially imprisoned people, should rise up against what they (right or wrong) consider to be their own military.

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 12:24:36 AM

The more Hamas keeps firing into civilian areas, the greater the consequences. They can stop anytime they want but continue.... gluttons for punishment.
The worst part is their attack strategy is failing so badly. Yet they will not stop. The answer is because they want their own civilians killed to use as propaganda.that is Hamas real weapon.
Sad but true.  And Iron Dome neutralizes the terror and propaganda effects of their amateur rockets.

That is why I am impressed with the system.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 02:23:18 AM

‘Don’t Use Me’: Reporter Admits Seeing Rocket Fired from Gaza Hospital, then Blasts Pro-Israel Media for Quoting Her

A correspondent covering the Gaza conflict for a Finnish media outlet reported seeing a rocket being launched from Gaza City’s main hospital, Shifa, but later lashed out at the pro-Israel media for its “disgusting” use of her report as a “propaganda weapon.”

The report filed by Aishi Zidan of Finland’s Helsingin Sanomat noted that the rocket was fired from the backyard of the hospital. Israel has widely derided Hamas for what it calls a human shields policy, hiding its military assets and firing from behind civilian sites including mosques, schools and hospitals. Here is the video of Zidan’s report which was first discovered by the blog Tundra Tabloids (for English translation, ensure that captions are enabled):

[...]
A translation of the Finnish report obtained by the blog Legal Insurrection read, “Also, a rocket attack was conducted from the ‘backyard’ of the hospital at 2 o’clock in the morning. It (the rocket launch), in fact, happened somewhere close by because the noise right here at the hospital area was really loud. Indeed, these rockets launched here from the Gazan side (of the border) are headed into Israel.”

Following the posting of her report on pro-Israel blogs, Zidan took to Facebook this weekend, writing, “Don’t use me as your propaganda weapon.”

Noting the main purpose of her report was to cover the “Palestinian civilians who were victims of war,” Zidan wrote, “During the night someone launched a rocket somewhere behind the hospital. Now this sentence from my article is spreading in the pro-Israeli medias. I mentioned this in my article because I’m a professional journalist. I try to cover the events truthfully as I see them and I strongly condemn these kind of actions.”

“But I find it very disgusting how this one sentence was taken out context to be used as an excuse to target civilians in Gaza. My story became quickly a tool of propaganda. The people sharing this story are not even trying to understand the situation as a whole. They are just looking for excuses to Israeli actions in Gaza,” she added.

“I refuse to be part of this kind of propaganda,” she concluded.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/08/03/dont-use-me-reporter-admits-seeing-rocket-fired-from-gaza-hospital-then-blasts-pro-israel-media-for-quoting-her%E2%80%A8/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
She refuses to be part of THIS kind of propaganda, this kind... But she is ok for THAT kind... Hmm.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 06:18:56 AM

Why can't the ISIS fight against Israel? Too scared?

The last time I heard, they were massacring non-Muslim (Yazidi and Assyrian) men in Sinjar and raping the women. Seems like fighting against the unarmed civilians is much easier, when compared to fighting against the Israelis.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 02:15:52 AM

Captured Hamas Combat Manual Explains Benefits of Human Shields

A Hamas manual on "Urban Warfare" found by the Israeli Defense Forces makes it unmistakably clear that Hamas desires civilian casualties amongst its own people and encourages its fighters to engage in battles in civilian populated areas in order to draw an Israeli response.

"Where is the U.N. Human Rights Council? Where is Amnesty International? Where is Human Rights Watch? Where is the international media and Middle East pundits. Where are all the lawfare experts? Here is 'Exhibit A' to indict Hamas for war crimes and crimes against humanity by placing the people of Gaza as human shields," said Rabbis Marvin Hier and Abraham Cooper, dean and founder and associate dean of the Simon Wiesenthal Center.

IDF forces in the Gaza Strip found a Hamas manual on “Urban Warfare,” which belonged to the Shuja’iya Brigade of Hamas’ military wing, the Al-Qassam Brigades. The manual explains how the civilian population can be used against IDF forces and reveals that Hamas knows the IDF is committed to minimizing harm to civilians.

Throughout Operation Protective Edge, Hamas has continuously used the civilian population of Gaza as human shields. The discovery of a Hamas “urban warfare” manual by IDF forces reveals that Hamas’ callous use of the Gazan population was intentional and preplanned.

This Hamas urban warfare manual exposes two truths: (1) The terror group knows full well that the IDF will do what it can to limit civilian casualties. (2) The terror group exploits these efforts by using civilians as human shields against advancing IDF forces.

In a portion entitled “Limiting the Use of Weapons,” the manual explains that:

The soldiers and commanders (of the IDF) must limit their use of weapons and tactics that lead to the harm and unnecessary loss of people and [destruction of] civilian facilities. It is difficult for them to get the most use out of their firearms, especially of supporting fire [e.g. artillery].

Clearly Hamas knows the IDF will limit its use of weapons in order to avoid harming civilians, including refraining from using larger firepower to support for infantry.

The manual goes on to explain that the “presence of civilians are pockets of resistance” that cause three major problems for advancing troops:

(1) Problems with opening fire
(2) Problems in controlling the civilian population during operations and afterward
(3) Assurance of supplying medical care to civilians who need it

Lastly, the manual discusses the benefits for Hamas when civilian homes are destroyed:

The destruction of civilian homes: This increases the hatred of the citizens towards the attackers [the IDF] and increases their gathering [support] around the city defenders (resistance forces[i.e. Hamas]).

It is clear that Hamas actually desires the destruction of homes and civilian infrastructure, knowing it will increase hatred for the IDF and support their fighters.

http://www.idfblog.com/blog/2014/08/04/captured-hamas-combat-manual-explains-benefits-human-shields/

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:22:48 AM

Damning Video: Indian TV Appears to Catch Hamas Red-Handed Outside Its Hotel

An Indian journalist appears to have captured the lifecycle of a Hamas rocket on camera, from clandestine construction to launch in a crowded area.

In a video report posted to YouTube Tuesday, Indian news outlet NDTV shows what appears to be a portable rocket construction site.

As reporter Sreenivasan Jain notes, a suspicious blue tent is erected in the middle of a dense urban area on Monday morning — on the very doorstep of Jain’s hotel — and a trio of men moves in and out of the tent carrying supplies.

Jain believes the tent to be hiding rocket construction, and notes the ramifications of that possibility.

“[The tent's use as a rocket building site] establishes something which Hamas has always been accused of, that they actually use densely populated civilian areas to fire their rockets,” Jain says. “You’ll see that this is an area [that is] very heavily built up, a lot of residential and hotel buildings all around. If Hamas does fire a rocket from here, it will have immediate consequences for everyone around here.”

On Tuesday morning, the video notes, a rocket is fired from nearly the same spot.

Jain and his camera crew investigate, but keep a safe distance: The possibility of an Israeli counterstrike has rendered the whole area around Jain’s hotel dangerous.

http://youtu.be/A_fP6mlNSK8

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/08/05/video-indian-tv-appears-to-catch-hamas-building-red-handed-outside-its-hotel/

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Live from CNN Christiane? When?

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 03:02:12 PM

Hamas said to have executed dozens of tunnel diggers

Any excavator who was suspected of collaborating with Israel was killed, Israeli website reports

Hamas executed dozens of diggers responsible for its extensive tunnel system in past weeks, fearing the workers would reveal the site locations to Israel, a report on the Mako website’s army blog said

There was no independent confirmation of the report

The tunnelers, many of whom constructed the tunnels over the course of months, would dig for 8-12 hours a day, and received a monthly wage of $150-$300, according to the blog.

Sources in Gaza told the website that Hamas took a series of precautions to prevent information from reaching Israel. The terror organization would reportedly blindfold the excavators en route to the sites and back, to prevent them from recognizing the locations. The tunnels were strictly supervised by Hamas members, and civilians were kept far from the sites.

M., a former tunnel digger and Israeli collaborator, told the website that Hamas would strip search the workers to ensure they had no recording devices or cameras hidden on them.

“The people we met had their faces covered; no one knew them by their real names, it was all codes and first names. They didn’t want to take the risk that some of the diggers were collaborating with Israel,” he said.

A tunnel, within a civilian home, found by Golani soldiers in the northern Gaza Strip (photo credit: IDF Spokesperson's Unit/ Flash 90)
A tunnel entrance, within a civilian home, found by Golani soldiers in the northern Gaza Strip (photo credit: IDF Spokesperson’s Unit/ Flash 90)

After the tunnels were completed, dozens were reportedly executed to prevent intelligence leaks to Israel.

“Anyone they suspected might transfer information to Israel on the tunnels was killed by the military wing,” a different source said. “They were very cruel.”

http://www.timesofisrael.com/hamas-said-to-have-executed-dozens-of-tunnel-diggers/

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: