Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:25:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WARNING] Nxt is a scam and I have PROOF  (Read 5107 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1121

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:52:36 PM

When I was young I was always shocked by inequity and unfairness.
I was violently reacting to it until the day I understood that I won't fix everything by myself and that "fairness" is an idea, an utopia, not a possible reality.

The worst is that the more you try to fix inequities, the more you take the freedom from people.
Everything has a cost. You cannot have a fair nation without control and oppression.

My view is that inequity and unfairness is indeed bad but it is the cost to pay to have property rights and a bit of freedom.
"Freedom" also is an utopia but more concrete and possible than "fairness".
I think that crying about the distribution of wealth on forums is a lost cause and a waste of time.
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:55:33 PM

Ok,

The assertions you have made with no or counterproductive evidence and I have asnwered fully and with links where appropriate and requested, are:

i) MGW was run like an exchange and couldn't be run by none exchange owners- so you agree that its centralised exchange run by exchange owners
ii) That 3-4 people control 75% of Nxt (you still provide no links to blockchain data) If James word is not enough.......he is one of leading nextcoin developers
iii) Attacking Nxt on the grounds of distribution and to be avoided but thinking Ripple is fine to use I dont attack nextcoin at all, and I compare it to Ripple only because it stole all of its ideas from Ripple
iv) Secret pump and dump of jl777holdl on polo when everything was transparent and publicI never said it was secret, actually when I asked that JL777 on nextcoin thread I posted link to, please stop lying about what I said
v) That Ripple is decentralised in the definitions only Ripple users identify with, and the impact this has on your arguments assertions.I dont understand a word you are trying to say
vi) refusing to see the difference between an idea implemented and an idea implemented successfully, and the innovation required to overcome the barriers between the two concepts.you may be mentally disabled. I said that other coins had asset exchange before, so dont understand what you are trying to say at all
vii) When failing in all these attempts to spread FUD, attack me personally.Which fud am I spreading? Saying that nextcoin stole all ideas from other coins but claims to be innovative? Even come-from-above-and-beyond said everything is stolen and only innovation will be transparent forging

Anyone can check this summary against the last couple of pages for accuracy. of course, everyone can check it lol, and say what? next copied all other coins

Finally, I have posted that picture as I found it confusing. It went against all the accepted definitions of Decentralised / Distributed / Centralised I had come across. Come-from-Beyond replied to me and I forget the wording but basically said 'it's a Ripple thing, they use different definitions'. I think it was in the Price Speculation thread if you want to browse it while doing your research  Cheesy you did not post that picture and it wasnt about Ripple's definition at all, and come-from-above-and-beyond didnt even take part in that discussion, it was between me and devphp mainly and lasted for a couple of pages

Till next time...  Cheesy

Re-read from here if you want me to restate what my arguments are and why you are wrong: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=716818.msg8099922#msg8099922

Maybe understand them before you try and respond again.
atoni

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:58:55 PM

Either I am on your ignore list, or you just refuse to answer my question: Do you, or do you not have facts to back up your assumptions about distribution.

Until the basis of your argument is solid, any further conclusions drawn from it are moot.

It's a basic methodology that cannot be ignored if you want to have a discussion that leads to valid conclusions.

I already answered that. My conclusions come from James word and I am pretty sure he knows all larger holders so his word is good enough for me.

Your methodology is false one, I my self own 4 nextcoin wallets and dont even have nextcoin. So how many wallets do those that have it have? You know yourself that very well

So it's an appeal to authority. Glad to have cleared that up.
That means there is no way to dispute your claims, as they are based on your choice to trust this authority, not on original research.
James himself admits in the article you so gladly selectively quote that his conclusions are based on a "guesstimate".
We're at least clear now on how solid the basis for your conclusions is.

Your second argument is just logically unsound.

Your syllogism goes thus:

Minor premise: I own 4 nextcoin wallets
Major premise: All of my wallets are empty
Conclusion: All large nextcoin holders hold multiple wallets
Addendum: you know I am right.

Um...?

Are you actually saying that people dont have multiple accounts to hold funds? LOL, nice methodology you use, to me mine is a lot better as its known fact that people use more accounts and that account explorer doesnt mean anything.

This is becoming a farse
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:06:14 PM

Farce is the word you need, Atoni.

It is pretty obvious that this thread is intended as a FUD attack on NXT, and an attempt to pump EXO:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709528.0

Very coincidental that Cryptonaut and Atoni are the first 2 posts in the above EXO thread.....

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
achimsmile
Legendary

Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:08:18 PM

its known fact that people use more accounts and that account explorer doesnt mean anything.

I'm still waiting on your proof that 75% of Nxt is owned by 3-4 people.

"Coz James told me so" is no proof.
atoni

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:09:52 PM

It is pretty obvious that this thread is intended as a FUD attack on NXT, and an attempt to pump EXO:

Very coincidental that Cryptonaut and Atoni are the first 2 posts in the above EXO thread.....

LOL, that was a joke from me. You can see all my posts in those couple of days that were all jokes.
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:10:14 PM

Nice way to turn me commenting on your line of arguing into something completely different.

No, I am not disputing the fact that many many many people have multiple wallets.
I have multiple wallets, too.

I am commenting on the conclusions you draw.

You make claims as if they are solid gold truth, yet the underlying arguments for these claims are much less solid than you present them: *that's* my problem!

Your distribution claim is based on an appeal to authority.
Your wallet conclusion is based on "I do it, so it must be true for the large stakeholders, too".

Let me reiterate: your concern for security is fine.
Your claims that a lot of the features in Nxt are also present in other systems are fine.

You will find no argument from me there, because both are valid and true. Security is paramount in crypto.
I don't share your apparent view that having the same features as other currencies is a bad thing, but that's not really a dividing line.

What amazes me is that for all that, you seem to feel the need to bash on a single small, and not very well documented argument, based on an article that can easily be disputed to make your concerns into fact.

I have yet to see any "fact" on distribution from you, apart from your reference to James' article.

I ask again: do you have anything else apart from: "James said it. I trust James." to back up your points on distribution?

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
atoni

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:10:28 PM

its known fact that people use more accounts and that account explorer doesnt mean anything.

Well if you dont believe leading nextcoin developer then ok. I am not forcing you to believe it
Isildur23

Activity: 178

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:11:21 PM

Anyways, bussiness guys love Nxt because it has the best features... (oh wait, the Digital Goods Store is launching soon...)

Btw The only reason Nxt's volume is relatively small is because it is nt just another shit coin and Nxters know that and don't just pump and dump it all the time...

Ties are a prison for the soul...
achimsmile
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:12:49 PM

Well if you dont believe leading nextcoin developer then ok. I am not forcing you to believe it

Where's the evidence, atoni?

"believe" does not count  Roll Eyes
EvilDave

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:15:17 PM

LOL, that was a joke from me. You can see all my posts in those couple of days that were all jokes.

Most of your posts are jokes.
Can we finally see some evidence of your claims ?

Damelon
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:16:35 PM

Actually, I know James very well.

I just find it funny you are cherrypicking a "lead dev", who is actually a 3rd party dev that doesn't work on the core at all to support your conclusions. Cheesy

atoni

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:19:02 PM

That is true, most of my posts are jokes but not when it comes to nextcoin. I am simply irritated by its community that posts on almost every thread on this forum.

Which evidence do you need? that nextconi copied almost all of its features from other coins? Or the distribution, there is cannot be evidence about distribution except what people that know all big holders say, and James said it very well. You can argue that that is not valid argument and that is ok, to me word of leading developer means something.
atoni

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:21:05 PM

Actually, I know James very well.

I just find it funny you are cherrypicking a "lead dev", who is actually a 3rd party dev that doesn't work on the core at all to support your conclusions. Cheesy

Almost every post that mentions who are nextcoin developers mentions him too. So I would say he is pretty important developer hence the word leading
achimsmile
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:29:34 PM

there is cannot be evidence about distribution

Smiley finally
Damelon
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:42:12 PM

Almost every post that mentions who are nextcoin developers mentions him too. So I would say he is pretty important developer hence the word leading

Yes, James is an important developer.
However, it needs to be clear he does not work on the core, and as such does not develop Nxt.

Also, he entered into Nxt at about the same time as I did, we work together on some projects (although I am not a dev) and we respect each other.

I find it strange that you attach so much importance to one article that just happens to support your claims, and choose to invalidate so much other arguments, even from people who also have been very closely involved in the project. They have as much a claim to knowledge on this as James, yet you portray them as some kind of fanboy. The only reason for this seems to be that they happen to disagree with you.

Also an observation on this:

That is true, most of my posts are jokes but not when it comes to nextcoin. I am simply irritated by its community that posts on almost every thread on this forum.

A page on bitcointalk contains 40 topics.
Even if you are just referring to the pages in the altcoin section, this would mean 160 topics where we supposedly post in, assuming only the first page is active.
I would contend that in this case you are just exaggerating.

Yes, we dó post when we see these posts about Nxt. I think your perspective is a bit skewed, because we tend to answer your posts on this subject, so we tend to be in most thread *you* post in. Smiley

Frankly, I don't care if people use Nxt or not. I do care about making a clear distinction between fact and assumption. I think that is far more important than any currency being adopted. I'd post about it even if I saw it within another community, íf I had the time Smiley

EvilDave

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:52:58 PM

Which evidence do you need? that nextconi copied almost all of its features from other coins? Or the distribution, there is cannot be evidence about distribution except what people that know all big holders say, and James said it very well. You can argue that that is not valid argument and that is ok, to me word of leading developer means something.

So you hate on NXT because it has an active community, because it has large stakeholders and because it successfully implements features that other coins have attempted ?

Yep, good thinking.

atoni

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:57:12 PM

So you hate on NXT because it has an active community, because it has large stakeholders and because it successfully implements features that other coins have attempted ?

Yep, good thinking.

I dont hate on nextcoin, I am simply irritated that nowdays you cannot open a can of tuna without some nextcoin guy jumping out saying.....we copied this and this from other coins, we are so innovative, we love ourselves and you all should love us.

And those features were not attempted by other coins but are fully working in other coins.

Anyway, I have to go to bed, and I think you have some job to do too, you could update your nextcoin status on thread you hijacked in which person was going to show his investment skills.
mcjavar

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 02:00:24 PM

You are a jerk, cryptonaut Smiley
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 02:03:18 PM

I don't really know if NXT is a scam or not but my issue with NXT is the mass public barely understands Bitcoin as it is, but when many crypto people themselves don't understand what NXT is, well....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: