Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:00:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I Lost My Wallet Balance  (Read 2657 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Rebel939 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:06:02 PM

Hello Friends,

Yesterday My Brother Unknowingly Formatted PC and I Lost my Wallet Balance and files  Sad

I Want to get back my wallet balance

Can Anyone Please Help me in getting back my wallet balance to me

Please Help Me guys,

Waiting..........

Thanks,
Rebel
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:18:57 PM

Hello Friends,

Yesterday My Brother Unknowingly Formatted PC and I Lost my Wallet Balance and files  Sad

I Want to get back my wallet balance

Can Anyone Please Help me in getting back my wallet balance to me

Please Help Me guys,

Waiting..........

Thanks,
Rebel

One question :  Did you have a copy of your private key ?
Rebel939 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:23:05 PM

Wat is Private Key bro

But I Had Set the Key for the wallet in the Multibit ,That I Know
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:25:07 PM

Wat is Private Key bro

But I Had Set the Key for the wallet in the Multibit ,That I Know

You do not know what is a private key, then you must not have the bitcoin!

Before owning the bitcoin, you have to educate yourself very well .

Sorry .
antonioserrano72

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

Impossible

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:28:30 PM

How did he formated your hard drive? If he deleted the files manually, you could use a restoration tool such as this one http://download.cnet.com/Restoration/3000-2094_4-10322950.html
byteberry

Activity: 180
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:30:06 PM

People like you don't need a PC Wallet, the next time you can use a Online Wallet like Xapo.com this is the best in the World, you get a Wallet a Vault and can pre Order a Debit Card

Sorry that you lost your Coins bro!!!

How much BTC was is the Wallet

♔  uKit ICO Feb 19 - Apr 19 ♔
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◆ BOOSTING SITE CONVERSION WITH AI ◆ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Whitepaper | Facebook | Twitter | Telegram
byteberry

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:31:52 PM

How did he formated your hard drive? If he deleted the files manually, you could use a restoration tool such as this one http://download.cnet.com/Restoration/3000-2094_4-10322950.html

You know that the Hard Drive is formated so he need to install Windows again. The problem now is that every Bit is written over the old files so the chance to get the files back is about to 0

tsoPANos

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

In math we trust.

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:46:49 PM

Even if it was formated I think it is possible to recover your wallet.
I think recuva or get data back is capable of doing just that.
trasla

Activity: 707

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:51:31 PM

Balance is 0.007 BTC

I would consider this a lesson for securing and backing up your coins at a very low price.
Educate yourself, make sure you have control of your funds and you know what people are doing with the devices you keep the keys on.

Consider yourself lucky, others have lost way more money in order to learn about the importance of backups...
monsterbitty

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:51:00 AM

What was the balance in the account?
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:55:29 AM

What was the balance in the account?

Why people don't read ?

Balance is 0.007 BTC
bigasic

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 09:25:35 PM

i agree, consider it a very CHEAP lesson. now, if you lost a half a coin or more, then I can see trying to recover it, but when the amount is equivalent to less than 5 us dollars, just consider it a lesson..

If you aren't holding too much coin, then an online wallet is probably good enough..
chrisvl
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

Trainman

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 10:05:52 PM

Try www.easeus.com/partition-recovery/  Smiley

lepirate

Activity: 541

Garbochock

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:08:20 PM

Even if it was formated I think it is possible to recover your wallet.
I think recuva or get data back is capable of doing just that.
Yep, it's possible to recover most stuff from a formatted drive. As long as he/you have not overwritten the files with other stuff you can use "insert_random_file_recovering_software_here" to recover it. Just make sure you don't install or use the formatted disk to anything else until you have recovered it (meaning you can not install the recovery software on that drive).
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 10:50:49 PM

Very, Very cheap lesson. People lost 100s of bitcoins due to missing backups.

rarkenin

Activity: 784

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:26:02 PM

People like you don't need a PC Wallet, the next time you can use a Online Wallet like Xapo.com this is the best in the World, you get a Wallet a Vault and can pre Order a Debit Card

No, no, no, don't use a random web-wallet. Use something like blockchain.info and make sure to back up the wallet and identifier to email.

To OP: Make sure you have a backup. Asking on the forum isn't going to undo your loss as we do not have the power to undelete your files, or to restore your bitcoin.
byteberry

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 12:44:05 AM

No, no, no, don't use a random web-wallet. Use something like blockchain.info and make sure to back up the wallet and identifier to email.

To OP: Make sure you have a backup. Asking on the forum isn't going to undo your loss as we do not have the power to undelete your files, or to restore your bitcoin.

Xapo is not random it is a Company a very big Company, they are much more secure than Blockchain.info also they Bitcoins are protected/covered by a insurance. The Servers are in a big Trezor, they work with the best Security in the World, Biometric Scans, Iris scanner, Finger print, Encrypted Backups digital and paper. They had worked with the best Switzerland's Security Experts and you know that the security System of Ford Knox is from Switzerland

Xapo is a billion Dollar Company

Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 08:46:22 AM

Xapo is not random it is a Company a very big Company, they are much more secure than Blockchain.info also they Bitcoins are protected/covered by a insurance. The Servers are in a big Trezor, they work with the best Security in the World, Biometric Scans, Iris scanner, Finger print, Encrypted Backups digital and paper. They had worked with the best Switzerland's Security Experts and you know that the security System of Ford Knox is from Switzerland

Assuming your security information is true (which I doubt it would be), the issue with having a massive singular web wallet holding your coins is that it presents a bigger target for hackers to come after. If I'm running an encrypted cold storage system I'm really only going to have problems if my house burns down/my offline laptop is stolen. Given that there is a minimal chance that they'll be physically stolen I'd personally prefer to have control over MY coins by having the private key. Not by having it with some random company which states that they have insurance. This is, after all, the internet where lies are more common than ants.

byteberry

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 09:59:39 AM

Assuming your security information is true (which I doubt it would be), the issue with having a massive singular web wallet holding your coins is that it presents a bigger target for hackers to come after. If I'm running an encrypted cold storage system I'm really only going to have problems if my house burns down/my offline laptop is stolen. Given that there is a minimal chance that they'll be physically stolen I'd personally prefer to have control over MY coins by having the private key. Not by having it with some random company which states that they have insurance. This is, after all, the internet where lies are more common than ants.

You are the holder of the Privat Keys, and I also have a own Encrypted Cold Wallet (using the Keys of Xapo). And yes Xapo is a very big Target for Hackers, but most of the Servers are down and/or never Connected to the Internet. For the Cold Wallet every user have a own Hard Drive what never was connected to the Internet it is in a own Safe in the High End Security Safe under the Ground (I told it before what security there is)

And if the Hard Drive crashed there are multiple copies digital and in paper (encrypted).

But this is really only for people with the biggest Bitcoin paranoia.

Do you really have only copies of your Keys in your House ?

How about to write it down and put it in the Save of a Bank

bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 09:15:59 AM

Troll post, self moderated

Pages: [1] 2 »  All